Thinking about relocating from Jersey...

Thinking about relocating from Jersey to Glagow.

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eric

Highland Lakes, NJ

#1 Dec 19, 2012
I am born and raised in Jersey. My town Vernon is has declined in so many ways it is disgusting and I have two children 12 and three and would like to get them out of Jersey.
Bones

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Dec 19, 2012
Why would you come to Glasgow? Research other places give your family a fighting chance.
People watcher

Glasgow, KY

#3 Dec 19, 2012
I can understand leaving NJ but why are you looking at Glasgow? NOt that there is anything wrong with it, only curious as to why Glasgow appeals to you?
Eric

Highland Lakes, NJ

#4 Dec 19, 2012
I am looking to actually move to Bowling Green or any other surrounding towns but will most likley work in Bowling Green. New Jersey is expensive and the schools are less then desirable. The people are ruder than can be imagined. I have a smaller 1,200 sq ft home on a .25 acre and pay over $6,500 in taxes and it keeps going up. My father pays $15k. All this money and roads are riddled with pot holes. All my taxes go to pay for warefare and other lazy pigs that do not want to work.
Bones

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Just make sure you read some of these other posts on Topix. I bet jersey people don't have nothing on these people, talk about rude
Eric

Highland Lakes, NJ

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Go to vernon NJ topix and you will see that there is good and bad everywhere. However, keep in mind that our HS has at least two drug related deaths a year and almost daily arrests for drug use in my small town of 7,000. Anyhow, I have 20 years experence in manufacturing and NJ has very little manufacturing left. Last year my company got purchased and do not like the direction it is going in.
Bones

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Good luck finding a good place for you and your family.
People watcher

Glasgow, KY

#8 Dec 19, 2012
For the reasons you cite in wanting to leave NJ, you will find quite the opposite here. More laid back, people are friendly and help their neighbors, mainly a rural community in this area, relatively low crime, lower taxes. Now that said, you will be in culture shock for awhile. Things happen here about 20 years later than the rest of the country and people are slow to want to change and are quite judgmental. Some people here are down right backward. Major religion is protestant/ Many people here are anti other religions, anti gay, anti anyone who is different. You will either like it or hate it here. Bowling Green is much more 'metropolitan" than Glasgow. Personally, if I was going to work in BG, I will live there. I trust you will visit both places first before you decide.
farmer

Edmonton, KY

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Eric you will find there are pros and cons for every place you research. Glasgow is a decent place to raise kids as long as you continue to parent your kids. A few around here have decided to stop participating in their kids lives and those are the trouble makers. But that's every where. I moved here from living in Louisville all my life and it was like a time warp but a good time warp. I lay down at night and feel safe and I still feel free and those are things I didn't feel anymore while living in Louisville. If there are any gangs around here I've never heard about them or read anything about any gangs. I don't feel afraid getting out of my car in Walmarts parking lot at 2am and I find that my neighbors mind their own business as do I. I hope you find what you are looking for and if you decide to come to Glasgow let me be the first to welcome you. I do believe that looking for a better and safer life for your children is noble and I pray you find that for them. Good luck and God speed.
sunny

United States

#10 Dec 19, 2012
Are you crazy! Have you not.read what glasgow.is about in these forums! Really rethink that decision
loner

Glasgow, KY

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Despite some of the comments here on Topix, you'll find people "in the real world" here much more friendly and decent. The bad eggs only spout off on boards like this where they can hide behind a moniker. Some of us do it for privacy which is why I use a moniker - I'm just a very private person. I'm 53 and have lived here since I was 6 months old and I wouldn't live anyplace else. As someone else said, as long as you keep parenting your kids and look after them responsibly you'll have a great life here. Bowling Green would also be a good choice but it is a little bigger, but is also closer to better medical care. Just my opinion on the medical care.
eyes and ears of glasgow

Glasgow, KY

#12 Dec 20, 2012
sunny wrote:
Are you crazy! Have you not.read what glasgow.is about in these forums! Really rethink that decision
if you base any thing on these "forums"what a pathetic life you have!
they are just peoples thoughts,good,bad,funny,sarcas tic,some truth,some wrong, some blown way out of proportion, and so on.
take em with a grain of salt and go on.
and besides when you ask a question, you put a ? not a !
just sayin
sunny

United States

#13 Dec 20, 2012
You just said it darling! These forums are peoples thoughts good bad etc. All Glasgow consist of is drugs and the typical hey if your in our group well get ya a job! Glasgow is High School all over again! Its like a little cult of racists bigots! Dont get me wrong Barren River is beautiful but the people not so much! Not much supervision down here either so Good Luck not getting hit head on by a drunk driver coming from the mexican restaurant! The kids here are out of control they have no respect for authority! Glasgow is full of idiots! Ive lived here all my life and this town is sinking! SoYeah being here 46 yrs I think I can say it use yo be nice
awesome

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 20, 2012
Eric, As a transplant from California, and have settled to Glasgow I would NOT move your family here. I would definatly would go to Bowling Green or Franklin, KY. Glasgow is nothing but a sespool of inbread, rude people.
eyes and ears of glasgow

Glasgow, KY

#15 Dec 20, 2012
awesome wrote:
Eric, As a transplant from California, and have settled to Glasgow I would NOT move your family here. I would definatly would go to Bowling Green or Franklin, KY. Glasgow is nothing but a sespool of inbread, rude people.
so get the [email protected] out of here then!
NYorker

Glasgow, KY

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Im from Lower Ny(Just a little North of NY city)and I currently live in Glasgow.Its a nice little town,but I would advise living closer to Bowling Green.

Bowling Green has a lot more to offer.If I would have known at first,I would have settled near there.

By the way,the Food around here sucks.There are no Pizza shops,Delis or etc around here.There are some Good Mom and Pop BBQ places,and the occasional Chinese restaurant,but mainly its all fast food chains.

You cant get good cold cuts or bread here,like you can on the East Coast.They do not sell Boars Head brands around here.They never herd of hard rolls,its all soft white buns and bread.Walmart does sell their own version of French bread and etc,but its no where near as good as a Bag of JJ Cassone bread.

I had to learn how to make my own NY style Pizza,calzones and rolls because its all chain crap garbage.The closest thing to east coast pizza is Sbarros in the BG mall,but thats not saying much.Theres no Italian restaurants,there are chains like Gondoliers which is pure crap and theres an Olive Garden in BG,which my own Italian friends wouldnt eat there.lol..

If you like to drink alcohol,this town county is Dry,but now Glasgow is moist.You can drink at the restaurant,but you cant buy it locally and bring it home.You have to drive all the way to Bowling Green for a Beer or Wine run to bring it home.They are a wet county out there.

I never heard of these stupid blue laws until I moved down here.I drove to the store one day and said,where the hell is the beer? I was in for shock,I said that's the stupidest thing I ever heard!

Take your time to look around and find yourself a place.It is cheap down here and your money goes a long way.Bowling Green has more stores,restaurants(mainly chains but some are not that bad),doctors,dentists,hospital s and etc there.
NYorker

Glasgow, KY

#17 Dec 20, 2012
eyes and ears of glasgow wrote:
<quoted text>so get the [email protected] out of here then!
Rude...lol..maybe if you left,this town would be a little nicer.
NYorker

Glasgow, KY

#18 Dec 20, 2012
Eric,if you want to contact me personally,let me know.I will be happy to discuss Glasgow/Bowling Green area more.Ky is a very nice place to live and like all places,plus and minuses.Ignore the tards that come on here and have nothing better to do.There are alot of nice folks here,and yes,alot of rude people,but you being from Joisey is used to it.

Laters!
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Dec 20, 2012
This is great. This Jersey nut probably just did some really horrible isht and you guys are gonna help him get down here and all nestled in. I bet this guy has a weird longing for tractors, makes home movies with face masks, and touches goats. Oh wait, that guy already moved here.
Stay away creep. We don't like your kind around here.
NYorker

Glasgow, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2012
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE wrote:
This is great. This Jersey nut probably just did some really horrible isht and you guys are gonna help him get down here and all nestled in. I bet this guy has a weird longing for tractors, makes home movies with face masks, and touches goats. Oh wait, that guy already moved here.
Stay away creep. We don't like your kind around here.
Xenophobe eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city council people who voted for taxes and alc... 30 min Council 2
Malania Thump 41 min Not going there 9
Carl Dickerson (Jul '13) 1 hr District 13
Vote For The Only Honest Candidate This Year! 1 hr Julius the Jules 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr History Professor 149,567
Dump The Trump 5 hr Julius the Jules 211
How Do You Know... 6 hr Connie 4

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages