Police Happy neighbors
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Elizabeth, PA

#1 Jul 13, 2010
I have recently moved here (October 2009) and fell in love with my house. I know Glassport is on edge with how some kids act. Unresponsible parents and wild kids ruining the neighborhood. Im a young mom...28 years old with 2 young kids. My family is quiet, we dont cause problems, I dont have unruly kids, I dont bother anyone. I may look like trouble, But im far from it. I like my quiet, and I like my things taken care of. The guy that had owned this property told us when we moved in that our neighbors are....."odd"......a s we found out yes they are. Middle age, not old.
My husband and I bought a dog for our kids for Christmas. I keep my house and my yard clean. I clean up dog crap usually everyday when its hot. This past week with 100* weather, and my sons asthma, we were not outside at all. I took my dog out to go to the bathroom and came back in. So 6 piles of dog crap accumilated. I recieve a summons for court for Nusiance property......come on now?!
Im not going to let my kids run around in a crap filled yard nor do I want to smell it. Talked to their other neighbor to find out the 3 years she has lived there it has been the same thing over and over.
Isnt this a waste of time and tax money?!?!?!
My dog is licensed, up to date on shots and always on a leash.
What do I do?!?!?!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2010
Wait so the summons was for the dog droppings? Wow, there are houses that look like trash, actual trash and this is being written up.

If that is the case I have about a couple dozen houses a lot worse off then just dog issues that I would like to get cited for a nusiance property.

This town has so many people who let thing go and let bad things happen, but it sounds like these people are the complete opposite and on the other end of the spectrum.

I think the only thing you can do is take it to court and plead your case. Take picture of your property and and ask other neighbors if they will come and speak on your behalf or at lest write a statement you can submit. Your only options is with the courts it seems.

Elizabeth, PA

#3 Jul 13, 2010
Thats exactly how I feel. There are houses on my block that Im afraid of being a target for arson, there are people that let their yards look like trash and clearly do not take care of what they have. I have morals I was raised with that Im passing onto my kids. But am I being a target for what I look like? I am an upstanding citizen, I obey all rules, I cause no trouble.....Its bad when my 7 year old son reads sign around glassport that say "together we can keep Glassport clean" then turns around and says no we cant, because people always litter. My kids will never be the ones running the streets causing problems, and if they ever do, there will be hell to pay.
So why am I being a target for "nusiance property"?!?!?! I keep my yard clean, free of even kids toys cause I cant stand clutter....and my grass is always cut.
Sooooooooooo aggravating that tax dollars are being spent on such ridiculous write ups on the wrong people!!!! I grew up in Jefferson Hills, a far cry from Glassport....this town has grown on me and I see potential. Im sure this guy has maybe some good intentions.....but make it on the right people. He has never even made an effort to talk to us or get to know us at all. His wife has but you can clearly see she is very backwards and never knows what to say.
Im just soooooo blown away by all this.
Future Ex Glassporter

Cheswick, PA

#4 Jul 14, 2010
Wow, I would fight that. Seriously, I keep up with my yard but in the mornings when I let my dogs out, I rarely clean up their droppings til that night. Makes me wonder if the crackheads next door would turn me in for that? I would just have to laugh at maybe the two piles that I would get cited for? Anyway, there are good people in Glassport and people that want to and will make a difference. The nay sayers can leave but I have hope. BTW, the negative people are the one's that destroyed this town over the last 20 years.

Elizabeth, PA

#5 Jul 14, 2010
I fully intend to fight it and if it keeps up I will press harassment charges under false reports.... I should not have to worry about this. I have better things in my life I have to attend to. I feel bad for the lady who lives next door and has for the past 3 years dealing with their crap.
blank

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jul 14, 2010
who's crap are you refering too?? The boroughs enforcement officer - elected council - mayor - police?? Who has the lady next door been dealing with for THREE years?? Sounds a little fishy !!!!
in the crapper

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Jul 14, 2010
just clean up the crap and you would not have been cited. how silly for anyone to defend 6 crappings. its crap people! sick and disgusting, attacting flies and maggots on hot days. the cops should have made you pick it up with your hands instead of citing you.
blank

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Jul 14, 2010
honestly InkedMom your story is hard to believe
I will be looking for you at the next council meeting.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 14, 2010
blank wrote:
What! What is wrong with you? "I will be looking for you", that almost sounds like a threat. Are you kidding me.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 14, 2010
in the crapper wrote:
just clean up the crap and you would not have been cited. how silly for anyone to defend 6 crappings. its crap people! sick and disgusting, attacting flies and maggots on hot days. the cops should have made you pick it up with your hands instead of citing you.
This post just screams a person who is just trying to pick a fight and try and piss people off.
No Shame

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Jul 15, 2010
blank wrote:
These comments smack of smart ass answers like the borough council & secretaries give. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this comment came from one of them. Especially the borough secretaries, they are rude, ignorant and ill-bred morons.
child_of_the_hoo dlum

Jackson, MI

#12 Jul 15, 2010
I agree with G-man and No Shame...This woman voiced her concerns and thoughts in a very adult fashion. Then BAM "pick it up with your hands"

Way out of line. Someone who just wants to stir the pot
for real

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Jul 15, 2010
Wait, so the dog feces was in your OWN yard and your neighbors not only complained, but you got a court summons for THAT?

I wouldn't know or care if there was dog crap in my neighbor's yard. Talk about trivial. If someone were letting their dog dump in my yard, I'd be more apt to notice and be annoyed. But your own yard? Seriously?
Vic

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Jul 15, 2010
If she broke the law, whether it was in her own yard or not, she broke the law. Pay the fine and don't let it happen again. With this heat, leaving piles of dog crap in your yard isn't healthy and stinks. I'm amazed some of you are defending her laziness to clean up after six dog craps. That is 6 days. I don't care if it was in your yard or the neighbors yard. It's a freaking public nusaince.
for real

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jul 15, 2010
If it happened as she described, it's really minor and it probably wouldn't be a nuisance to most people who weren't overly concerned with their neighbor's business.

It's just hard to believe that small animals pooping in the grass of your own yard is a "crime". Especially in a town with collapsing buildings, blocked off streets and actual crimes like drugs, shootings and murder to be concerned with.

It's also hard to imagine that little clumps of dog doo smell much worse than what wafts up from our sewage plant or what drifts over from the coke works. And I'm not complaining about either of those things. They're minor enough to ignore. Unless someone's specifically looking for something to complain about.

Elizabeth, PA

#16 Jul 16, 2010
Ok first off I didn't not break any laws.And there is no fine. And no It was not 6 days of crap. It was 6 piles.....3 days, I will spare the details on my dogs bathroom routine.

Bottom line....fine you want me to say I was lazy for 3 days so be it. It did not stink.
Ive had my dog since we moved into this house and I clean my yard once a day. But 3 days I decide not to and I receive a summons.
Im just saying it b.s. and Im sure there are better things to worry about in this town than my dogs shit.

I was able to talk to the police chief and found out that the people that lived in this house before me NEVER cleaned up their dog mess and thus had many run ins with the police and problems with the neighbors. So I can understand the neighbors problem with dogs now. If only the neighbor would have came to me and voiced his feelings.

But Im sure he will find something else to complain about now. Like my son that sat on the property line and he came out and yelled at my him!!!! Uncalled for....

But everything is for the most part ok as of now.

Im just pissed off that people are getting cited for such nonsense things when there are other problems to worry about.

And those of you making some of the remarks you said above....see you at the next meeting and you should pick it up with your hands.
Your free to voice your own opinion, I can brush it off. No biggie.
I have been wanting to show my face at a council meeting but what good will it possibly do, especially if someone like you is there. Goes to show why this neighborhood is like it is. Thats my opinion.
Don't be quick to judge people. I believe in Karma.

I want to see this town turn around. I want to see better things for my kids. I raise my kids to be respectful of others and property. And here I was thinking of maybe opening my own hair salon in this town.....add something to the area....people like you make me think twice....

Elizabeth, PA

#17 Jul 16, 2010
Glassportman wrote:
<quoted text>
This post just screams a person who is just trying to pick a fight and try and piss people off.
thank you Glassportman......I have been lurking this community since I moved here in October and I think you are one of the few people on here that have honest and respectable opinions.
Oh ok

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Jul 16, 2010
Then I guess I'll just throw my gum wrapper out the window as I drive down the main street everyday - it's such a "minor" thing and nobody will notice.

Then I guess I'll park on the corner at the bank with my car sticking out into the intersection. It's a "minor" thing. I'll only be a minute.

Then I guess I will not cut my grass for the rest of the summer. It's too hot and I get too tired pushing that mower. It's a minor thing anyway.

Then I guess I won't report the shoplifter in the back of Foodland today stealing meat. It's such a "minor" thing. The owner can probably afford it.

Then I guess I won't stop at the stop sign by the old La Romana today. It's such a "minor" thing and I really need to be in McKeesport 5 seconds earlier today.

Do we understand people????? When one person does it, other people don't care and do the same things. Next thing you know, people are running stop signs all over town. People are letting their yards go and grass ends up 2 foot tall. Shoplifting runs rampant. People park their cars anywhere - on corners, in front of fire hydrants, in front of the neighbors garage door, etc...because it's only going to be for 5 minutes. Dog crap ends up everywhere- on the sidewalks, on the playgrounds, on the ballfields, on your shoes.

I'll give you a real example. A guy walks down my street 4 times a day. He tosses a cigarette butt on the street every single time he walks. Thats a "minor" thing, right? That's 4 butts per day, 28 per week, over 1400 per year. Guess what? I, and every one of my neighbors have the cigarette butts on our sidewalks, in our yards, on the street in front of our houses- all because of one person. Awww....it's only a tiny cigarette butt and such a "minor" thing according to you geniuses on here, but it is a nusainse to every one of us who keep our yards and sidewalks clean.

When everything is a "minor" issue that needs to be ignored you may as well eliminate all the laws because people will continue to "stretch" the violations because it was "only" a "minor" thing. That is what is wrong with this town and has been for years.

Elizabeth, PA

#19 Jul 16, 2010
Im not saying that its a minor problem for some people it is a major problem. Ive had my dog since we moved in here and one time I dont clean it up in three days....why cant people understand that?! Some people clean their mess up once a week.

But I stepped it up and instead if cleaning up 2 piles once a day, I clean it up everytime now.

But what about these people who let their dogs go in the middle of the sidewalk?! When my dog gets walked, I carry bags to clean it up. My kids have stepped in so much dog crap on the side walks its disgusting!!!
Even up by fuzzys.....there is a garbage can right there and kids still throw their garbage on the ground. Its ridiculous!!!!!

None of that is minor....its all major but of course something is being done about the wrong things in this town......

I yell at the people that let their dogs shit in my yard....I dont care if they do...as long as they clean it up. Its a pain in my ass and I get pissed off pulling beer cans, tea cartons and other grabage off of my sidewalk and hedges. I keep around my house clean. I dont want it to look like shit like a lot of houses down here do.
My kids dont litter. I taught them about the effects of the oil spill.
Oh ok

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Jul 16, 2010
Well, somebody obviously complained about you and you may have to pay the price for not being more diligent. You were the one that got caught. Time for you to start complaining about the kids in front of Fuzzy's, the neighbors letting their dogs crap in your yard, the people littering in your yard. Time for you to turn the tables on those people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election year 1 hr Voted for Trump 52
Buy Glassport Real Estate.....best kept secret 3 hr Fiddler 2
Queeg is Elaina 4 hr Queeg 44
Playground grant 6 hr spotter 10
Ridiculous people always want hand outs 14 hr Voted for Trump 8
News 5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring (Apr '14) Mon Sir Repko 71
Deleting Tifff Mar 26 Skank E Hoe 2

Glassport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glassport Mortgages