boltons landing closed?????
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Payroll Taxes

United States

#21 Oct 12, 2007
http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/local/local_...

GLASGOW — One of Glasgow’s most popular eateries has closed its doors until further notice.

Signs posted in the windows of Bolton’s Landing state the restaurant was ordered closed by the Franklin Circuit Court for nonpayment of taxes.

The closure is allowed under Kentucky Revised Statute 135.050, which deals with actions taken by the Department of Revenue to ascertain and collect taxes.

“During the move, I got behind on my taxes,” co-owner Danny Young said.“I was currently working with them on a repayment plan and it kind of caught me by surprise.”

That move was from the restaurant’s former location off Scottsville Road to the Cavalry Drive facility, which Bolton’s Landing has called home since November, according to Young.

The restaurant’s lien balance is approximately $106,272.16 and the lien date was set on July 5, 2006, according to the Kentucky Department of Revenue’s business debtors list.

Young said the restaurant’s doors were closed on Monday.

“I am currently working with Frankfort to get the problems resolved,” he said, adding that the closing is “hopefully not” permanent, but it is a possibility.
a friend

Summer Shade, KY

#22 Oct 12, 2007
Thankyou for not being hatefull.
Cassandra Groce

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Jul 28, 2008
I liked Bolton's when we first moved here...a couple of years before it even moved the food wasn't as good. When it did move (dunno if it was a new owner or new cook or what) someone bought us a gift card for veteran's day...we ate there and it was TERRIBLE. Everything was incredibly bland. Bolton's is where our family's ate together to meet when we were engaged.

It was good then and flavorful. Maybe we just went on a bad night but we never tried it again after that.

It made me think of when Taste of Texas moved to that hotel the food wasn't as good then either. Maybe atmosphere has a taste?:)
Mad Waitress

Glasgow, KY

#26 Jul 28, 2008
I worked at Bolton's. I hated it. It was okay when we were at the old building. Once we moved, danny more or less turned into a cocky SOB. Business was booming and he thought he was better than everyone and every restaurant. What restaurant in glasgow serves snails as an appetizer? Get real danny young. He was and is a crook and now it has bit him in the ass. he owes over $200,000 dollars to the state of kentucky in taxes. apparently he has done this before. good news for his wife linda...who "knew nothing of this" sweetheart bakery was not tied into the same banking account or it would have been shut down as well...darn. Sorry, I hate this man and his family. Our Christmas was horrible and our finances have been horrible ever since. I hope he pays for what he has done to me, my family and everyone else's family's that were employed at Bolton's Landing. I'm glad to see not everyone liked the food at Bolton's...it was overrated. It did a good business because it was the only game in town...besides Little Taste...now that Glasgow has Coltons...Bolton's would have gone down anyway and I'm sure Little Taste is coming down soon as well..Ken doesn't help matters. Neither doesn Kathryn.
Oh No

Glasgow, KY

#27 Jul 28, 2008
Peg wrote:
Bolton's really went downhill when Danny Young took over. Bolton's was at its peak when Jimmy Shaw was there in the 80s and Lana Riddle kept the tradition going as well. It really went downhill in the early part of this decade and the new owners was the nail in the coffin.
Bolton's was THE MAIN ATTRACTION restaurant in Glasgow until the liquor vote passed and its seems now only everyone wants a bar/joint style atmosphere. Bodean's is only for the drunks, we ate there a couple weeks ago and there was as much cursing and obnoxious noise as any strip club you would see.
Is your comparison to the new restaurants Bolton's up until 1995-6 time frame? Because after that it couldn't hold a candle to the new ones, right? I've never been in a strip club so I'll bow to your expertise.
JUSTICE

Glasgow, KY

#28 Jul 28, 2008
NOW HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN AND/OR WORKED IN A STRIP CLUB BEFORE?
Peg wrote:
Bodean's is only for the drunks, we ate there a couple weeks ago and there was as much cursing and obnoxious noise as any strip club you would see.
Scottie Fan

Glasgow, KY

#29 Jul 28, 2008
Peg wrote:
Bolton's really went downhill when Danny Young took over. Bolton's was at its peak when Jimmy Shaw was there in the 80s and Lana Riddle kept the tradition going as well. It really went downhill in the early part of this decade and the new owners was the nail in the coffin.
Bolton's was THE MAIN ATTRACTION restaurant in Glasgow until the liquor vote passed and its seems now only everyone wants a bar/joint style atmosphere. Bodean's is only for the drunks, we ate there a couple weeks ago and there was as much cursing and obnoxious noise as any strip club you would see.
Bolton's was at it's peak when Mark Haines owned it in the '80s, and he had as "head chef", Keith Puckett.
The food was truly amazing back then. After Keith left, it went downhill.
ask me

Glasgow, KY

#30 Jul 28, 2008
IMHO I think Lana Riddle ?(not now) needs to take it back over!She was a supurb manager/owner..Her son is a hell of a cook too
Oldmanout

Glasgow, KY

#31 Jul 28, 2008
That makes sense, since she was the one at the helm when it went down.
old geezer

Glasgow, KY

#32 Jul 28, 2008
Oldmanout wrote:
That makes sense, since she was the one at the helm when it went down.
She wasn't at nothing when it went down...Sweey heart bakery owner was there...sorry to tell you there buddy.....it was all out of her hands...The Old boltons building was about to come apart but that was due to the owner of the building leased wouldn't fix it!
Oldmanout

Glasgow, KY

#33 Jul 28, 2008
If you say so....I'm aware of the problems with the building, and I'm also aware of the other problems. But, I bow to your superior knowledge.
ex employee

United States

#34 Jul 28, 2008
Mad Waitress wrote:
I worked at Bolton's. I hated it. It was okay when we were at the old building. Once we moved, danny more or less turned into a cocky SOB. Business was booming and he thought he was better than everyone and every restaurant. What restaurant in glasgow serves snails as an appetizer? Get real danny young. He was and is a crook and now it has bit him in the ass. he owes over $200,000 dollars to the state of kentucky in taxes. apparently he has done this before. good news for his wife linda...who "knew nothing of this" sweetheart bakery was not tied into the same banking account or it would have been shut down as well...darn. Sorry, I hate this man and his family.
and now i hear he is riding around on a brand new motorcycle. how does that work?
ooooooooo

Glasgow, KY

#35 Jul 28, 2008
ex employee wrote:
<quoted text>
and now i hear he is riding around on a brand new motorcycle. how does that work?
The IRS would like to know also
Mad Waitress

Murfreesboro, TN

#36 Jul 28, 2008
That wouldn't surprise me...anyone who has worked for Danny Young knows he always gets his way somehow or another.....dont worry he will get his in the end =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghjjgg 9 min Manager 2
Fps 10 min Ghjhgg 11
slum lords (Jul '08) 35 min Lady Isbella 23
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min Get Real 169,933
Curious 2 hr Curious 1
Nelson 8 hr hehe 1
Sonic 9 hr Careful 4

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages