South Allegheny Sports
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
tony romo

Rochester, PA

#1 Oct 16, 2011
Why do all of South Allegheny sports teams suck big time?
I do know the girls have really improved from the past.
I know SA has some big kids, but they aren't interested in sports.
I wonder why that is. SA school board is a very disgusting political group who think they are doing the best for SA, but they aren't.
Yes, education is most important,but that isn't even foremost at SA. They hire all their politically connected teachers. Not those who are most qualified. That goes the same for all their coaches.
I suppose the kids don't like these coaches and that's why they stay away. That was pretty much always the SA boards way.
Aren't there any intelligent people in the SA area who are interested in the kids, more than themselves? Money isn't everything,education is!
Wayne Rooney

Glassport, PA

#2 Oct 16, 2011
They have a co-ed middle school soccer program???? Show me one other district that does. And I agree with you, no coaches with any credentials(in the soccer side) and a very mediocre feeder program at best. It's going to be a very week program for ever with this attitude. Hopefully they pull it together before my kid is old enough to play. Very sad.:-(
No Balls

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Oct 16, 2011
Eliminate the sports. Kids are supposed to be going to school for education, not extra-curricular activities. Save the tax money and cut out all sports.
kurt angle

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2011
We have built a pretty solid wrestling program and have had some really good wrestlers come through, go ahead tell them that they suck....
tony romo

Rochester, PA

#5 Oct 17, 2011
OK, they suck!
albie

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Oct 17, 2011
Wayne Rooney wrote:
They have a co-ed middle school soccer program???? Show me one other district that does. And I agree with you, no coaches with any credentials(in the soccer side) and a very mediocre feeder program at best. It's going to be a very week program for ever with this attitude. Hopefully they pull it together before my kid is old enough to play. Very sad.:-(
does it ever occur to you that nobody cares about soccer around here when the kids get to the competitive age, other than a few? ever go see the crowds when they play at the stadium? soccer around here is only good till kids get to 6th grade, then everybody loses interest. drop soccer from the sports offered, nobody will care. more kids will play football then.
SA Soccer Dad

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2011
tony romo wrote:
Why do all of South Allegheny sports teams suck big time?
I do know the girls have really improved from the past.
I know SA has some big kids, but they aren't interested in sports.
I wonder why that is. SA school board is a very disgusting political group who think they are doing the best for SA, but they aren't.
Yes, education is most important,but that isn't even foremost at SA. They hire all their politically connected teachers. Not those who are most qualified. That goes the same for all their coaches.
I suppose the kids don't like these coaches and that's why they stay away. That was pretty much always the SA boards way.
Aren't there any intelligent people in the SA area who are interested in the kids, more than themselves? Money isn't everything,education is!
Actually there are some positives as far as SA sports are concerned. The girls softball team has been reaching deep into the playoffs for the last few years. The girls soccer team went to the playoffs last year and have clinched a spot this year. Wrestling, baseball, volleyball, hockey have all been somewhat successful.

To your point, if I had a bitch about the SA School Board, they should fire that idiot and his son who are coaching the boys soccer team right now. My son hates playing for him (he starts by the way) and the other boys feel the same. They have some good players on the team and it's wasted because he knows nothing. He has had 2 wins in the last 3 years, but they keep employing him because he sucks up to the SA AD. PLEASE SA SCHOOL BOARD: FIRE DEAN VICKERS!!!!!!
Wayne Rooney

Glassport, PA

#8 Oct 17, 2011
Agree!!!!!! Soccer dad, you know your stuff. I have interest on the boys side and girls sides. It makes me sad. The girls are winning because two reasons. 1) they have always had good training. Starting with Don Castor and ending with Anthony Territo. 2) They play in a crap division.

The boys....well you said it. The two Vickers need to go! Neither one of them are certified coaches. And while their at it, get rid of the guy who stands on the sidelines with the girls. He's a BASEBALL coach. He needs to go too.
Banned from Sa soccer

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Oct 17, 2011
mikey against mr vickers, now the hateful situation has spread outside the boro.
not banned

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Oct 17, 2011
Wait a sec. Mikey is banned from SA soccer and he now wants the coach fired? Wasn't an incident between Mikey and the coach the reason for Mikey being banned? That explains everything about this topic now!

No Shame

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Banned from Sa soccer wrote:
mikey against mr vickers, now the hateful situation has spread outside the boro.
Banned from Sa soccer,
Excellent call!! You saw right through his little game. Also you called it before his switching from the "Wayne Rooney Mckeesport, PA" to the "Wayne Rooney Hinsdale, IL" which the latter is his favorite place to mask his location.

GREAT JOB!!!

No Shame

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 18, 2011
What a bunch of bull crap, posts 2, 8 and 11 are from him without a doubt.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/glassport-pa/...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/glassport-pa/...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/glassport-pa/...

The people are wise to his shenanigans, they can find his posts just by reading through the threads.

FANTASTIC JOB folks. ;-)
SA Soccer

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Oct 18, 2011
Mike just wants Vickers job. He ain't getting it!
Wayne Rooney

Glassport, PA

#16 Oct 18, 2011
SA Soccer Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Wayne Rooney is not Mike. The 'Wayne Rooney" reference is way too clever for Mikey to come up with.
Was at last nights boys soccer game. Same thing and same result...Vickers and his creepy son screaming at the boys and they lose. I pray my son does not have to play for these idiots the next few years. Maybe if the School Board saw Vickers in his true habitat, the PNA, they would think differently.
Maybe I should start airing the "dirty laundry" that everyone seems to know about these two but are afraid to say anything because he won't play their kids if they speak up against him. All I need is for someone to ask, Im ready to spill the beans!
Yelling does not encourage young men to play the "beautiful game". Dean and Matt have no coaching license, no USSF credentials, and no ability to train these boys. It's the same on the girls side. The boys play in a harder division and the girls win on former training and talent alone.

If someone truly has something on these two that can get them replaced with a real coach, please do. But that is never the case with SA. They replaced Anthony T, a coach with a National License with a teacher who know nothing about the game. It's pollitics. They do not care about real football here and the american football program is terrible too. Last winning season was 1984?

Good luck SA Soccer Dad! I'd suggest a private or catholic school if your son has talent. Or simply have him tryout for a competitive classic program. Beadling, Century 5, Arsenal FC are a few. Stay away from Penns Forest because the Vickers boys coach there also.

http://www.pawest-soccer.org/youth_div/classi...

Direct link for all the info you may need. They(classic clubs)have teams to U19.
playarealsport

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Oct 18, 2011
soccer sucks. play a real man sport you sissys
Clueless

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Oct 18, 2011
playarealsport wrote:
soccer sucks. play a real man sport you sissys
Wow, it's apparent you have no clue whatsoever what it takes to play soccer. Next time, try keeping your comments to yourself.
Wayne Rooney

Glassport, PA

#19 Oct 18, 2011
Good point Clueeless!

A wise man once said:

" in real football we do use our feet to play, we don't stop play every sixty seconds, were not covered from head to toe in pads, we don't suck oxygen on the sidelines, we play more than one game a week, and we do have a real world championship."

"so if you can't handle that, go play that sorry excuse of a game you call football!"
Ralph

Mckeesport, PA

#20 Oct 18, 2011
Ha. Mikey conversing with himself again. Pitiful.
SA Booster

Mckeesport, PA

#21 Oct 19, 2011
1-16. Thats one win and sixteen losses. Thats what the boys that play for Dean Vickers get for all their hard work.

Now I read in todays Daily News how SA got a boys basketball coach that coached at Division 1 college Robert Morris. They get an experienced coach and we get some chain smoking clown and his idiot kid that has serious impulse control issues.

To add insult to injury, Vicker's is now telling everyone that the reason the girls are winning is that they're in a weak division while he can't win because he plays a tougher section. He's telling the parents it will be different next year when SA get's realigned and he's in a lower section. So tell me Dean, how will it be easier playing Greensburg CC, Vincentian, Shadyside Academy, Springdale etc...

So, you want to disrespect the girls team to explain away why your such a disgrace as a coach. My boy deserves better than you, so does the entire team. Do everyone a favor, take that job you're telling the boys you have to coach that other high school. Please, take the job and leave these kids alone. You are a joke!

PS If I was a parent of one of the girls team and heard what you've been saying about them.....
Wayne Rooney

Glassport, PA

#22 Oct 19, 2011
Mate,

The girls are winning because the girls have always had good training(until now), and are very talented. Thats why they win. The boys have had these two wankers and some big, loud mouthed wank and that's why they are losing. They too, have the ability to learn the beautiful game and have talent, but will never have the chance with these two.

Go to a meeting and ask why he still has a job. He and Matt loses kids to other sports because of his inability to train these boys and yet, year after year, he is the coach. Good luck and cheers mate, but there is always time for Classic Soccer. It goes up to U19 then adult GPSL.

http://www.pawest-soccer.org/youth_div/classi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glassport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosemary was a bag of wind 3 hr Queeg 2
would you take a handjob instead of banging som... Wed No Smack Zone 7
new glassport website Wed Street Cop 26
Health dept. Jul 18 Well 2
Where can a guy get laid in Glassport without g... Jul 18 Street Cop 8
Dan Bender Jul 16 Proofs in the ice... 7
Playground grant Jul 15 Alley Rat 23

Glassport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glassport Mortgages