Glasgow Daily Times VS The Barren Cou...

Glasgow Daily Times VS The Barren County Progress

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

Julius The Jules

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 14, 2013
So, there are two different newspapers for Barren County, but there are differences among them.

Take a look:

The Barren County Progress is the only locally owned newspaper in town, operated by Jeff Jobe. The Progress does have clear and concise articles, that effectively get the point across. But, it tends to be geared more towards our Conservative citizens, rather than covering everybody.

Then there is the fact that The Glasgow Daily Times isn't owned locally, with it's parent company being Community Newspaper Holdings Inc. But it is a very popular newspaper, that often features a wide range of local and also global news, something that's refreshing to see the people who really deserve recognition published in the newspaper!

So, who is better?

Glasgow Daily Times?

or

The Barren County Progress?

It's your decision.

~Julius The Jules -( http://juliusthejules.webs.com ).
wow

Glasgow, KY

#2 Feb 14, 2013
You need a life.
Julius The Jules

Glasgow, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2013
wow wrote:
You need a life.
You need to quit spamming this topic.

So, which newspaper "wow's" you? LOL!
Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2013
Both have the potential for being a great journalistic resource. I tend to read more complaints towards GDT compared to Jobe, but wonder if this is due to the frequency of publication instead of quality of content.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Courtney Smith really pregnant again? 19 min bob 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min ChromiuMan 166,377
ATTENTION on 8/20/17......... stand up 2 hr Multiple 11
13 year old girl dead?!?!?!?! 4 hr smh 2
Drunken fool on siddons rd 9 hr Multiple 2
Bobby Lawson 10 hr Sam 13
Reality show in Glasgow 14 hr Hugh Manatee 37

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages