Barren Co Fall Formal
Student

Glasgow, KY

#42 Nov 26, 2008
and I'm sure your the one that has a kid that does a lot of shit you dont know about.
At least I'm honest with my parents.
Older Than Dirt

North Olmsted, OH

#43 Nov 26, 2008
just got to know wrote:
older than dirt.....my daughter was at fall formal...no idid not hear about any wrecks...as far as laying off the kids ...i said nothing disrespectful at all....an if i can ever talk my child out of any of this...i will...I DONT NEED YOUR APROVAL understand?
My niece was also there. She said there was no one drinking. No one smoking. Plenty of supervision. She came home afterwards too. You may not need my approval. But, you have no right to harp on this one kid that is posting either.
Student2

Glasgow, KY

#44 Nov 26, 2008
I think its stupid ya'll want to tell us its wrong to drink and stuff whenever you all did it when you were our age.
that girl

Glasgow, KY

#45 Nov 27, 2008
its stupid Parents are over reacting
R-U Serious

Glasgow, KY

#46 Nov 28, 2008
Student wrote:
I'm not saying crap on the internet about what I did if you want to know I'll tell you to your face but its not something that my parents don't already know.
I mean I'm grounded if that says anything.
But older than dirt is right there weren't any wrecks.
You really think it is something to brag about b/c there were no killings or wrecks?? PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE..... this includes students and adults!! It wasn't by skill or great intent that nothing bad happened. Everything was good & safe & all warm and cozy b/c you followed the rules. If you did something wrong (drinking,speeding,getting high,etc...) and everything was good then that was just pure luck!
Furthmore, this is how bad things happen. You get away with stuff so you do it again til one day a tragedy happens. See where I'm going with this?
I'm not saying all the kids are little party animals I just want your eyes open to horrible possibilities that are life altering. Making sure to get in "party time" during high school isn't going to make or break you.
ARE U STUPID

Horse Cave, KY

#47 Nov 28, 2008
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea im sure they have never done anything...
Care to share who your children are? Im sure there is more behind them than you realize.
It isent like it is a terrible thing, it is just bad to see parents think their kids are so perfect. You are just blinding yourself to reality which is not only hurting you but your kids.
Now why would I or any parent want to give our kids names so you can just speak bad about them.
There are GOOD kids out there or are you throwing stones because you was the bad one and got caught
Just a wondering

Horse Cave, KY

#48 Nov 28, 2008
what I know wrote:
And not that this has anything to do with the particular topic at hand, but I have also seen students smoking on school property. Down in the school parking lot. When I'm waiting in line to pick up my daughter. And I wonder to myself, how could the school miss this? And how much more do they miss? I know they can't be everywhere all the time. And their job is to teach not guard our children. But there should be at least TWO adult supervisors in the student parking lot each morning and each after noon. It was like that when I went to school. Two teachers each day would do sweeps, in the morning and in the afternoons. And different teachers would take turns with this. And I bet some of you parents reading this right now are saying well kids will be kids and you can't keep an eye on them all the time, or Well who cares if they smoke on school property? Well you should care because it may be a tiny rule but when you start letting your children then it is okay to break ANY rule thats when the trouble begins. Your not suppose to drink and drive right? But ah whats just one or two beers right? WRONG and thats why chlidren do the things they do sometimes. Because we as parents let them think its okay to break this little rule or that little rule. But then the little rules turn into big rules and where does it stop?
Good you are volunteering for the job as a monitor
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#49 Nov 29, 2008
Yes I certainly would take a few days and some time out of my busy schedule to be a monitor at the school. Yes mam or sir I SURE WOULD!
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#50 Nov 29, 2008
And just so some of these kids know there is a LOT of kids that don't feel the need to party. Yes they've probably tried a drink but as far as getting puking drunk on the weekend or getting high, well not all kids feel the need to do that sort of stuff. My husband has NEVER even tried pot. Yes I myself find it hard to believe that someone could have NEVER tried it, but there are people out there that haven't. My mother has only been drunk Once in her life and she too has never tried pot. And my father never tried pot. There is a LOT of people in this world whom DON'T feel the need to party or get their partying out or throw their lives away. And just because its harmless partying today doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. All actions render a consequence weather you know what it is or not. It may be that you get too comfortable with the party life and maybe your high school party days will keep you from EVER going to college. Because by that time you may be addicted and throw your life away. And those that are addicted don't say HEY I'm addicted, they always say, Not me man. Well guess what children you are NOT invincible. And fyi not all kids that DON'T get their partying out in high school go on to loose control in high school and flunk out. I mean by saying that if you don't party now you will flunk out of college is ignorant. Because wouldn't that mean that by partying NOW you are just as likely to flunk out of high school as you would be likely to flunk out of college by doing it now instead of waiting until then. But your going to say, "No I am smart about it, and my parents can trust me, and I am sensible, and I have control of my partying. Well then if at 16,17,18 (high school years) you are smart enough, and sensible enough, and trustworthy enough, and you have such control NOW then shouldn't you be able to have that same control, and sensibility, and trustworthiness when you are OF age and in college as you say you do know? So explain to me again how if you wait until your in college you will flunk out if you don't get your partying days out now? Because if you are so awesome that you can do it NOW and control it and graduate then you could wait until college and use the same common sense then that you claim to be using now, couldn't you? I know a kid back when we was kids that got all her partying out. She died two weeks BEFORE she ever got to start college. And no she wasn't driving drunk, but she was drunk enough to let people put her in the car with someone whom WAS driving under the influence. And she never made it to college or home that night for that matter. So you bull headed kids go on and do what your going to do. Because god knows it can't happen to you..right? And you might be right maybe it won't, but I'd be willing to bet that the set of good friends your running with well I bet you party long enough to get to see one of them die from it. Sometimes it isn't us thats affected directly but those we love that we get to watch die. Look around your school. Talk to people. From there now..and from years past, And I bet you can find at least TWO people that have lost someone due to partying or OTHER people partying. What about the innocent people on the other side of the road. And yes being high DOES impair your driving. And you go to jail for manslaughter just the same for being high as being drunk if you kill someone in a car accident.
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#51 Nov 29, 2008
And yes I'm sure a lot of us did do things we shouldn't have in high school. But is that to say you should follow in our footsteps? Hitler went around killing innocent people...oh well guess If I want to round up for or five THOUSAND jewish people and kill them well then that would be alright...RIGHT? Because someones ancestor done it. Or hey, how bout I get me some slaves to do my cooking and cleaning and odds in ends stuff, I mean its not like ALL slaves got killed or tortured so If I had a couple because my grandparents or your great great great grandparents did, then that would be ok...right? I mean to you see the idiocy in saying something like..."well I'm sure you all done it when you was our age? Well a lot of people in my time shot themselves playing rushin roulette..but hey not all of them did so you wanna try that? We all are suppose to strive to do better than the people before us. If our ancestors had the same ignorant attitude that you had about bad behavior well then this world would be even worse shape than what it already is now wouldn't it? And we sure wouldn't have a LOT of the things in this world that we do have today.
Student

Glasgow, KY

#52 Nov 29, 2008
You people get on here and contradict your self way to much.
You tell us its wrong to do what we do but yet when you were our age it was okay?
that's bullcrap if you ask me.
We live our own lifes so how about all ya'll just stop talking crap about it and live yours.
We can't live life and not make mistakes and if you think you're perfect you're wrong; You're pretty much going to hell if you believe that crap.
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#53 Nov 29, 2008
No body is perfect. But there is nothing wrong with striving each and everyday to be better. And I NEVER said it was OKAY to do what younger gernerations done. That was EXACTLY my point. Our ancestors done things that we consider bad that people today would never do because it was wrong yet those people back then did it. So is that saying that it would be okay for US to do it today just because they did it back then? No. And it wasn't okay for the older gerneration to drink or drug back in their day and it still isn't okay, and doesn't mean you should or CAN do it just because people before you were ignorant enough to do it. It's like child abuse. Its a cycle and it only takes one person to break the cycle. If your mom is a rip roaring alcoholic does that mean that it will be okay for you to grow up and be one? I'm just saying.
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#54 Nov 29, 2008
And you child are going to end up in jail, or a grave, or anywhere except for where you WANT to be with that know it all ignorant attitude that your holding on too. But hey what do us grown ups know anyway. Right? I wish you the best of luck in life and I will pray for you, as well as all of the other children out there who know so much.
what I know

Glasgow, KY

#55 Nov 29, 2008
And btw I don't think that there is anything wrong with the fall formal, for those children that don't abuse the privilege they are given. I think its a great way for our children to show just how beautiful they can be. And I DO know that there is a LOT of good children out there whom make wise decisions and just want to dance and have fun.
just here

Tompkinsville, KY

#56 Nov 29, 2008
student...we are trying to tell you ....yes some of us done things...that we now know is wrong....an i promise you that if you live long enough....an ever have children . that you love with all your heart....you will someday...be seeing things the same way as we are....so i dont know if i want to wish that you have to eat your words someday.but looking at the opp ..death..adiction..pregnt...YE S ...i hope you have to eat crow ps i promise your parents love you...an sometimes we do make mistakes
Student

Glasgow, KY

#57 Nov 29, 2008
Thats right thats why I can control myself when I go out and do what I want. Right?
What ya'll did when you were younger and what we do is our choice ya'll learned from your mistakes and we learn from ours. K.
and I know my parents love me haha why wouldn't they there my parents?
and I behaved myself at formal thank you very much; what i did after wasn't your concern it was my parents and believe me my mother was up and waiting.(:

Since: Aug 08

Glasgow

#58 Nov 30, 2008
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one up & waiting! Sometimes I think I'm too big of a worry wort but I remind myself it comes from a good place (my heart). Just remember that young men & women ... all this advise giving and stuff is just our way of trying to protect you. We know it is all about your choice...
inquiringmind

Glasgow, KY

#59 Nov 30, 2008
When is the Fall formal? Where is it held?
hmm

Glasgow, KY

#60 Nov 30, 2008
it was on Nov 22nd...and it is held at barren river lodge
haha

Glasgow, KY

#61 Nov 30, 2008
player wrote:
I am a member of the barren county girls basketball team and a friend to every girl on the team. i know for a fact that none of the players drank that night. In the past we have experienced players to do that sort of thing but we have all learned our lessons. So no need to start any rumors!
Not true i'm on the team and honestly I was completely drunk that night.. Sorry hope that doesn't affect my spot on the team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad wreck South Fork Road 31 min Saddened 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min Hebrew 148,953
Mikey cart pusher from walmart dies in wreck 36 min Saddened 2
drama queens 2 hr fyi COMMON SENSE 2
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 493
Word Association (Jun '08) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 5,289
Another Word Game. (Nov '08) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,515
barren county health care 3 hr 76 GRADUATE 24
Local Shooting 15 hr Duh 7
Who were the badest men in Glasgow the last fif... (Jun '12) Mon Rudy 284
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages