of 2
Next Last
Tax Payer

Glasgow, KY

#1 Mar 5, 2013
March 4, 2013
State trooper arrested for DUI

By AMANDA LOVIZA VICKERY Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW — A Kentucky State Poliice trooper was arrested in Cave City on Sunday night for driving while intoxicated. The trooper’s blood alcohol content was more than two and a half times the legal limit.

Casey Joseph Wethington, 27, of 10799 Knifley Road in Columbia, was “all over the roadway” while driving north on Dixie Highway in a 2006 black Toyota about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, according to a Cave City Police Department citation. Wethington is a Kentucky State Trooper at Post 15 in Columbia. Cave City Police Officer Blaine Hollis pulled Wethington over after observing his Toyota straddling the middle of the road.

“Upon traffic stop,[Wethington] had blood-shot eyes, slurred speech and strong odor of alcoholic beverage emitting from his breath and person,” Hollis wrote on the citation.

Wethington also showed nystagmus, the citation said, a form of involuntary eye movement that can be induced by alcohol, and can impair vision.

When asked to perform a field sobriety test, Wethington was so unsteady on his feet that he almost fell over while walking, the citation said, and then the test was discontinued and Wethington was arrested.

Wethington’s breathalyzer result showed his blood alcohol content to be 0.203, more than two and a half times the legal limit of 0.08.

Read the full report in Tuesday's print or e-edition of the Glasgow Daily Times.
Not So Shocked

Glasgow, KY

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Most of the officers around here are full of sh!t, especially Glasgow. I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them. I swear I'd call anyone for help before I'd call our stupid ass officers!
no name

Glasgow, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2013
How come his picture and info aren't on the jail website.
Sammy

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Mar 6, 2013
no name wrote:
Probably going to sweep this one under the Rug.
Betcha

Glasgow, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2013
no name wrote:
they probably bailed him out. So the drunk officer could get to his payed vacation he will be getting.
Tax Payer

Glasgow, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2013
March 6, 2013
KSP trooper resigns after his DUI arrest

Staff report Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW — Casey Joseph Wethington, 27, a Kentucky State Police trooper assigned to Post 15 in Columbia, resigned Monday after being arrested for driving drunk late Sunday night.

Wethington was driving a 2006 black Toyota north on Dixie Highway in Cave City Sunday night when Cave City Police Officer Blaine Hollis pulled him over for driving erratically. During the traffic stop, Wethington smelled strongly of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and almost fell over while attempting a field sobriety test. His breathalyzer showed a blood alcohol content of 0.203. He was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, first offense, and lodged in the Barren County Detention Center. He was released after about nine hours on a $500 unsecured bond.

On the same day he was released from jail, Wethington was put on a 21-day unpaid suspension and he then resigned from the state police, said Sgt. Rick Saint-Blancard, commander of the KSP public affairs branch in Frankfort. The state police had not asked Wethington to resign, as the agency uses a 21-day suspension to examine all the facts of a situation, Saint-Blancard said, but they are very strict in policing themselves.

“We're very firm,” Saint-Blancard said.“We're fair, but we don't tolerate that type of behavior.”

Wethington was in the news less than a month ago for giving CPR in Taylor County to a 7-year-old girl who had a seizure and was not breathing. Wethington was flagged down by the child's mother while on patrol, and after calling for an ambulance gave CPR to the child until medical personnel arrived.
woodson james

Glasgow, KY

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Did the lil girl make it? I'm not saying driving drunk is ok but it might explain what this guy was goin through.
friend

Hodgenville, KY

#8 Mar 7, 2013
she did make it...he saved her life.
woodson james

Glasgow, KY

#9 Mar 7, 2013
He's a hero in my eyes, made a bad decision that's all.
Hey

Glasgow, KY

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Mr trooper don't worry you can have a job at GPD if you go apply. You would fit in nicely.
friend

Hodgenville, KY

#11 Mar 8, 2013
woodson james wrote:
You are right ... I've known him for years he is a great person. Yes he made a bad choice. Haven't we all? He was wrong..I get that. No one can make him feel any worse than he already does. Believe me...he knows he made the wrong choice. He has and will continue to pay for that bad decision.
What I think

Glasgow, KY

#12 Mar 8, 2013
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right ... I've known him for years he is a great person. Yes he made a bad choice. Haven't we all? He was wrong..I get that. No one can make him feel any worse than he already does. Believe me...he knows he made the wrong choice. He has and will continue to pay for that bad decision.
Yea buddy he is a hero, he saved one life and is bad choice as you called it. Could have taken a whole family of lives I guess you think it's ok being as he saved one life. Hope he feels bad and pays for rest of his life. He decided he wanted to be a law man. Law enforcement is expected to be the example and live by the laws not get out and break them. Maybe he should have chosen being a bartender instead of a trooper and then he wouldn't have to worry about standards of living that he should be the example of.
James

Lubbock, TX

#13 Mar 8, 2013
He's human you ragged bi**h! People make mistakes!
Not So Shocked

Glasgow, KY

#14 Mar 8, 2013
woodson james wrote:
Sorry, but "saving a life" then getting out drunk and endangering hundreds more doesn't constitute a label such as "hero"... I don't care how many people he "saved" in the past, if he had caused an accident involving my children that would have been IT! This was not a random bad decision that should be excused in ANY way. My kids are gonna be driving on these roads one day, expecting our so called "officers" to protect them from the kind of people our "officers" have become. It's disgusting. I will not stand for it and there are absolutely NO excuses!!!!!
friend

Leitchfield, KY

#15 Mar 9, 2013
yeah yeah...holier than thou. Careful how you talk about other people...your child may make a bad choice too. How will you feel about it then?
I know..you would want your child to pay for it for the rest of his life too right? If you say yes you are a liar.
jlb

United States

#16 Mar 17, 2013
I've known Casey all his life. He's a great guy. Yes he made a mistake and he knows it. Everybody makes them.Can't you leave him alone and let him go on with his life.
Not So Shocked

Glasgow, KY

#17 Mar 17, 2013
jlb wrote:
I've known Casey all his life. He's a great guy. Yes he made a mistake and he knows it. Everybody makes them.Can't you leave him alone and let him go on with his life.
Yes, it was a mistake, and yes, everyone makes them. BUT, there are also more people than not who go their entire lives without driving drunk. Something needs to be done about law enforcement officials being emloyed and trusted to protect and serve, when some are obviously far too mentally unstable to perform the duties in the right manner. His behavior is unacceptable, though, regardless of his job. It's unacceptable behavior for anyone. I'm just saying someone has to take a stand against these kinds of people being in any position of authority, as it is clearly not deserved!
Not So Shocked

Glasgow, KY

#18 Mar 17, 2013
friend wrote:
yeah yeah...holier than thou. Careful how you talk about other people...your child may make a bad choice too. How will you feel about it then?
I know..you would want your child to pay for it for the rest of his life too right? If you say yes you are a liar.
Yes, I am quite certain my children will make their share of mistakes. However, it's my job to look out for them for now. What kind of parent upholds ANYONE driving drunk? Hope you're not a parent! You obviously aren't concerned about the safety and wellbeing of anyone...
Not So Shocked

Glasgow, KY

#19 Mar 17, 2013
friend wrote:
yeah yeah...holier than thou. Careful how you talk about other people...your child may make a bad choice too. How will8 you feel about it then?
Oh, and if you plan to try to make anymore senseless arguments, perhaps learning a bit of correct grammar and punctuation will make it more effective. Haha!
so shocked

Knob Lick, KY

#20 Mar 17, 2013
Not So Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was a mistake, and yes, everyone makes them. BUT, there are also more people than not who go their entire lives without driving drunk. Something needs to be done about law enforcement officials being emloyed and trusted to protect and serve, when some are obviously far too mentally unstable to perform the duties in the right manner. His behavior is unacceptable, though, regardless of his job. It's unacceptable behavior for anyone. I'm just saying someone has to take a stand against these kinds of people being in any position of authority, as it is clearly not deserved!
Maybe we should implement a ban on alcohol? After all, there are untold thousands who die in alcohol related "accidents" each year! That is the idea of your reggin potus on guns...remove the problem not people!
Funny how a "stand" is called for in a simple dui story while the liberal faggetasses in d.c. are implementing their laws of control...with NO resistance. If YOU feel so strongly about this then you should be the FIRST to take a stand...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Khutra Duqquette 138,470
does dollar general drug test? (Nov '14) 28 min Real Time Pain Re... 39
Iso a house to rent 1 hr Honest123 2
Poll Do you think Anthony Barbour was mentally incap... 2 hr Wow 13
Federal Mogul 2 hr Not sure 2
Chad Hunt Caveland Church (Sep '08) 7 hr tough love 588
katrina craig(was caldweel & copass) (Sep '12) 7 hr Kailin Birge 24
Laynee Wallace body found May 30 Justice for Laynee 65
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]