AF Crow Funeral Home
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Nobody

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 3, 2011
To Mrs Wilson and Mr Jessie, you both do a good job at the Funeral home. The gossiping, the hate you both have toward people are so welcome. Never before have my family and myself been so insulted. You both are very mean and I hope that Follis feels so proud to have such mean people working for him.
Hello

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jun 3, 2011
Can you go into some details on this? Or better yet pick up the phone and tell them about it. Call and ask to speak to Follis, he would want to know about someone's family being done wrong or talked about in a bad way.
Cody

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jun 3, 2011
that where the big shot go to
opie

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 3, 2011
I hate having to go by there frequently and run into the woman. She is a gossip and will cut your throat in a heartbeat. She is not an asset to Follis; he's too good a person and a professional to have her around. A LOT of people in town feel this way.
sorry for the family

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Jun 3, 2011
i'm sorry for this family but they where really nice to my family.and we are not a weathly family.
info

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 3, 2011
Cody wrote:
that where the big shot go to
That is just not true. Both of our funeral homes serve everyone just the same. I've known of the very elite, wealthy families using both of them. They serve everyone, white/black/Amish you name it just the same. We are extremely fortunate to have two fine establishments in our town. Just visit funeral homes in other towns across Kentucky and you will find that we have some of the best in every way. To the original poster, I am sorry for your bad experience.
my god

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jun 3, 2011
MY PARENTS HAVE THEIR COMPLETE ARRANGEMENTS WITH
CROWS AND I HAVE BEEN IN THERE SEVERAL TIMES TO PICK UP PAPERWORK AND FOLLIS WOULD NOT SPEAK,I GUESS AFTER THEY GET THEIR MONEY THEY ARE TO GOOD TO SPEAK.MOST OF MY FAMILY AND SEVERAL FRIENDS HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM I HOPE THEY WERE NOT TREATED LIKE I WAS.I DID HAVE RESPECT FOR THE BUSINESS AND FOLLIS, BUT NO LONGER.IT'S YET TO BE SEEN HOW THINGS ARE DONE WHEN MY PARENTS PASS, BECAUSE I'M SURE HE WILL KNOW ABOUT IT IF HE IS STILL ACTING LIKE HE IS TO GOOD TO TALK TO US. YOU KNOW I ALSO WENT TO SCHOOL WITH JEAN,HIS WIFE, AND ALSO HAVE SEEN HER SEVERAL TIMES AT THE FUNERAL HOME AND YOU KNOW SHE WOULD NOT SPEAK TO ME.WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WHOLE PLACE.
Sir the Man

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jun 4, 2011
All of my family crow's have been in charge and I have never been treated any better. As for Follis I have know him for 50 years and there in not a better man in this town. So they lady that said he didn't speak to her maybe he had something on his mind at the time.
Oh My Back

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jun 5, 2011
The Mc Murtry funeral home in Summer Shade is WONDERFUL, and HALF price to the one's in Glasgow for the EXACT same caskets you can buy at those two.
They are very nice.
BJR

Rineyville, KY

#10 May 16, 2012
The first thing they ask is how you going to pay before they take your
love one away. If you don't have Insurance they say how much they need
before they will do anything. Then each time they call for about things you
need they remind you about the money.Then when you go in to sign a
a contract to pay them , they make you have 2 other people to sign the
contract too ,in case you don't pay.They are over priced,inconsiderate
and no compassion,it's all about the money
Clementine

Glasgow, KY

#12 May 16, 2012
BJR wrote:
Maybe you could do what I and my family have done. Go in and pre pay your funeral. Then you won't have this problem when someone in your family dies. If you don't have the money to pre pay, take out a final expense burial policy with the beneficiary as the funeral home.

I know that funerals are expensive but there are ways you can cut costs. Basic casket, visitation and funeral at your church instead of at the funeral home, even cremation.
working man

Glasgow, KY

#13 May 16, 2012
BJR wrote:
well they are a for profit private company and they cannot afford to just perform their services for free as you expect. just because the government gives you free medical, dental, food, housing, education, electricity, heat, and a home & cell phone I suppose you think someone should pay for your funeral. get a job asshole and pay your bills. it sounds like you're all about the money....someone else's money you deadbeat.
Insider

Glasgow, KY

#14 May 16, 2012
Please........yes they make profit but robbery is another thing....funeral homes can make it on one third of what they charge. It is something everyon has to have one time in life and they know they can take advantage and so they do. I will not take my parents there and even if they are prearranged there you do not have to use them. You can change the policy or prearrangment to another funeral home at anytime.
work

Columbia, KY

#15 May 16, 2012
Oh My Back wrote:
The Mc Murtry funeral home in Summer Shade is WONDERFUL, and HALF price to the one's in Glasgow for the EXACT same caskets you can buy at those two.
They are very nice.

That's the true family member died went McMurtrey total price was around 8,500 friendly and nice.
Salesman

Glasgow, KY

#16 May 16, 2012
I used to sell cars with a guy who got out of the car business and started selling funerals. Profit margin was much higher. As he said, all the customers were lay downs.
hummm

Glasgow, KY

#17 May 17, 2012
work wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the true family member died went McMurtrey total price was around 8,500 friendly and nice.
Wow! We had MIL funeral there last year, top of the line casket, vault, flowers, clothes, everything included in the bill was under $5000.00
work

Columbia, KY

#18 May 17, 2012
well he was buried pine knot KY almost 3 hours drive
ok

Glasgow, KY

#19 May 28, 2012
Huh idjghjb
terell

Glasgow, KY

#20 May 28, 2012
heard they don't do funerals for black's
new Glasgow resident

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jan 21, 2013
I notice from obituaries that more at Crow's than Hatcher and Saddler. Has it always been that way? Or is it a fluke that recently I see more at Crow's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tattoos are disgusting!!! And tasteless!!!! For... (Jun '12) 27 min eric 533
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,470
Money laundering at Slaytons junk palace 1 hr Wondering 3
Need to know about Daniel Bledsoe 3 hr Joe 18
Glasgow High School 5 hr Mrs Harris 37
stolen item 5 hr Poopy Longstockings 4
Shelby gulley 6 hr woot woot 38

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages