Garbage Hauling Fiasco
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whatajoke

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
whats with the garbage company not picking up trash? their bill says due by the 16th, yet they've stopped picking up garbage since last week of anybody who hasn't paid. talk about a shoddy run business! boro officials should be all over that company threatening to cancel their contract. talk about amateur hour! somebody must be getting paid off for this kind of service! what a joke!
whatajoke

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Feb 14, 2013
so my pickup never happened on the fifth and twelth. last time i looked those dates were before the sixteenth on my calendar. they must be looking at the a**hole calendar. riding around i see others not picked up yesterday and tday. this is a bunch of bs! why say one thing on your bill when you really mean something else. bad business practice. i'm turning them and the boro in! bring out wpxi!
Xxxx

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2013
They also charge for services not rendered.
They'll cut your service and still try to make you pay for it.
They say its legal to not take your trash and still charge you for them not picking it up.
Don't pick you up for six months???
Make you pay that six months ????
Sounds like robbery!!!!
Ask the boro and see how they polish it for you.
Good luck
nicklebitch

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Say bye bye to them. Say hello to county hauling. Nicklebitch was a disaster
OLDTIMER

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Thats not how to run a business. Really bad PR for the boro. Again. So what else is new? Look what we have running the boro.
hello

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
to bad its not county hauling. waste managment got the bid
Insider

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Feb 14, 2013
hello wrote:
to bad its not county hauling. waste managment got the bid
Thats funny, because council has yet to make public.

Well said councilman Tom. Your word "to" gives you away all the time. Its TOO BAD... Uneducated council we have.
resident

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Go to the meeting it is waste management and hopefully the open the bid of ems and get those clairton clowns outta here also they r supposed to keep a crew around the clock meanwhile after 9pm they respond from clairton with a bls crew and its supposed to be a als crew thats why u constantly see mckeesport coming in to back th. Up what a joke
PETA

Bronx, NY

#10 Feb 15, 2013
They didn't pay there bill ass
Jar Jar

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, because council has yet to make public.
Well said councilman Tom. Your word "to" gives you away all the time. Its TOO BAD... Uneducated council we have.
Zat you Yoda? Crazy people Topix has.
EMTMEDIC

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Feb 16, 2013
resident wrote:
Go to the meeting it is waste management and hopefully the open the bid of ems and get those clairton clowns outta here also they r supposed to keep a crew around the clock meanwhile after 9pm they respond from clairton with a bls crew and its supposed to be a als crew thats why u constantly see mckeesport coming in to back th. Up what a joke
The EMS current contract is NOT for around the clock in town coverage. It is 7am to 7pm. It IS suppose to be an ALS truck though. There is NO ambulance service that can jusify placing a truck in this town around the clock finacially. The 600 calls, mostly non paying, won't work.
Rasputin

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2013
whatajoke wrote:
whats with the garbage company not picking up trash? their bill says due by the 16th, yet they've stopped picking up garbage since last week of anybody who hasn't paid. talk about a shoddy run business! boro officials should be all over that company threatening to cancel their contract. talk about amateur hour! somebody must be getting paid off for this kind of service! what a joke!
Problem....resistance from US Steel and the USW
Solution...support Cap and Trade to break their financial and poltical back.

A long bloody struggle still lies ahead, but I have no doubt as to the outcome
Original Nightmare

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Feb 16, 2013
whatajoke wrote:
so my pickup never happened on the fifth and twelth. last time i looked those dates were before the sixteenth on my calendar. they must be looking at the a**hole calendar. riding around i see others not picked up yesterday and tday. this is a bunch of bs! why say one thing on your bill when you really mean something else. bad business practice. i'm turning them and the boro in! bring out wpxi!
Well, I and many others who didn't get their garbage picked up paid our entire bill last year in full. They still didn't pick up our garbage. Of course, when I asked if I could deduct the non-pickup from my next years bill, I was told "no". The boro has to do something about the non paying people. Maybe make the landlords pay the bill in full and then get their tenants to pay by rent increase. This is sickening in this town...garbage piled everywhere, ripped open and animals (rats) feasting on it. Nickolich sure is a "mickey mouse" operation. They ride around with a "list", that the idiots in the office don't even bother to update. Get rid of them.
Mickey Mouse

Glassport, PA

#15 Feb 17, 2013
Original Nightmare wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I and many others who didn't get their garbage picked up paid our entire bill last year in full. They still didn't pick up our garbage. Of course, when I asked if I could deduct the non-pickup from my next years bill, I was told "no". The boro has to do something about the non paying people. Maybe make the landlords pay the bill in full and then get their tenants to pay by rent increase. This is sickening in this town...garbage piled everywhere, ripped open and animals (rats) feasting on it. Nickolich sure is a "mickey mouse" operation. They ride around with a "list", that the idiots in the office don't even bother to update. Get rid of them.
Here, here! Git rid of them now.
Tom B

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Feb 17, 2013
Mickey Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, here! Git rid of them now.
Do you people live in a cave?.The borough got rid of them last week.
Original Nightmare

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Feb 17, 2013
Tom B wrote:
<quoted text>Do you people live in a cave?.The borough got rid of them last week.
No, they didn't get rid of them. Nickolich didn't bid on the contract because they didn't want to do the billing. Other boro's do the billing but Glassport doesn't. There still has to be a way to get the non-payers to pay. Sick of looking at weeks and weeks worth of piled up trash on the streets. Doesn't the ordinance person deal with this? What about citations for these people or landlords?
rodger

Princeton, NJ

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Waste management on the streets today . Hope they take the red drums off the streets too7808
Citizen One

Mckeesport, PA

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Tom B wrote:
<quoted text>Do you people live in a cave?.The borough got rid of them last week.
No, we live in houses. The problem is our boro doesn't feel the need in keeping the populace informed about anything. Nobody knows what is going on until all hell and chaos breaks loose. That's the Chookie and John DeSue way of operating.
Funny

Bronx, NY

#22 Feb 19, 2013
Its called a contract, duh!
Jimbob

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Feb 19, 2013
The girl a Nickolich said she put us on non pay list on accident. When she looked us up and saw we had no balance due they sent someone out Monday to pick it up.
Are they going to refund money to people who paid for the year when the new guys take over?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Any Update on the Cornell Sex Scandal? (Dec '10) 5 hr Carmen the Cod 1,113
Petitition to Parole Tom Hose (May '13) 5 hr Tony the Trout 17
Next City Council Meeting 5 hr EPA Ghost 12
Too late for Glassport 9 hr Richard the Lionh... 15
Liberal Mckeesport 10 hr Sammy the Salmon 13
The PRICE is Right 11 hr Eyes Have It 7
News Councilman-Elect Seeking Pardon Owes Thousands ... Thu Touchable Ness 41
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glassport Mortgages