Officer Shot In Glasgow Ready For Case's Closure

Sep 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston

Leslie Rubin Videographer: Leslie Rubin Web Producer: Leslie Rubin Reported: Sep.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2012
prayers

Wharton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 1, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Prayers for this officer and all others that have to come face to face with people like him. He needs to be behind bars for life. There is no way on this earth he didn't know he was an officer of the law if the other officer was standing there in full uniform. I have no sympathy for this guy at all.
smoker

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hurry back officer Smith,Glasgow needs you.
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just to let you in on the facts since you think you already know them, the officer wasn't in uniform, in fact, he was off duty the night that this happened. He was wearing regular street clothes, jeans and shirt, and the other officer that was on duty had regular street clothes on over his uniform!!! WHY? The cop car wasn't even parked near his house, and the cops never said that they were the law, in fact he was the one that had called 911 for help!!! So, tell me, why would an officer who wasn't on duty, in regular street clothes, respond to a 911 call? And why would the on duty officer have street clothes over his uniform? Why did they not pull their patrol vehicle in the drive way so that the man whom called for help, would know that the police were there? You wasn't there and you know nothing about what went down that night. So, maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself till you know the facts. If you think the officers of glasgow are so innocent, maybe the EX-Officer Wills will finally spill his guts on his former police buddies!!!!!The TRUTH will come OUT about ALL of them!!!!!!
hawaii five 0

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

TRUTH wrote:
Just to let you in on the facts since you think you already know them, the officer wasn't in uniform, in fact, he was off duty the night that this happened. He was wearing regular street clothes, jeans and shirt, and the other officer that was on duty had regular street clothes on over his uniform!!! WHY? The cop car wasn't even parked near his house, and the cops never said that they were the law, in fact he was the one that had called 911 for help!!! So, tell me, why would an officer who wasn't on duty, in regular street clothes, respond to a 911 call? And why would the on duty officer have street clothes over his uniform? Why did they not pull their patrol vehicle in the drive way so that the man whom called for help, would know that the police were there? You wasn't there and you know nothing about what went down that night. So, maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself till you know the facts. If you think the officers of glasgow are so innocent, maybe the EX-Officer Wills will finally spill his guts on his former police buddies!!!!!The TRUTH will come OUT about ALL of them!!!!!!
Ok dude, lets clarify this early..I WAS there that night so I have a little knowledge of what happened.:0) No, he wasnt on duty, he was on call. Meaning he wasnt on patrol but if a situation arose he would be called out at a moments notice and in that case hes not required to be in uniform.... Secondly, he did NOT have street clothes on over a uniform. That has to be the dumbest statement ive heard surrounding this case yet... He was in street clothes however there is nothing wrong with that as long as he has his ID, badge and indentifies himself as a police officer prior to engageing a suspect. WHICH HE DID! Wearing street clothes did not get him shot...what if he were a detective undercover and was serving a warrent? should he run home and put on dress blues?? Thirdly, there was no driveway at this location for the officer to pull in to... The suspect lived in an alley in a very tight space and if you have any clue about law enforcemt, you dont pull directly onto a scene ... His car woulda been ten feet from the front door and he could have been shit before ever exiting the cruiser... The incident came in as a hostile situation and in this case you do not want to "pre-announce" your arrival......bottom line is he showed up, knocked on the door and was shot... There were a few issues that could have been handled better but all in all he did his job... He didnt break into the guys house. He knocked on the door and was shot thru the door.... You have a right to sefend yourself but the suspect wasnt in danger. If i shot everyone that knocked on my door id be considered a mass murderer
hawaii five 0

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 9, 2012
 
TRUTH wrote:
Just to let you in on the facts since you think you already know them, the officer wasn't in uniform, in fact, he was off duty the night that this happened. He was wearing regular street clothes, jeans and shirt, and the other officer that was on duty had regular street clothes on over his uniform!!! WHY? The cop car wasn't even parked near his house, and the cops never said that they were the law, in fact he was the one that had called 911 for help!!! So, tell me, why would an officer who wasn't on duty, in regular street clothes, respond to a 911 call? And why would the on duty officer have street clothes over his uniform? Why did they not pull their patrol vehicle in the drive way so that the man whom called for help, would know that the police were there? You wasn't there and you know nothing about what went down that night. So, maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself till you know the facts. If you think the officers of glasgow are so innocent, maybe the EX-Officer Wills will finally spill his guts on his former police buddies!!!!!The TRUTH will come OUT about ALL of them!!!!!!
Fyi. I know there are typos but i typed from a cell with small keys an im not gonna go back and correct.... Thought id clear that up b4 the grammer and spelling police nit picked me to death
hawaii five 0

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

TRUTH wrote:
Just to let you in on the facts since you think you already know them, the officer wasn't in uniform, in fact, he was off duty the night that this happened. He was wearing regular street clothes, jeans and shirt, and the other officer that was on duty had regular street clothes on over his uniform!!! WHY? The cop car wasn't even parked near his house, and the cops never said that they were the law, in fact he was the one that had called 911 for help!!! So, tell me, why would an officer who wasn't on duty, in regular street clothes, respond to a 911 call? And why would the on duty officer have street clothes over his uniform? Why did they not pull their patrol vehicle in the drive way so that the man whom called for help, would know that the police were there? You wasn't there and you know nothing about what went down that night. So, maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself till you know the facts. If you think the officers of glasgow are so innocent, maybe the EX-Officer Wills will finally spill his guts on his former police buddies!!!!!The TRUTH will come OUT about ALL of them!!!!!!
And one more thing, i am by far not defending anyone here....i disagree with what officer smith did as an east bank police officer and i think its crazy that hes gonna get a settlement out of it... It just pisses me off when someone gets on here and portrays they know facts about something they have no clue about in an effort to make someone look bad
hathappened

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 9, 2012
 
he was a glasgow police officer,and the police car was in plain sight.if you know the area,the car could have been seen by a blind man,i,too,was close by,the cruiser WAS acually really cose to the front door,no excuse for this to have happened,except for the fact that the shooter was hopped up on bath salts.he is where he needs to be,for a long time,at least we here in glasgow hope so anyway!get well soon and hurry back officer smith.glasgow needs you!
hawaii five 0

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 9, 2012
 
hathappened wrote:
he was a glasgow police officer,and the police car was in plain sight.if you know the area,the car could have been seen by a blind man,i,too,was close by,the cruiser WAS acually really cose to the front door,no excuse for this to have happened,except for the fact that the shooter was hopped up on bath salts.he is where he needs to be,for a long time,at least we here in glasgow hope so anyway!get well soon and hurry back officer smith.glasgow needs you!
Amen!
WTFE

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 10, 2012
 
Glasgow is going to be just fine without Officer Smith. Can we please stop putting this man on a pedestal? He says he's ready to put this past him well frankly so are we. I don't see any other cop that's been injured in the line of duty plastered all over the TV every month. I'm sick of hearing about him. This town is better off with EVERYONE that was involved that night gone! So thank you Officer Smith for your time but your services are no longer needed in Glasgow. We all wish you well.
hawaii five 0

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 10, 2012
 
WTFE wrote:
Glasgow is going to be just fine without Officer Smith. Can we please stop putting this man on a pedestal? He says he's ready to put this past him well frankly so are we. I don't see any other cop that's been injured in the line of duty plastered all over the TV every month. I'm sick of hearing about him. This town is better off with EVERYONE that was involved that night gone! So thank you Officer Smith for your time but your services are no longer needed in Glasgow. We all wish you well.
Well i dont even really know officer Smith but I can say all he was doing that night was his job! And do you really want to say "everybody" involved that night?? That would be KCSD. Wv State Police. KCEAA. CGVFD. ypu know, all the people that serve and protect YOU..... You guys act like Glasgow should have nothing but the best of the best. Well i live in Glasgow and for those who dont know, it is a wealthy town but it pays the least of all towns and cities to its police officers in this valley.
hawaii five 0

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 10, 2012
 
Heres a thought. If everyone wants better police protection, then maybe we should petition the town to pay better wages to its officials
hatfield

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 10, 2012
 
WTFE,he must be on to you huh?got you worried does he?HURRY back offier Smith,there's more trash to clean up in Glasgow!!!!!
ahole

Kimberly, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 10, 2012
 
WTFE wrote:
Glasgow is going to be just fine without Officer Smith. Can we please stop putting this man on a pedestal? He says he's ready to put this past him well frankly so are we. I don't see any other cop that's been injured in the line of duty plastered all over the TV every month. I'm sick of hearing about him. This town is better off with EVERYONE that was involved that night gone! So thank you Officer Smith for your time but your services are no longer needed in Glasgow. We all wish you well.
You sir are a douche. Pedestal, I'm sorry he was willing to give his life for others, just like most of the other Officers and almost did. How about you go jump off a bridge somewhere your services and opinions are not wanted or needed
more

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 10, 2012
 
Oh so it's ok that a criminal who committed a robbery, fled from the law, shot at the officers, put civilian lives in danger got a settlement for over a half of a million dollars because he said when the officers returned fire the used excessive force? Get over it life is not fair! Move on!
TRUTH

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 11, 2012
 
more wrote:
Oh so it's ok that a criminal who committed a robbery, fled from the law, shot at the officers, put civilian lives in danger got a settlement for over a half of a million dollars because he said when the officers returned fire the used excessive force? Get over it life is not fair! Move on!
Do you even know what you are talking about? The man at Glasgow called 911 because he was being robbed...he did not flee from his house...and what settlement are you talking about? He has gotten nothing!!!!
hawaii five 0

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 11, 2012
 
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know what you are talking about? The man at Glasgow called 911 because he was being robbed...he did not flee from his house...and what settlement are you talking about? He has gotten nothing!!!!
I was wondering the same thing!! However, just to clear things up, the suspect did call and reported being robbed but it was found that he in fact was not
WTFE

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ok so just to clear this up, I have lived in Glasgow for almost 30 years and I have seen alot of police men come and go and I have all the respect in the world for most law enforcement. I, however, do not have any respect for Officer Smith and I don't want him back in my town. No he's not on to me for anything. I have never been in trouble with the law. I don't do drugs or sell drugs or even drink for that matter. I work my ass off every day and I raise my kids. I am not some crack head living on welfare like most in this area; so my opinion, while obviously not liked, has been earned. I would just like to see our town and everyone that has been hurt by this event be able to move on, without Nickey Smith, Officer Smith or Officer Roop. Maybe I'm just too close to the situation to see things like everyone else. Sorry guys, it was just my opinion on this situation and on these 3 men in particular. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr bacon hater 57,003
home less issha martin 7 hr LaLaLaLa 5
bobbie tucker 8 hr Bobbie tucker 8
wondering 11 hr whatever 2
Buddy 13 hr Amused 97
People Can't Sleep at NIGHT 17 hr night shift 20
Not Franks 22 hr Yuck 31
•••
•••
•••

Glasgow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Glasgow News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glasgow
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••