First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wonder

Tucker, GA

#1 Feb 12, 2013
is the plaza ever going to do things other than local yokel music concerts anymore? used to do a variety, like comedians, family shows and big name acts. what happened?
Lost

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Dunno. It's like that failed Music Room Cafe at George J's - just a bigger stage and more seats.
Do they

Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Do they even have a "season" any more? Season subscriptions?
local reader

Glasgow, KY

#5 Feb 17, 2013
According to this weeks GDT story, they have lots more important problems to fix than doing shows.
Think of this

Franklin, KY

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Lost wrote:
Dunno. It's like that failed Music Room Cafe at George J's - just a bigger stage and more seats.
George J's ran out when hiring bands for the door went south. The menu in that place was a joke. Who would have expected it to last as long as it did?
hun

Glasgow, KY

#7 Feb 17, 2013
local reader wrote:
According to this weeks GDT story, they have lots more important problems to fix than doing shows.
What story? I didn't see anything in the paper on the plaza at all last week.
Jerry

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2013
The new theater in bowling green has killed any chance of the plaza getting another b level celebrity. Who did they have?
Wow

Apopka, FL

#9 Feb 17, 2013
Jerry wrote:
The new theater in bowling green has killed any chance of the plaza getting another b level celebrity. Who did they have?
Not at all. Entertainers will play for whomever pays them, be it a theater in Glasgow or a theater in Bowling Green. They don't care about geography or how new/nice the venue is -- they care about economics (their own!).

See next post re: main reason Plaza doesn't have a season currently scheduled.
Wow

Apopka, FL

#10 Feb 17, 2013
wonder wrote:
is the plaza ever going to do things other than local yokel music concerts anymore? used to do a variety, like comedians, family shows and big name acts. what happened?
First, the city will have to hire a new director -- that's who schedules those things. It will have to be someone who has some experience and knows about contracts, riders, technical, etc.

Steve Jones may not have been the easiest guy in the world with whom to get along, but he knew a thing or two about how to run a theater & recruit/contract entertainment.

Without an experienced director, the Plaza's going to go to waste.
Former Customer

Glasgow, KY

#11 Feb 17, 2013
Nothing more now than local stage, poor management, GET NAME ACTS, they've come before and seems like they would again if the place was being run PROFESSIONALLY. Steve Jones and Anthony Kenney knew there business a nd ran a good operation. Be a shame watching it being wore down with simply local shows, need some local to balance but GET SOME RECOGNIZEABLE NAMES back in here.
JOHN ANDERSON
MARTY STUART
B.J. THOMAS
LORRIE MORGAN
PATTY LOVELESS
RONNIE MC DOWELL
Even SCOOTT'S CITY LIMITS in little ole Edmonton can get Ronnie, Michael Twitty and other names. BOOST THE PLAZA UP and LET IT SHINE LIKE THE JEWEL THAT IT IS!!!!!!
Who then

Glasgow, KY

#12 Feb 17, 2013
Jones left and now some woman named Bill Green is the "administrative assistant". There is no "Theatre Manager" or "Executive Director". By title alone, she obviously isn't running the place and making the *big* decisions. I wonder who is? Who is the "administration" that she is an "assistant" to? Also, with Kenney gone, who does their tech work now?
Former Customer wrote:
Nothing more now than local stage, poor management, GET NAME ACTS, they've come before and seems like they would again if the place was being run PROFESSIONALLY. Steve Jones and Anthony Kenney knew there business a nd ran a good operation. Be a shame watching it being wore down with simply local shows, need some local to balance but GET SOME RECOGNIZEABLE NAMES back in here.
JOHN ANDERSON
MARTY STUART
B.J. THOMAS
LORRIE MORGAN
PATTY LOVELESS
RONNIE MC DOWELL
Even SCOOTT'S CITY LIMITS in little ole Edmonton can get Ronnie, Michael Twitty and other names. BOOST THE PLAZA UP and LET IT SHINE LIKE THE JEWEL THAT IT IS!!!!!!
a reader

Glasgow, KY

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Let's not be knocking local talent. There is a place for them too. I agree it is good to be bringing in others. Surely we can do both. The Plaza belongs to all of us.
Yes

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Didn't they have the teacher from problem child?
whatya

Glasgow, KY

#15 Feb 18, 2013
Yes wrote:
Didn't they have the teacher from problem child?
Huh?
former ticket holder

Glasgow, KY

#16 Feb 18, 2013
The Plaza is a joke. Jennifer Moonsong is all about herself. The mayor doesn't know how to run anything. I hope it closes soon. Bowling Green SkyPac is where the stars want to go. The Plaza is toast. Hated Steve Jones but he knew how to book talent. Whip is up a meal Jennifer. That seems to be the only action at the Plaza is you staying down there all day cooking and the Police Chief sampling it.
grind

Glasgow, KY

#17 Feb 18, 2013
former ticket holder wrote:
The Plaza is a joke. Jennifer Moonsong is all about herself. The mayor doesn't know how to run anything. I hope it closes soon. Bowling Green SkyPac is where the stars want to go. The Plaza is toast. Hated Steve Jones but he knew how to book talent. Whip is up a meal Jennifer. That seems to be the only action at the Plaza is you staying down there all day cooking and the Police Chief sampling it.
Sounds like you have an axe to grind with everyone involved with the Plaza and the city. I'm betting Moonsong and Jones don't have a high opinion of you either. Makes me wonder if the problem you have with all these people you name is real or you are just a piece of sh*t that can't get along with anyone. Definitely a whiner for sure.
former ticket holder

Glasgow, KY

#18 Feb 18, 2013
grind wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you have an axe to grind with everyone involved with the Plaza and the city. I'm betting Moonsong and Jones don't have a high opinion of you either. Makes me wonder if the problem you have with all these people you name is real or you are just a piece of sh*t that can't get along with anyone. Definitely a whiner for sure.
Jones ran the Plaza better than anyone did. He was not nice but he got results. All the Plaza is now is a hangout for Moonsong. She has ran it into the ground. Before you grind on me check somethings out. The Plaza is in the red.
Seems to me

Glasgow, KY

#19 Feb 18, 2013
Seems to me that people didn't like Jones but thought he did a good job running the Plaza. I would always hire someone for being good at their job rather than being my "buddy". In my dealings with him people didn't like him because he held them accountable for the contracts they signed and he treated everyone equally and fairly. Just because you were one of the Glasgow "elite" you weren't given special treatment and were treated the same as Joe Schmoe. And I know several didn't like not getting their own set of special rules.

So hire someone competent or someone who can suck up? I'll always take the former. Leave the latter to public office.
dylanfan

Glasgow, KY

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Please get Bob Dylan to play the plaza. He tours for 8 months out of the year, every year since 1988.

Also, try to get Garth Hudson next time you guys do The Last Waltz tribute.
Terry

Tucker, GA

#21 Feb 18, 2013
The plaza has rats in the main auditorium, one crawled on us when we were there last time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Should have an allstar funeral for Charles ... 23 min Must be stopped 3
mason 25 min Must be stopped 13
The Tunnel at North Race 1 hr wyndmerely 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 169,995
Mark Johnson (aka officer) 3 hr Kimiham 1
Pauline's Brothel - Bowling Green KY (Oct '08) 3 hr e ballard 56
Meth heads of Glasgow 3 hr knowing all 5

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages