so, when is st cecelia church coming ...

so, when is st cecelia church coming down?

Posted in the Glassport Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ohio Ave

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Aug 13, 2012
chooky? boro manager? nancy? the plastic sheeting is now coming loose or has holes in them. it looks worse now than before. broken promises again. shows how much they care.
apparently never

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Aug 13, 2012
It's definitely WORSE than ever! Absolutely shameful. Disgraceful.
Just The Facts

Elizabeth, PA

#3 Aug 13, 2012
The borough has no say as to when the church comes down.If you have a problem call the T.R.C.O.G. there number is in the book.
WINNING

Mckeesport, PA

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Gotta love government beaurocracy! It makes it so much easier to shift blame and take no responsiblity for what happens in the town that people were elected and/or paid to run.
Igor

Mckeesport, PA

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Just The Facts wrote:
The borough has no say as to when the church comes down.If you have a problem call the T.R.C.O.G. there number is in the book.
But Demarco, Crncic, and Desue had no problems getting their pictures taken and a story written about their input in getting a grant to tear the building down didn't they? By the way, the grant they take credit for, but no blame for the building not yet down, appears to be SEVERELY underestimated. How stupid can you be to apply for a grant that is nowhere near enough to finish the prioject? So far, for $200,000, we have plastic sheets put over the windows (already half torn apart) and had a couple trucks of asbestos removed with plenty more to go. Rumor circulating says the building needs at least a miilion dollars more to get ripped down. A million! More government ineptness and abuse of tax monies! Who pays? We the taxpayers do!
BORIS

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Hush Hush people, The church will come down when the Boro figures out what to do with the property at Ohio, Mon and Ninth. Removing the Brick and covering with plastic didn't work out, give the boro workers a case of duct tape and a weeks pay i'm sure they can conquer the monster.
BEASTMODE

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Aug 13, 2012
Lets ask the GAA for some of that stolen money back and put it towards the demolition.
I Remember

Elizabeth, PA

#8 Aug 13, 2012
I thought Mitch and Rosemary said they got the grant money for the church.
Kathy

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Aug 14, 2012
I Remember wrote:
I thought Mitch and Rosemary said they got the grant money for the church.
No. Chookie DeMarco, Nancy Crncic, and John DeSue took credit for it in the newspaper. They also now deserve the blame as it isn't coming down as promised.
Never

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Aug 27, 2012
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Chookie DeMarco, Nancy Crncic, and John DeSue took credit for it in the newspaper. They also now deserve the blame as it isn't coming down as promised.
I wonder if they'll call the Daily News to come take their picture in front of the chuch on the 10th anniversary of that first picture. That's coming up soon.

Since: Aug 12

Arlington, VA

#11 Aug 27, 2012
Just The Facts wrote:
That's not our job! Is anyone from the boro calling them everyday? Secretaries, councilmen, and/ or the Mayor? Anyone? Everyone is quick to blame this person and that person, but no one is picking up the phone to fix it. The boro should call everyday, 3 or 4 times a day trying to get answers. If the problem is money than call everyone you know to help, until it's fixed. If its a dead end then move on to the next clean up project.
Dead Beats

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Aug 27, 2012
Obviously It's not their job either. Keep picking on these politicians and they will write another letter to editor stating how they only make 42 cents a day.
Ohio Ave

Mckeesport, PA

#13 Aug 31, 2012
The building is a disgrace. If it were in any of the council's neighborhoods, they would have never of let the building get this way or they would have had it torn down 10 years ago!
fozzy

South Ozone Park, NY

#14 Sep 1, 2012
If it was behind a councilman's house it would of been torn down and paved by now bet on that.
Jimmy U

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Sep 5, 2012
Anybody have an idea what year the building will come down in? JSF? Nancy? Chookie? John? Paul? Mutcy? I'm out of the loop and people are starting to get on me about it.
Bom Tradley

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Sep 5, 2012
Jimmy U wrote:
Anybody have an idea what year the building will come down in? JSF? Nancy? Chookie? John? Paul? Mutcy? I'm out of the loop and people are starting to get on me about it.
As soon as I pull out of Mitch, I'll address it at a meeting(as long as mommy allows)
Fat Angelo

Glassport, PA

#17 Sep 5, 2012
Wasn't that fat dumbocrat Angelo in the paper too. He's the reason St. Cecilia is still standing. I heard he wants it to get redone.

VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!!
Joan Crawford

Morgantown, WV

#18 Sep 7, 2012
The window frames are being removed so maybe they are finally going to tear it down.
Ohio ave

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Sep 8, 2012
Joan Crawford wrote:
The window frames are being removed so maybe they are finally going to tear it down.
the workers told me they ran out of money. are they working for nothing now? also if they are removing asbestos, why does one worker wear a mask and the other doesn't? and are the asbestos now being spewed out into the air for the whole block to breathe with the plastic now off the windows? does OSHA know about this?
Hemlock Alley

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Sep 19, 2012
September 19th...still not down. Why isn't our boro manager, as well as our council president and mayor, on top of this? What are we paying him for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deverse and Riley running the school district 1 hr Crumbs Pelosi 9
Steve Kovacs The Drunk Role Model 15 hr Curious Minds 5
Does Alexandroff Speak 18 hr Nick lost his tongue 16
I can't believe it!!!!! 18 hr Parents of the year 17
Marshalls Century 3 Equity Scandal 20 hr Diddy Dog 5
Why so much racism in this forum and Glassport.... (Sep '13) Jan 19 UnDoc Risha 39
Glassport news Jan 18 Swamp Rat 23

Glassport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glassport Mortgages