How long can a person draw unemployme...

How long can a person draw unemployment benefits?

Created by Just Lil Ol Me on May 4, 2009

1,505 votes

Click on an option to vote

12 months

18 months

2yrs

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 May 4, 2009
6 months then they can consider you for another 6 months.
ELROY

Glasgow, KY

#2 May 4, 2009
YOU CAN DRAW IT FOR TWO YEARS .IF YOU R SOME KIND OF STUDENT
jobless

Glasgow, KY

#3 May 4, 2009
I have been drawing since February 2008. I am an RN student. My school is paid for also. Almost any 2 year program you do is eligible. There are some catches though. The amount you draw does drop considerably.
Gettin there

Glasgow, KY

#4 May 4, 2009
26 weeks then u can file to get a 20 week extension.
he will b back

Glasgow, KY

#5 May 4, 2009
you draw 6 months (26 wks) from the state, then file an ext. for another 6 months paid by the federal, which is a total of one year. however, it will soon pass that you will be able for an additional 13 weeks from the federal government. making your total time about 15 months
jan 2010

Columbia City, IN

#6 Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know how long you can draw now. I read the post above. As long as you are a student with a strong work history, is it still possible to draw up to a year.
who

Edmonton, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2010
dont know
busy body

Munfordville, KY

#9 Jan 16, 2010
it depends on how black you are.
Really

Calhoun, KY

#10 Jan 25, 2010
he will b back wrote:
you draw 6 months (26 wks) from the state, then file an ext. for another 6 months paid by the federal, which is a total of one year. however, it will soon pass that you will be able for an additional 13 weeks from the federal government. making your total time about 15 months
Is this still true?
alisha

United States

#11 Mar 10, 2010
jobless wrote:
I have been drawing since February 2008. I am an RN student. My school is paid for also. Almost any 2 year program you do is eligible. There are some catches though. The amount you draw does drop considerably.
I've drew out for 6 months and they did an extension. They denied me this last time. I tried to extend. I'm going to school to did you file another claim or extend your claim?
richie dials

Paintsville, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2010
I am a student with the university of phoenix online for 2 more years and I have drawn unemployment since august 2009. I wonder if I am eligibe for 2 years unemployment with a strong work history or if I have to be going to school in a program approved by someone. I dont know how this works. I am already on extended benefits (first tier) but im not sure how many there are. I heard 72 weeks all together but Im not sure if they passed that law on april 3rd I believe it was. Im just wondering if anyone else may have knowledge of this and understand it better than I do.
too long

Glasgow, KY

#13 Apr 21, 2010
get a job bum
Wow

Glasgow, KY

#14 Apr 25, 2010
And people wonder why the economy is shit.
Richard

Nitro, WV

#15 Jun 9, 2010
I personally know a lot of people who are drawing unemployment and do not wish to find a job. They say they are earning more because they are not paying out any work related expenses such as gas, lunches, etc. The unemployment offices need to check up on some of these people.
tokey toke

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jun 10, 2010
lot of people simply cant find a job n. this is what happens when you guys would rather teach that Jesus road dinosaurs to the last supper instead of worrying about math and actual f'ng science.
Pam

Glenville, WV

#17 Jun 21, 2010
I am unemployed and drew unemployment for the 26 wks and that was all. I am out there every day looking for something. I have even applied at burger joints as you put it. I would only like to get one extension and they say I cant do that. Guess when my vehicle insurance and bills come due I wont be able to look for work anymore.
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

#18 Jun 21, 2010
They frown upon any full time student who has classes through the week. They want you to do some bullshit night classes/internet classes or get some of their worthless certificates for welding or auto mechanics. The WILL approve someone for unemployment if you are a full time student and have a good work history or have a call back date. I have some friends that have been on unemployment for over two years. Congress keeps extending their benefits. When they run out of money they just go right back and apply and they get approved. They also have been looking for a job it's just that there aren't any jobs hiring someone with their experiences and they refuse to take a pay cut to work a minimum wage job. Besides, one of my friends got denied a minimum wage job because they said she was extremely "overqualified".
Indeed

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jun 21, 2010
Cards Fan wrote:
Besides, one of my friends got denied a minimum wage job because they said she was extremely "overqualified".
I know what you mean. I got that "overqualified" bullcrap once at an interview because I have a college education. Sometimes, I feel like it actually hinders people from getting jobs unless they can find an opening in their field... and that is wrong!
EXACTLY

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jun 21, 2010
Cards Fan wrote:
They frown upon any full time student who has classes through the week. They want you to do some bullshit night classes/internet classes or get some of their worthless certificates for welding or auto mechanics. The WILL approve someone for unemployment if you are a full time student and have a good work history or have a call back date. I have some friends that have been on unemployment for over two years. Congress keeps extending their benefits. When they run out of money they just go right back and apply and they get approved. They also have been looking for a job it's just that there aren't any jobs hiring someone with their experiences and they refuse to take a pay cut to work a minimum wage job. Besides, one of my friends got denied a minimum wage job because they said she was extremely "overqualified".
Been There as Well! People who are over-qualified, as in with more experience and college degree's, get passed over in today's times due to the person conducting the interview or the actual manager being "afraid" or "intimidated" by this new prospect who is inquiring about the job. They are afraid they could in time lose their job to this new person who has more experience and a degree.
Auto Tech

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jun 21, 2010
richie dials wrote:
I am a student with the university of phoenix online for 2 more years and I have drawn unemployment since august 2009. I wonder if I am eligibe for 2 years unemployment with a strong work history or if I have to be going to school in a program approved by someone. I dont know how this works. I am already on extended benefits (first tier) but im not sure how many there are. I heard 72 weeks all together but Im not sure if they passed that law on april 3rd I believe it was. Im just wondering if anyone else may have knowledge of this and understand it better than I do.
BRADD will not ok online classes you need to be sitting in class room for the two year classes and your online classes will not transfer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malania Thump 20 min Love her 99
Having sex with your sister in law (Jan '11) 32 min Glasgow attorney 44
Brandie Runyon do not delete 35 min Concerned citizen 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Chris 149,993
Body found green river 1 hr oh yes I did 63
Nicholas C. Hill (Jun '10) 1 hr Blessed 6
Barren County WET????? 2 hr landy 140
Kristen Edwards of Barren County 13 hr you are silly 11

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web