the real truth

Glasgow, KY

#63 Jan 18, 2013
the real church wrote:
The real "church" according to the Bible is the body of Christ, which is the believers, not a building or organized structure such as the "Church of Christ."
That cult believes their salvation depends on them, not on Jesus Christ. In fact, Coral Hill Church of Christ sends out a brochure every month and this months brochure said that Jesus only had the ability to forgive sins personally while He was on earth and that's supposedly why the theif on the cross got saved without being baptized.
What blasphemy!! Jesus still has the ability to forgive sins, even more so now, because He pleads His blood to the Father continually in heaven for those it was shed for.
He forgave the theif on the cross without baptism, because it proved He was God in the flesh, for only God can forgive sins. Our sins don't get magically washed away in water.
The bottom line is that Church of Christ believes in baptismal regeneration, rather than Holy Spirit regeneration and they will go to any extreme to promote it as a work we do to get saved. Even to the extreme of blasphemy!!
Jesus lived the perfect life that we couldn't. He was even baptized on our behalf, because He knew we wouldn't do it perfectly, but He did. That's why He said He did it to "fulfill all righteousness." Can we do that, no! He did it on behalf of His sheep.
But goats can't hear, for they have no ears to hear. Only His true sheep follow Him, rather than their own man-centered false doctrines, that exalt mans work, rather than the work did.
Jesus said, "It is finished." So stop trying to add to it and submit to Him alone to save you. You can't save yourself, so how can you keep yourself saved? You can't.
Only God is able to keep you from falling and that is throughout Scripture. If only you could read it, without filtering it thru cultic brainwashing.
(conclusion to previous post)
Again you are dishonest in accusing the Church of Christ of blasphemy and teaching baptismal regeneration and that it is a work. The only way sins can be washed away in water is that we by faith believe and trust Jesus and what He did at the cross. The water has no power by itself. I challenge you to read every conversion in the book of Acts and every person was baptized for the remission of their sins. Read the conversion of Saul of Tarsus in Acts 9 and 22. In fact when Ananias came and found Saul fasting and in prayer, waiting to find out what the Lord wanted him to do (Acts 9:6)Saul was told to (are you ready for this?) "arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16).
In Acts 8:26-39, read the account of an Ethiopian who had been to Jerusalem to worship as a Jew. On his way home he is reading from Isaiah 53. We know this is a prophecy about Christ. Note vs. 35 that Phillip began from that verse and "preached unto him Jesus." Have you ever wondered why the next verse tells us that the Ethiopian exclaims "there is water what hinders me from being baptized? when Phillip preached Jesus??? When a person is properly taught Christ, baptism must be a part of the new birth. Jesus said so himself in Mark 16:15-16 and Matthew 28:18-20.
You are the pot calling the kettle black. When Jesus said "it is finished", it meant that what he came to do redeem us was about to be completed. It has no reference to interpret that there is no response on our part in order to receive the benefit.
I am afraid you are blinded by your own denominational thinking. I pray you will open your ears and eyes to the truth as I have written here. Look and study the examples I provided for you. Go back and reread that article. Also read the article "4 Views of Faith" That is a good one also.
Truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#64 Jan 18, 2013
hum wrote:
<quoted text>If you had what I got that nite down on my knees begging God to save my soul you would understand how that no matter how I live what I do I could stand in front of the whole world and tell them I'm going to heaven I don't have to guess about or try to live good enough to get there and sure as heck I don't have to depend on some false preacher to tell me to accept christ as my savior ,that nite on my knees when God saved me soul I was a begging with all my heart ,soul, and strength that I had in me and when he saved my soul,I have to repent but not for for god to save me it is for him to forgive me for the things that I do after he saved me I hate that you don't understand it ,but you can know what I know if u want it but I do tell I got saved at 13 years old and I will never ever have to get saved again.....
I'm sorry if you misunderstood the scriptures it doesn't say you must be saved Multiple times. But it's meaning is that we must strive Dailey to live rite and Fear The Lord or be in Danger of Hell Fire. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but the Truth is in Scripture. If a person keeps turning to the worldly ways I'm sorry God is in charge not us. Repent Dailey and Fear The Lord

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#65 Jan 21, 2013
the real truth wrote:
<quoted text> You missed the entire point that the thief lived before the New Covenant was ratified at the death of Christ.
(conclusion to follow in separate post)
I do not believe the bible teaches that. Hebrews 9 tells us when the new covenant comes into being.

Hebrews 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
9:16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Jesus prophesied that the thief would be with Him that day in Paradise,not that the thief was saved under the Old Covenant at the exact time He when He spoke these verses. Jesus does not say the thief is saved but that he will be later, in this case later in the day.

Luke 23:42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
Luke23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

These verses in John tell us Jesus died before the thief. Therefore the New Covenant was in place when the thief died.

John 19:31 Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
19:32 Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him.
33 But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs.

Location hidden

#66 Jan 21, 2013
Sorry about the typos before the Luke verses. I think you can figure them out.

Location hidden

#67 Jan 21, 2013
the real truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way sins can be washed away in water is that we by faith believe and trust Jesus and what He did at the cross.
The only way our sins can be remitted is by the shedding of the blood of a perfect sacrifice. NOT WATER. You will have a tough time finding
("The only way sins can be washed away in water") in the bible.
who="the real truth"]<quoted text>
the real truth wrote:
When a person is properly taught Christ, baptism must be a part of the new birth. Jesus said so himself in Mark 16:15-16 and Matthew 28:18-20.
LOl Baptism must be part of the new birth? Not the way you are teaching it, I am afraid. The new birth is a spiritual birth. We are placed in the church by Jesus, not an act by a human preacher in water.
First, those verses do not mention the new birth. This verse tells us what the new birth is and it does not mention water baptism. What you say is not what the bible says. You may be right but I am going with what the bible says.

1 John 5;1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
hereyago

Munfordville, KY

#68 Jan 21, 2013
my opinion also wrote:
<quoted text>The only way our sins can be remitted is by the shedding of the blood of a perfect sacrifice. NOT WATER. You will have a tough time finding
("The only way sins can be washed away in water") in the bible.
who="the real truth"]<quoted text><quoted text>LOl Baptism must be part of the new birth? Not the way you are teaching it, I am afraid. The new birth is a spiritual birth. We are placed in the church by Jesus, not an act by a human preacher in water.
First, those verses do not mention the new birth. This verse tells us what the new birth is and it does not mention water baptism. What you say is not what the bible says. You may be right but I am going with what the bible says.
1 John 5;1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
heres the verses you were asking for. 1 peter 3:18-21

18 Christ died for sins once and for all time. The One who did what is right died for those who donít do right. He died to bring you to God. His body was put to death. But the Holy Spirit brought him back to life.

19 By means of the Spirit, Christ went and preached to the spirits in prison. 20 Long ago they did not obey. God was patient while Noah was building the ark. He waited, but only a few people went into the ark. A total of eight were saved by means of water.

21 The water of the flood is a picture of the baptism that now saves you also. The baptism Iím talking about has nothing to do with removing dirt from your body. Instead, it promises God that you will keep a clear sense of what is right and wrong.

I BELIEVE VERSE 21 SUMS IT UP PRETTY GOOD,DONT YOU??

Location hidden

#69 Jan 21, 2013
I suppose you are trying to use this verse to show water saves. It is a very poor translation. Especially this "it promises God that you will keep a clear sense of what is right and wrong."
We know better than that don't we? Jesus was raised by the Spirit and John the Baptist said Jesus would baptize us in the Holy Spirit. Jesus said we had to be born of the Spirit. If you have not His Spirit , you are none of His(Romans 8:9).

These verses are a picture all right, but not of water baptism. It is the spirit baptism that places one in Christ. Christ is represented by the ark which is the only way anyone will be saved. The only ones water baptized in this picture are dead. The saved were protected from the water. You must be born again of the spirit which is being talked about and is made plainer in the ESV below. We are plainly talking of spirit starting in verse 18. Baptism saves us now by appealing to God for a good conscience (promises God you will keep a clear sense of right and wrong???? get real) the only way that can happen is is by Spirit not water)

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,
1Pe 3:19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:20 because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.
1Pe 3:21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
Satan

Westmoreland, TN

#70 Jan 23, 2013
Rev lovejou wrote:
<quoted text>You must be Jehovah's Witness or Mormon for sure a cult not even a religion.
cult [ kult ] A system generally associated with spiritual beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false, normally directed by a charismatic authoritarian leader. The idolization of somebody or some thing.

Normally Im the one to keep things in an uproar,...but Satan does have his standards when it comes to denial.

Location hidden

#71 Jan 23, 2013
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
cult [ kult ] A system generally associated with spiritual beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false, normally directed by a charismatic authoritarian leader. The idolization of somebody or some thing.
That is the definition of what a real Christian is.
Truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#72 Jan 23, 2013
You both will Faced by the Maker in the end.

Location hidden

#73 Jan 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
True, everyone will face the Lord. No one will escape that day.
Satan

Westmoreland, TN

#74 Jan 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
I appreciate your concern, but you may be a bit misguided.

Your 'maker' and I are in fact the same.
We have existed within each other for purpose.
Remember who was already in the garden ?
You unknowingly worship us both.
The Truth

Glasgow, KY

#75 Jan 24, 2013
"Forgive him Lord" but in the end we already know what happens to Satan now don't we.
Satan

Westmoreland, TN

#76 Jan 24, 2013
The Truth wrote:
"Forgive him Lord" but in the end we already know what happens to Satan now don't we.
Good one lol !!!! We needed a good laugh today.
Oh,......your 'Lord' says Hey !
The Truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#77 Jan 24, 2013
Have a Great day Satan & make the best of them our days are numbered
Toby

Elizabethtown, KY

#78 Jan 24, 2013
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>Good one lol !!!! We needed a good laugh today.
Oh,......your 'Lord' says Hey !
Now people this is a prime example of why other animals kill there young. On a Christian thread and bashing God Fearing people your Mother must be proud of you.
Satan

Westmoreland, TN

#79 Jan 24, 2013
The Truth wrote:
Have a Great day Satan & make the best of them our days are numbered
So they say !
Well personally Im ready for a little vacation.
Maybe it will take some of this heat off of me.
Oh don't get me wrong its not hot where I am, but the constant condemnation of goodhearted christian people does tend to make my blood boil.
Satan

Westmoreland, TN

#80 Jan 24, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Now people this is a prime example of why other animals kill there young. On a Christian thread and bashing God Fearing people your Mother must be proud of you.
I've already created slavery once Toby, don't make me bring it back.
Toby

Elizabethtown, KY

#81 Jan 24, 2013
Lol!!!

Location hidden

#82 Jan 26, 2013
Are you in this church?

John 5:34 But the testimony which I receive is not from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved.

John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:7 "Do not be amazed that I said to you,'You must be born again.'

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tearing down confederate statue on courthouse lawn 9 min Cat Daddy 19
Is Courtney Smith really pregnant again? 1 hr bob 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 166,377
ATTENTION on 8/20/17......... stand up 4 hr Multiple 11
13 year old girl dead?!?!?!?! 6 hr smh 2
Drunken fool on siddons rd 10 hr Multiple 2
Bobby Lawson 12 hr Sam 13

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages