Dripto

Brooklyn, NY

#98 Jul 10, 2012
Small basic college. A few fake people, but that's everywhere in all schools
molley

Charleston, WV

#99 Jul 11, 2012
KellyD wrote:
What about the business program? This a good program? Which professors are good as which should be avoided? Do the graduates leave with good careers?
the business program is good, Tammy Dearing is the best thing in that program and she will bend over backwards if u bend too, but she will flunk your ass if you don't make an effort. She is not a fake, and she is down to earth, the bad thing about her is everyone loves her so she is mighty busy. Yes the graduates from business leave with good jobs, but now the health mayb or mayb not
StrawberryPie

New York, NY

#100 Jul 11, 2012
molley wrote:
<quoted text>the business program is good, Tammy Dearing is the best thing in that program and she will bend over backwards if u bend too, but she will flunk your ass if you don't make an effort. She is not a fake, and she is down to earth, the bad thing about her is everyone loves her so she is mighty busy. Yes the graduates from business leave with good jobs, but now the health mayb or mayb not
I must agree! Mrs Dearing is very intelligent, a good teacher, and is very relatable. She does not put on a bogus front, no matter who is in the room.
Karen

Charleston, WV

#101 Jul 11, 2012
Theoderick wrote:
I know Mrs Fox and she really isn't that bad as people are writing here. Dr Mallory is a little out of touch with reality, but that is because she has yet to be exposed to what is actually happening in the world of education. A doctor of education without proper teaching experience won't cut it. She seems to be able to make the oddest decisions that aren't the correct ones, and yes she does switch into pompous mode quite often, but she's still trying to adjust to being an administrator. Unfortunately her decisions and actions decredits her validity along the way. A with Pam Lopez, she is indeed a sweet lady and ready to help students as much as she can. The ladies in the admissions office are also ready to help out all students who walk in. I'd like to also praise Georgie Ferrell, Bridgemont is blessed to have her and I hope they don't run her off. As for the nice dark haired guy, unfortunately they did not hire him back on for next year. Whoever made that decision was dumb indeed. Another person I'd like to credit is Jeannie Smith! If she can't answer your questions, she knows exactly who to ask! She's your one-stop shop for any questions and problems! She is definitely very valuable to the college and I know Dr Harris seems she had a valuable gem in her possession with Ms Smith!
Your dark haired guy is Mr Cheek!!! Are you serious about him not being there??? Then that's awful!!! I'm not coming to Bridgemont! I love that guy!
Karen

Charleston, WV

#102 Jul 11, 2012
OMG its so apparent!!! Bridgemont is racist! They have will Mr Cheek because he's not white! That showes you. Be black or hispanic, then Bridgemont will take u because they have to, but they wont like you!!
Karen

Charleston, WV

#103 Jul 11, 2012
OK I miswrote, but I meant to say that they let Mr. Cheek go because he's not white!
Kev

Charleston, WV

#104 Jul 12, 2012
Betcha1 wrote:
TO: CalmDown
Dr. Mallory is a work-in-progress. Calm down and get off your high horse, and be patient while Dr. Harris performs her duties with Dr. Mallory at her side.
WOW!!! Aren't you a stupid gal lol It seems like you are one of the blind staff members who fully support stupid people :) Well gal, so ahead, keep thinking like you do. I know thats as far as you are getting in life :)
harvy

Charleston, WV

#105 Jul 12, 2012
I'm going to register again today. Apparently my classes were changed on me
Yasin

Charleston, WV

#106 Jul 12, 2012
I want to pursue Civil Engineering at either WVU Tech or Bridgemont. Which is better, or are these two completely different programs and cannot compare the two?
Derrek

Charleston, WV

#107 Jul 12, 2012
Yasin wrote:
I want to pursue Civil Engineering at either WVU Tech or Bridgemont. Which is better, or are these two completely different programs and cannot compare the two?
Those are two complete different programs. Both are great, but it's according to your career objectives.
mik

New York, NY

#108 Jul 12, 2012
Betcha1 wrote:
TO: CalmDown

Dr. Mallory is a work-in-progress. Calm down and get off your high horse, and be patient while Dr. Harris performs her duties with Dr. Mallory at her side.
I fail to see any progress with that woman. More like a regress, or a digress. Certainly not progress. lol I remember her back when she was a teacher and not in the position she has now.
carl

New York, NY

#109 Jul 12, 2012
Is it too late to sign up?
Deveraux

New York, NY

#110 Jul 13, 2012
CalmDown wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Dr Mallory can be arrogant and make dumb decisions. I'm surprised Dr Harris keeps her at her side.
Yeah, she's a loose canon
former employee

Charleston, WV

#111 Jul 14, 2012
If you could keep certain people off Facebook when they are suppose to be working more would get done. Some of the so called Adm. Asst. should retire. I believe they are keeping them around just because. The state really should investigate their employees Facebook posting and if they are at work then this is going on they should have to pay the state back money for when they were posting to Facebook. When should the taxpayers have to pay the employees to be on Facebook all day playing games. That is why I quit, back stabbing and trouble with office workers. Some may seem sweet but they are not! I love my new job at Marshall University!
Brie

Williamson, WV

#112 Jul 14, 2012
Deveraux wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, she's a loose canon
She came and spoke to us in one of our classes. It was awesome watching her stutter as students laid it to her. She is too transparent and obviously has no clue who we are as students. I heard she used to be a dental instructor. Ok, so those students are the honor, top level students. How does this woman think she can relate to the rest of us who aren't? She definitely needs some schooling on how to communicate with students and not appear fake. She could not control a group of college adults! I couldn't imagine her trying to actually teach that class all semester lol We could have chewed her up and spit her out lol Oh the students she has ran off. Bad for Bridgemont publicity.
steve

New York, NY

#113 Jul 15, 2012
Brie wrote:
<quoted text>She came and spoke to us in one of our classes. It was awesome watching her stutter as students laid it to her. She is too transparent and obviously has no clue who we are as students. I heard she used to be a dental instructor. Ok, so those students are the honor, top level students. How does this woman think she can relate to the rest of us who aren't? She definitely needs some schooling on how to communicate with students and not appear fake. She could not control a group of college adults! I couldn't imagine her trying to actually teach that class all semester lol We could have chewed her up and spit her out lol Oh the students she has ran off. Bad for Bridgemont publicity.
Yeah we laughed when we heard about that lol
helda

New York, NY

#114 Jul 16, 2012
Yes I concur with an earlier post that Connie Fox is useless. They just can't get rid of her
former student

Charleston, WV

#115 Jul 16, 2012
Connie Fox was one of the best instructors at Bridgemont. She knows and relays her materials well. Always anxious to help.

She has been an asset to that college for many years.
Another Former Student

Charleston, WV

#116 Jul 16, 2012
former student wrote:
Connie Fox was one of the best instructors at Bridgemont. She knows and relays her materials well. Always anxious to help.
She has been an asset to that college for many years.
y

Who are you trying to kid? She knows the material, but does not present it very well. I got an A in her classes, but that's just from doing her assignments and studying. Have I used anything she taught? Very little on the job. I did learn how to conjugate a verb, and my how that was helpful in the business world! I learned all the business and career related items when I finished my BA. Now, the classes I took under Tammy Dearing have been VERY beneficial in my career! She uses applicable methods to using the material in the workforce, not a textbook definition of everything.

I'm sure Connie has been an asset in many way to the college, but those must be assets that only the college knows about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Marijuana The "Gateway" Drug? (Jun '13) 16 min Paul Masley 28
Missing him (May '13) 32 min M&M 22
pratt police (Feb '10) 33 min makpha 17
el jalisco 34 min take out king. 4
Ghost hunting 36 min i dont know 9
Manley dies 37 min ghosts 3
drug test all glasgow works (May '12) 45 min your ridiculous 26
Glasgow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web