Pj's cosmetology...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whitney

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 9, 2010
Is pj's a good school to go to? I've researched average salaries of cosmetologists working and i've come up with 40,000 yearly, is that the average salary of a cosmetologist working in glasgow?

Thanks..
Dear Abby

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 9, 2010
I would think 20,000 would be more accurate.
not worth it

Horse Cave, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2010
I was seriously attempting to start a new career in cosmetology. Certainly there are the few fortunate souls who score a high profile job earning an upwards of 40k annually all though that is not common (ESPECIALLY IN THIS AREA!).
Talk to stylists in our town. Most are earning minimum wage plus tips. It is difficult to get your clientel built up. Until you have an adequate client base and a shop in which you rent your own booth you will be left with the hoards of graduates who are either vyeing to be servicing at Cost Cotters, Great Clips, etc.

The cost to enroll in PJs, even after grants, etc, is certainly over inflated considering the amount of effort, services and time sacrificed.
I have spoken to several new grads and others in the styling business, it is VERY difficult to make it.

I decided my future would be better invested with the assurity of a lucrative career.

Since: Jan 10

Lexington, KY

#4 Jan 9, 2010
The thing about cosmetology, you get out of it what you put into it. If you want to know how much can be made in this business, talk to cosmetologist that are proud to be doing this kind of work and are dedicated to there career. Think about it how much do you pay for a perm or a hair cut....how many can you do in an eight hour day? The ones that don't want to work and do hair are not going to be in the shop as much as the ones who do. I personally know a lady who can make $30 an hour and not break a sweat....I think thats pretty good money for this area...you can make more in larger citys....go to a cosmetology school and talk to a rep and make your choice then
whoops

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 9, 2010
PJ's is too high cost wise for the type education you get there. And you talk about drama city and the picks as to how you get treated it is unreal.I would advise to find a good school and steer clear of this wannabe outfit.
Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 9, 2010
pj's has poor management and the level of education you will recieve there is lacking. good luck to you if this is the career path you want.
i attended that school

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jan 9, 2010
I attended P.J's and the school seriously is awful. I agree with previous statments that the price is overpriced. The teachers don't know what they are doing. Many of other graduates from there agree that they knew just as much when they graduated as when they first started. The main lady Ms. Lousie is full of herself and rude, she has her picks and treats the students like crap. The also try to cheat you not only out of money but out of your kits. I was extremely shorted on my kit. It is supposed to come with sissors, blow dryer, curling iron, trimmers, clippers and so on. Mine was missing the dryer the trimmers and all of my perm rods. These things were supposed to be included but were not. I ended up purchasing them myself. On top of that I had recived a scholarship and it wasn't applied to my account when I asked Josh (Ms. Louise's son who works there) about it after I recieved a letter saying that I got the scholarship. He denied that I got one, I had to fight for months to get that money credited to my account. One of my friends had her balance paid off and Josh told her she still owed $900 and of course she hadn't kept her reciepts so she had to pay that money even though it had already been paid. Any way I guess you can tell I really hated that school.
Cosmetology is a great carrer, I make a decent salary, and I am very happy with what I do. I just don't reccomend that school.

Good luck, and God bless.
Papa Pimp

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2010
Lot more money in pole dancing.
Come on down to our school at Papas.
When can show you how you can clear $5 on on 5 minute couch dance, that figures to $60hr. OH YEAH.
ME TOO

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jan 12, 2010
i attended that school wrote:
I attended P.J's and the school seriously is awful. I agree with previous statments that the price is overpriced. The teachers don't know what they are doing. Many of other graduates from there agree that they knew just as much when they graduated as when they first started. The main lady Ms. Lousie is full of herself and rude, she has her picks and treats the students like crap. The also try to cheat you not only out of money but out of your kits. I was extremely shorted on my kit. It is supposed to come with sissors, blow dryer, curling iron, trimmers, clippers and so on. Mine was missing the dryer the trimmers and all of my perm rods. These things were supposed to be included but were not. I ended up purchasing them myself. On top of that I had recived a scholarship and it wasn't applied to my account when I asked Josh (Ms. Louise's son who works there) about it after I recieved a letter saying that I got the scholarship. He denied that I got one, I had to fight for months to get that money credited to my account. One of my friends had her balance paid off and Josh told her she still owed $900 and of course she hadn't kept her reciepts so she had to pay that money even though it had already been paid. Any way I guess you can tell I really hated that school.
Cosmetology is a great carrer, I make a decent salary, and I am very happy with what I do. I just don't reccomend that school.
Good luck, and God bless.
i agree with you. i think that they should shut that place down.
pjs

Edmonton, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2010
sucks
former student

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2015
PJS is a joke. Half the time they don't know what the hell they are doing and it is filthy and just horrible. You could learn more watching YouTube videos. Worst beauty school
lol

United States

#12 Jul 23, 2015
former student wrote:
PJS is a joke. Half the time they don't know what the hell they are doing and it is filthy and just horrible. You could learn more watching YouTube videos. Worst beauty school
Says the whiney customer from the other thread who didn't get enough sympathetic reaction there so had to dredge this old thread up.
former student

United States

#13 Jul 24, 2015
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the whiney customer from the other thread who didn't get enough sympathetic reaction there so had to dredge this old thread up.
Umm if you couldn't see correctly my name is former student. Therefore I was a student. Not a customer, idiot lol and no I'm just speaking the truth. Its a s***hole and white trash, just like you :)
lol

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2015
former student wrote:
<quoted text>Umm if you couldn't see correctly my name is former student. Therefore I was a student. Not a customer, idiot lol and no I'm just speaking the truth. Its a s***hole and white trash, just like you :)
You can say anything you want on here and claim it's true. Doesn't make your lies any more true. Why else would you suddenly dig up a thread that's been inactive for FIVE YEARS to make your comment when there is a much more recent thread. That, plus you called me the exact same 2 names you called me on the other thread using your first fake name. Coincidence? I think not! Admit it - you are caught. To deny it makes you look even more the idiot.
former student

United States

#15 Jul 29, 2015
Hahaha how am I "caught" with anything. Your are truly an idiot lol. Everything I said about that place is true. its a fact so your just going to have to get over it sweetie lol. Thanks :D
lol

United States

#16 Jul 29, 2015
former student wrote:
Hahaha how am I "caught" with anything. Your are truly an idiot lol. Everything I said about that place is true. its a fact so your just going to have to get over it sweetie lol. Thanks :D
Explained above how you were "caught". That you can't comprehend what I wrote is due to your level of intelligence and not anything I wrote.
Smart girl

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2015
Pjs is a joke. The director or none of them give a rats ass about the students unless it benefits them! I don't recommend it to a dog. Their ways of teaching is wrong and they love love money
Beenthere

Horse Cave, KY

#18 Sep 29, 2015
They are telling the truth!
old customer

Glasgow, KY

#19 Sep 30, 2015
I used to go there several years ago when they were on the square .
I quit going cause that place acted as if they did not care if they got you waited on or not
also they would never have enough in there working they was out back smoking and goofing off
I have been to where they are now 1 time and nothing has changed so I have not been back.
If you wanna go to school and learn you better not pick this one
also 99% can't wait for you to leave so they can talk about you
far far far from PROFESSIONAL
why they got a man answering the phone , making appointments and handling money is beyond me I have never understood that at all ??????
Former Student

United States

#20 Sep 30, 2015
old customer wrote:
I used to go there several years ago when they were on the square .
I quit going cause that place acted as if they did not care if they got you waited on or not
also they would never have enough in there working they was out back smoking and goofing off
I have been to where they are now 1 time and nothing has changed so I have not been back.
If you wanna go to school and learn you better not pick this one
also 99% can't wait for you to leave so they can talk about you
far far far from PROFESSIONAL
why they got a man answering the phone , making appointments and handling money is beyond me I have never understood that at all ??????
The man (Josh) is the directors son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara Crumpton where is she? 59 min Looking 1
Fire pit spirits 1 hr Grow Up 47
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Blacklagoon 164,663
Any women looking for a suger daddy (Nov '15) 2 hr Jjj 13
facebook messanger 4 hr wrong 10
sheriff david clarke the house kneegrow 4 hr You Gotta Make Do 9
lol 9 hr nasty 2

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages