pissed off

Ridgeview, WV

#1 Aug 26, 2012
dont no bout anybody else but i would just as soon cut the grass and clean off the marker myself as to have an inconsiderate ass wipe do it and destroy what i put there.they have no respect!!!!!every time we go there,the marker is covered with grass and the flowers and lights are destroyed and strung all over the place,lazy worthless bastards.quit gettin high long enough to do it right or just just leave it the @uck alone!!!!maybe some supervision would help!!!!!!!!!!
pissed off

Ridgeview, WV

#2 Aug 26, 2012
comments welcome,lets see how many people have a negative comment and how many have a positive one,and see which has more,this place is the most disrespectful ive ever seen!
1 post removed
stoners

Canton, OH

#4 Aug 29, 2012
I hear they are dealing drugs up there...........
pissed off

East Bank, WV

#5 Aug 29, 2012
if they are,the cops must be in on itcause glasgow pd is constantly around there somewhere,and i don't think the ones i know would tolerate that.glasgow has got their shit together as far as the cops,finally.ecept that we here in town are still wanting steve smith back
pedro

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 29, 2012
pissed off wrote:
if they are,the cops must be in on itcause glasgow pd is constantly around there somewhere,and i don't think the ones i know would tolerate that.glasgow has got their shit together as far as the cops,finally.ecept that we here in town are still wanting steve smith back
are you high????? "glasgow has their shit together" that is the most ignorant statment that i have read on topix.....
pissed off

East Bank, WV

#7 Aug 29, 2012
you are the ignorant one peedro,glasgow cops are the best thats been here in a while.and if you dont think they have their shit together,just go to the sewer plant and look.all the shit is in one big square container,not a leak one,people actually walk around the streets after dark again,stand outside and talk to neighbors,can you do that where you live?or are you to high to notice?
BULL

Charleston, WV

#8 Aug 30, 2012
I have seen drug activity, reported it police show up...nothing gets done. and that when they actually show up and are around.
I agree

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 30, 2012
Bull I think you are so right about that..Gosh it's an all day and all night thing around here.
mawnpaw

Vinton, VA

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Who are some of the workers up there?
1 post removed
I Disagree

Salem, WV

#12 Sep 17, 2012
Okay, I didn't get on here to argue with anyone, but I will tell you that there are signs posted everywhere at the cemetary. They say not to put stuff on the grave sites during grass cutting season. For warning you that if there is shit there when they cut grass it may not be there afterwards. First of all they don't pay their workers enough, and second of all they are only allowed 3-4 people to work outside. Do you think they have the time to walk to every single grave site and pick up every single light or flower? NO. I understand that you want your loved ones to have a beautiful gravesite, but I also want a million dollars.. things don't always work your way. That cemetary is a nice place it is very beautiful. Also I know people bitch about the roads being bad up there and that is also not their fault. They aren't the ones that fix it, if you want that fixed you'll have to tell the office. They hire someone else to do that job. They are just tight wads and don't want to pay to have it done. I was a volunteer that helped during Memorial Day Weekend and there were a few people that made themselves look like idiots and should be ashamed of theirselves. They came up to me and acted like they had no sense. Screaming about some stupid bench that wasn't put in right or something and that lady is lucky I didn't knock her teeth down her throat. I told her ma'am I am sorry I don't work here you will have to go to the office and she screamed at me and said I AINT GOING TO THE FUCKING OFFICE, THEY CAN COME TO ME! I hope you feel like a moron acting that way, your a grown ass woman. Honestly if someone bitched at me and acted that way I would'nt fix a damn thing for anyone of them. These men have deadlines to meet for other things, they need more staff! They have pre sets to do and not just a few more like hundreds and with 3 men it's kind of hard to cut grass to your liking, pick up ignorant peoples trash, bury people, etc. There is more to it than what you think. You can have your opinion and I can have mine...
So sad

Ardsley, NY

#13 Sep 17, 2012
People put those items because they miss and are still grieving of their loved ones they've lost. The workers could show a lil respect it doesn't take but a few seconds to remove the flowers them put them back after they're done cutting at that grave site!!!
I Disagree

Salem, WV

#14 Sep 17, 2012
Well I understand because I have family there but, no it does take more than a few seconds. Especially when there are thousands of deceased ppl that you have to do that for. They get bitched at if the grass isn't cut in a timely manner. I'd love to see some of you ppl on that bank by the road trying to weed eat on your stomachs. It's not an easy job. Those were always the rules if they didn't like it, they didn't have to be buried there. My boyfriend used to work there every summer and even had full time position there not too long ago. That cemetary has looked the best it has been for a while. Has anyone taken a look at London Cemetary?! It could be worse. You just have to look at it from everyone's point of view from the workers to the families. Have you all ever picked up a weed eater and accidentally hit something with the head? It's not as easy as it sounds. The graves are so close to eachother that it's hard to miss some things. They want new stones put in on graves in the middle of the sections and those weighs thousands of pounds. But when they use a machine to put it there because they cannot lift them and it puts tire marks on the ground ppl want to bitch too. It doesn't matter what those men do, someone's not going to be happy. I don't think a thread on topix is going to help the matter.
I Agree

Charleston, WV

#15 Sep 18, 2012
I have called the parent company about the roads and nothing has been done. For what they charge to open and close a grave surely they can afford to fix the pot holes even if they can't pave the entire complex,
I Disagree

Salem, WV

#16 Sep 18, 2012
StoneMor is their company name if that helps anyone..
I Agree

Charleston, WV

#17 Sep 19, 2012
Stonemor phone number is listed above in my previos post near the top. Please call and see if we can at least get them to fix the road.
1 post removed
wow

Roanoke, VA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
I don't recall you volunteering at the grave yard for memorial service Jessica. I think you are just taking up for Keith, though noone bad mouthed Keith. You don't have to lie about volunteering though, that is quite crazy and uncalled-for. Only time you ever wnt to the grave yard was to see Keith or do your drugs. And yes i agree that they should respect our families graves and put back anything they mess up. I do agree that it does look better than it has in the past 30 years (minus all the potholes and needles at the mousseline) But the workers could do better and also could respect the dead. Don't take up for someone just because you was dating him. We are trying to better the grave yard and have our loved ones respected and taken care of. God bless and hope we conquer our problem.
lmao

Salem, WV

#20 Feb 11, 2013
lmao that was not jessica
Just Me

Charleston, WV

#21 Feb 28, 2013
What about the old Stockton - Norton Cemetery on the hill at Spot Hollow. Did the people buried there ever think it would end up being a fenced in jungle???

I tried making it look like a cemetery for awhile, but gave up when someone else decided to hang a swing on one of the trees and found an empty beer can which forgot who last held it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Peggy 4,256
Samantha Lowe-good or bad?!? (Jan '17) 3 hr Nearly 13
does anyone know basil hudnall? 21 hr Just peachy 6
Sherry Johnson peters (Jan '17) Mon boogieman 6
Hunter Blankenship Sun Alien 2
organ harvesting stay alert Sat crackfox99 2
Riverside Football Sep 23 larry 4

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance