Just Because

Glasgow, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2011
Does anyone know anything about a suboxone clinic in Scottsville? I am told there is a dr there that helps people BUT I'm hearing that some of the people going there are selling their meds? I dont want that kind of place! Anyone know??
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#2 Aug 22, 2011
This is bad... REALLY BAD if its going on!! Just sayin'.
Chester

Glasgow, KY

#3 Aug 22, 2011
Just Because wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a suboxone clinic in Scottsville? I am told there is a dr there that helps people BUT I'm hearing that some of the people going there are selling their meds? I dont want that kind of place! Anyone know??
There is a Suboxone Clinic in Greensburg. I took a family member there and it all worked out well. I think the doctor's office was a Dr.Robert Shuffett.
opinion

Scottsville, KY

#4 Aug 22, 2011
Not to my knowledge. If it it is sold in Scottsville it is being done illegal. Heard of one in Bowling Green, and Nashville.
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#5 Aug 22, 2011
I found out the dctr is at scottsville medical center. Its one of the lady doctors. But Im not sure about what kind of ppl go or anything about selling it. I sure would not!
nurse

Glasgow, KY

#6 Aug 29, 2011
This is BS. These pills should be illegal. Why is it better to be hooked on one narcotic than another? People who take suboxone are still pillheads.
Idk

Horse Cave, KY

#7 Aug 30, 2011
I dont know about the saleing of pills. Or what suboxone is, but I do know if you need a pain clinic it doesn't matter which one you go to. They are always a few bad apples and some people that use them places for a scam and there is always a few who will sale their meds.. It happens you cant choose which one you go to on that because that happens at everyone of them. I do know the one in BG makes you take a drug test every month to make sure you are taking you meds..
customer

Glasgow, KY

#8 Aug 30, 2011
So they give you pills, you take some to pass the drug test and sell the rest.
Idk

Horse Cave, KY

#9 Aug 31, 2011
I dont know. I do know your levels have to be right. I dont know how that works though. And NO not me personally!
Idk

Horse Cave, KY

#10 Aug 31, 2011
Thats better than some clinics. I have heard some dont test you at all they just give pills..
REALLY

Glasgow, KY

#11 Sep 1, 2011
Idk wrote:
I dont know about the saleing of pills. Or what suboxone is, but I do know if you need a pain clinic it doesn't matter which one you go to. They are always a few bad apples and some people that use them places for a scam and there is always a few who will sale their meds.. It happens you cant choose which one you go to on that because that happens at everyone of them. I do know the one in BG makes you take a drug test every month to make sure you are taking you meds..
This shouldnt be used for pain management. It is for ppl who need help getting off of whatever they are addicted to. And it is short term only. Yes it has opiate in it but it has a medicine that blocks the receptors in your brain so you dont get any highs from it AT ALL!! So dont be getting any ideas ppl... you take it to help curb cravings and all the sickness you endure the first couple of months when you get clean and when youre likely to relapse. Its very helpful and has helped many ppl.

Others have there own agendas with it. Like everything else that is good=== we find a way to twist it, turn it, stomp it n whatever til it gets a bad name or we destroy it.

(pseudofed,rubbing alcohol, spray paint, etc...) yu get my pt
jesse james

Glasgow, KY

#14 Sep 3, 2011
sorry REALLY but you can get high off suboxone
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#15 Sep 4, 2011
nurse wrote:
This is BS. These pills should be illegal. Why is it better to be hooked on one narcotic than another? People who take suboxone are still pillheads.
I try real hard to leave people like you, the narrow-minded, alone. Right where you need to be. In this case, I think you along with some of the others just need the right information.

Suboxone is a very good medicine intended to help people who are in crisis. The suffering that goes with drug addiction and alcoholism is never ending recovery is life long. It is a blessing if you or any of your loved ones have never been affected by this disease. If you have not though, you have no idea how it can turn your life upside down. And yes, as an addict, I know I made those choices myself and have to live w/ the consequences. But, I did decide to get clean & sober. I am living a better life. It took several times trying to get clean. It is very difficult. Detoxing is even worse than they portray it on tv.

For some, quitting cold turkey is in their best interest. For others, help is needed. Medicine like Suboxone. When used correctly and in short term it keeps the body from going into shock and allows you to taper down while also getting alot of counseling. Which brings me to another point. It does depend on which dr you go to. I probally shouldn't knock other dr's but this isn't a game. This is peoples lives. So if you only see a dr once a month for this medicine. Thats not enough! You need weekly counseling and NA or AA.

Suboxone has a narcotic in it but has medicine to keep you from getting high on it. It also keeps you from getting high off of other medications. Yes, others have found ways to snort and shoot it I think but that is NOT the intended way.

It is unfortunate to see people bashing a medicine that has helped 1000's of people to restart their lives. Alot of addicts relapse in the first year due to terrible cravings and the difficulties they face of just coming clean. Alot of walls are coming down around them and their families and all involved need support.

Please. The next time you are thinking about Suboxone, you can consider it like any other prescription written for a disease. Just like heart disease, blood pressure, & diabetes all require meds. So does drug addiction & alcoholism until the dr see's fit.

T/U
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#16 Sep 4, 2011
jesse james wrote:
sorry REALLY but you can get high off suboxone
You can get high off of a marker and many other things. That doesnt mean every kid holding a marker is a pillhead!:[

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glasgow girls hoes or not? (Oct '10) 2 hr Bro i got cash 9
Alison Grimes 2 hr Go Girl 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr eebie 170,048
Manson Fan 3 hr Manson Fan 1
The Electric Plant Board needs new board members 3 hr CUSTOMER 4
rrd (Oct '13) 4 hr Ridin it out 6
Js 5 hr Noneye 1

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance