h & r block loan????
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wife

Glasgow, KY

#1 Nov 6, 2010
When is H&R BLOCK starting the holiday loan?
Simple Life

Glasgow, KY

#2 Nov 6, 2010
This post saddens me. I understand how people fall into the gift giving trap and can't break away from it. But it still makes me sad thinking people borrow money to give gifts which most people end up not wanting or using.
Wife

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 6, 2010
I guess in some ways youre right, but Im looking to get my transmission fixed! Sorry you really couldnt be a smartass! Good try though =)
LMAO

Vine Grove, KY

#4 Nov 6, 2010
Hell, when you get a EIC it's a gift from the taxpayers of up to $3,400 for what ?? for doing nothing but help prove the Darwin Theory.
Simple Life

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 6, 2010
If you aren't using it for Christmas gifts then you can be assured others are. I know I am not the only person who has rec'd gifts from people that I had no need for and I wish the people had spent their money on necessities for themselves. I don't need anything.
Funny

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Nov 7, 2010
LMAO wrote:
Hell, when you get a EIC it's a gift from the taxpayers of up to $3,400 for what ?? for doing nothing but help prove the Darwin Theory.
How am I getting a gift from you, last time i checked in order for me to file taxes i had to work too, which meant I paid taxes as well!!!!

And if i want to borrow money for my childs Christmas i will and quite frankly it is none of your business or concern

Also I am pretty sure that when everyone files taxes and they have children they get to claim them and use them as a tax credit.
canar

Glasgow, KY

#7 Nov 8, 2010
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I getting a gift from you, last time i checked in order for me to file taxes i had to work too, which meant I paid taxes as well!!!!
And if i want to borrow money for my childs Christmas i will and quite frankly it is none of your business or concern
Also I am pretty sure that when everyone files taxes and they have children they get to claim them and use them as a tax credit.
amen
Facts

Glasgow, KY

#8 Nov 9, 2010
The first week in december every year is when they start.Happy Holidays
Tax Man

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Nov 9, 2010
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I getting a gift from you, last time i checked in order for me to file taxes i had to work too, which meant I paid taxes as well!!!!
And if i want to borrow money for my childs Christmas i will and quite frankly it is none of your business or concern
Also I am pretty sure that when everyone files taxes and they have children they get to claim them and use them as a tax credit.
The last time I checked you had Taxes deducted from your pay check. When you file a 1040 you list your income and deductions. Chances are you're one of the 47% that get everything you paid in and then some. A family of 4 with kids, mortgage and normal deductions get everything given back to them with a income of $50,000. The EIC is a credit that is paid and could be more that the person paid in. It's can be more that $3,400 they are sent a check for.
james

United States

#10 Nov 17, 2010
Lol some of these comments r insane its gotta be the rich complaining. They r the ones who get everything given to them.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 17, 2010
LMAO wrote:
Hell, when you get a EIC it's a gift from the taxpayers of up to $3,400 for what ?? for doing nothing but help prove the Darwin Theory.
You should take your hatred for the working people who get these tax breaks to a web site where they are saying people did not get a tax break out of Bush...they are out there!
Resident

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2010
BUSH WAS DUMB wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take your hatred for the working people who get these tax breaks to a web site where they are saying people did not get a tax break out of Bush...they are out there!
The only dumb one was you when voted democrat

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 17, 2010
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The only dumb one was you when voted democrat
The only mad one was you when I voted democrat! I will again. Just better vote against me, and then that is all your doing.
hello

Horse Cave, KY

#14 Nov 18, 2010
some people have to borrow money to buy christmas for their kids not all people are rich.. Id rather borrow the money and buy my kids gifts than for them not to get anything.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15 Nov 19, 2010
hello wrote:
some people have to borrow money to buy christmas for their kids not all people are rich.. Id rather borrow the money and buy my kids gifts than for them not to get anything.
I agree with ya, do what you have to do, not what others think you should do.
Mom of 4

Norfolk, VA

#16 Nov 20, 2010
Lol, some people are petty (from reading earlier posta)...But for more serious matters, well not so serious:) Just to clear up a few things Earned Income credit Is a gift to working Americans who fall under a certain income for working, and Yes part of it does come from the taxes that people have paid who do not recieve a refund. It keeps the economy balanced. Whether you want to borrow it or not is up to you. If you really need it for an emergency hen go ahead because more han likely it is extra money that you wouldnt have had other wise that you'll be using to pay the fees, Or if you can wait and save just in case an emergency arises in the upcoming year :)
tony amadoor

Goodwater, AL

#18 Nov 20, 2010
Wife wrote:
I guess in some ways youre right, but Im looking to get my transmission fixed! Sorry you really couldnt be a smartass! Good try though =)
...what's the matter with your transmission, are you shiftless???...
Mom of 5

Purcell, OK

#19 Nov 27, 2010
I heard about this last year and am wanting to try this year. But I have read about and wondering if you can be turned down for the loan. I used h&r block last tax season an plan on using them again. But I read about people saying they got turned down. Now I'm worried

“ready for football”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#20 Nov 27, 2010
BUSH WAS DUMB wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take your hatred for the working people who get these tax breaks to a web site where they are saying people did not get a tax break out of Bush...they are out there!
I didn't get any tax cut from Bush and I didn't get any stimulus checks either.

“Turn it over and finish it off”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#21 Nov 28, 2010
Mom of 5 wrote:
I heard about this last year and am wanting to try this year. But I have read about and wondering if you can be turned down for the loan. I used h&r block last tax season an plan on using them again. But I read about people saying they got turned down. Now I'm worried
I guess it's just one of those things, you'll never know til you try... I got it last year, but, I have been with H&R Block for about 10 years now. Might as well try, all they can do is tell you "no". Good luck and hope you get it!! Happy Holidays to all:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malania Thump 9 min right 6
Vote For The Only Honest Candidate This Year! 14 min Julius the Jules 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min another viewer 149,566
Dump The Trump 2 hr Julius the Jules 211
How Do You Know... 4 hr Connie 4
The reason all the old posts are up front 5 hr right 2
Barren County WET????? 5 hr right 113

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages