AF Crow Funeral Home
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Glasgow, KY

#22 Jan 21, 2013
new Glasgow resident wrote:
I notice from obituaries that more at Crow's than Hatcher and Saddler. Has it always been that way? Or is it a fluke that recently I see more at Crow's?
They are cheaper than hatcher but my opinion only they don't make the dead look as good as the other place. But they are nice caring folks though.
jmo

Edmonton, KY

#23 Jan 21, 2013
I have been to funerals of loved ones and friends at both funeral homes. My personal opinion is that Hatcher and Saddler services/personnel appear to be more comforting and respectable to the families.
Crows by choice

Cave City, KY

#24 Jan 22, 2013
Our whole family has always used Crows. They have always went above and beyond for us. I would not want a family member took any where else.
I have been to Hatcher and Saddler quite a few times, when friends and their families have been there.
They are both nice funeral homes. As for where someone posted "they don't make the dead look as good as the other place" No one looks good dead.
new Glasgow resident

Glasgow, KY

#25 Jan 22, 2013
I have been to both funeral homes for visitations and really can't tell much difference from that perspective. I am only wondering about the obituaries I notice and more people seem to use Crow's. Why is that?
John

Glasgow, KY

#26 Jan 22, 2013
new Glasgow resident wrote:
I have been to both funeral homes for visitations and really can't tell much difference from that perspective. I am only wondering about the obituaries I notice and more people seem to use Crow's. Why is that?
They are cheaper in price cost you less money to bury your loved one. Can even be cheaper if you supply the casket that Walmart sells online.
new Glasgow resident

Glasgow, KY

#27 Jan 22, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>They are cheaper in price cost you less money to bury your loved one. Can even be cheaper if you supply the casket that Walmart sells online.
so what does an average funeral service cost here at each place?
2013newyr

Cave City, KY

#28 Jan 23, 2013
cost: here in the south there are NO rules, u can bury your loved one anywhere

i will get your casket from walmarts.com (cheep)
no enbulbming, put make on you from rite aide,(only the best of course, cover all that dead skin) lay u out in your living room,(yes they still do that here) remember NO LAWS and get your church folks together to dig a hole, your all done!!

cost CHEEP!
local yokel

Glasgow, KY

#29 Jan 23, 2013
2013newyr wrote:
cost: here in the south there are NO rules, u can bury your loved one anywhere
i will get your casket from walmarts.com (cheep)
no enbulbming, put make on you from rite aide,(only the best of course, cover all that dead skin) lay u out in your living room,(yes they still do that here) remember NO LAWS and get your church folks together to dig a hole, your all done!!
cost CHEEP!
If you want to go even cheaper, bury person in the ground wrapped in a sheet like they did in the old, old days.
Yea right

Bradenton, FL

#30 Jan 23, 2013
BJR wrote:
The first thing they ask is how you going to pay before they take your
love one away. If you don't have Insurance they say how much they need
before they will do anything. Then each time they call for about things you
need they remind you about the money.Then when you go in to sign a
a contract to pay them , they make you have 2 other people to sign the
contract too ,in case you don't pay.They are over priced,inconsiderate
and no compassion,it's all about the money
It's a bussiness.....

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31 Jan 23, 2013
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to go even cheaper, bury person in the ground wrapped in a sheet like they did in the old, old days.
That would be the cheapest route....but you go to jail for that now...it's called murder. lol
local yokel

Glasgow, KY

#32 Jan 23, 2013
one moore wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the cheapest route....but you go to jail for that now...it's called murder. lol
not talking about murdering anyone. Ky law doesn't require you to be in a casket.
Old Man

Glasgow, KY

#33 Jan 25, 2013
Went to a funeral recently and I was the oldest person there they were extra nice to me. They must have thought I was their next customer.
Trecie

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Jan 26, 2013
My BF whos been a resident all his life in Glasgow says he hates this SOB Crows and doesent want his parents taken care of there he even ran for councilman and he didnt win but needless to say he knows all about CROWS FUNERAL HOME
I say

Glasgow, KY

#35 Jan 26, 2013
Crows by choice wrote:
Our whole family has always used Crows. They have always went above and beyond for us. I would not want a family member took any where else.
I have been to Hatcher and Saddler quite a few times, when friends and their families have been there.
They are both nice funeral homes. As for where someone posted "they don't make the dead look as good as the other place" No one looks good dead.
I just want to say that when you lose a loved one that has been very sick we knew Hatcher & Saddler could do a much better job. We chose Hatcher & Saddler. It does make a difference. We were very pleased. That is a very hard time to go through in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Georgia vote 3 min XMP 25
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min CCR 164,779
Fire pit spirits 1 hr crybabies snowfla... 5
Any women looking for a suger daddy (Nov '15) 1 hr lol 17
Jealous people 2 hr IMO 25
What's happened to mighty dollar? 5 hr stepping up in life 26
Tattoos are disgusting!!! And tasteless!!!! For... (Jun '12) 5 hr body a temple 543

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages