Should Akebono go UNION ???
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#82 Oct 5, 2010
Management wrote:
<quoted text>If they get a union and go on strike, I am sure they will be looking for some temp help :) lol.
WHOS GOING TO TRAIN THE TEMPS? COME ON MANAGEMENT WE NOT THAT STUPID!WE TAKE CARE OF THINGS BEFORE STRIKE MANAGEMENT DONT WANT NO STRIKE!AND IF WE DO STIKE YOU DIDNT TELL THEM THAT THEY WOULD GET STRIKE PAY.DONT BE FOOLED PEOPLE OR SCARED OF MAMAGEMENT.
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#83 Oct 5, 2010
Management wrote:
<quoted text>If they get a union and go on strike, I am sure they will be looking for some temp help :) lol.
Hows going to train the temps? we know better than that management and we know that you dont want no strikes we not stupid.and you didnt tell them if we do strike that they would get strike pay while we are on strike.But we take care of things before we have to strike!
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#84 Oct 5, 2010
Management wrote:
Because you guys haven't figured it out yet. My name is not Michael and I do not work at Akebono.
<quoted text> "oh yeah" & "Strange to me".... Congratulations!... You have convinced me!
You have stated is your own theories about me, my background and who I am. You are entirely WRONG! You also have your theories about how unions work, companies work, and this dreamland of a job that you think a union will bring. If working with Akebobo sucks now, what makes you think it get any better with an union? Do you think Akebono is afraid of a union. What power does a union have except striking? You state that you want to be treated better. Try to explain what "better" is in legal terms in a union contract.
Do you think that just because the workers vote in a union, your management will all of a sudden repent? Chances are it will get worse because management will feel somewhat threatened and will have to prove that they are still the boss.
The only way you will get any results is to go on strike. How long can you go with out a paycheck? I don't think you are able to collect unemployment while striking. How much of a wage increase do you plan on getting to offset even one month of no income while you strike? I don't know what salaries are there, so lets assume you are a $15 per hour worker. In a one month strike you would loose $2,400.00.$2,400.00 divided by 52 weeks is ~$46.15 divided by 40 hours per week is a $1.15. Will you get the $1.15 per hour raise that you would need plus whatever your new union dues will be? This is just for you to break even in a one years time frame.
How long can Akebono with stand a strike? As you stated, they have much more money. They are also required by their customers to have a backup plan for production interruptions. Now take that same $1.15 per hour raise for each worker and multiply it by the number of workers you have and then 40 hours per week and then 52 weeks in a year. What is Akebono getting in return for this added investment? I think you would be surprised if you knew how relatively little money it takes to move a factory.
<quoted text>
I agree..
Who is more foolish? The fool? Or the guy who tries to hold an intelligent conversation with the fool?
The truth is management the unions work for the workers rights something management dont want the workers to know.under the currrent labor law that the workers are under now management can fire you at anytime or any reason and dont have to tell they why.But with the union you fall under a differnt labor laws the NLBA that gives you rights that management dont want you to know.Thats why management dont want the union,because with the unions they use the control they dont want that they dont want you to have rights.Dont be fooled or scared of management get the facts find out yourself if im telling you the truth i know the truth.
peace of mind

Glasgow, KY

#85 Oct 5, 2010
If it wasn't for the UNIONS! You wouldn't make the money or the bennies that you get now! you would be working for peanuts and not getting any time and a half for over time and NO bennies.... You think that your employer wants to give you a high rate of pay then he has too!Do you think he just likes you and wants to give you money? If it wasn't for the unions In this country fighting for better PAY and Better Benefits and Better working conditions and a safer work place for the workers! You all wouldn't have that good paying job that you have now, but a job that would be paying min wage with NO OVERTIME OR BENEFITS.... SO if you don't know what a UNION is really all about you shouldn't be running your MOUTHS!!!!!! And By the way unions also Help the Company with other things like TRaining programs for the workers
Fact

Glasgow, KY

#86 Oct 5, 2010
teamster wrote:
<quoted text>The truth is management the unions work for the workers rights something management don't want the workers to know.under the current labor law that the workers are under now management can fire you at anytime or any reason and dont have to tell they why.But with the union you fall under a differnt labor laws the NLBA that gives you rights that management dont want you to know.Thats why management dont want the union,because with the unions they use the control they dont want that they dont want you to have rights.Dont be fooled or scared of management get the facts find out yourself if im telling you the truth i know the truth.
We can definitely tell you are not Management as you can't even form a complete sentence. Glasgow has had three union facilities and they are either closed or on their way out! SKF and Johnson Controls both left for Mexico as they weren't going to pay Union wages. Dana is also leaving, even quicker, after they got a union. ETN lasted 30 years without a union and had some of the best wages in the area. Akebono will pull out so quick it would make your head swim! The facts above show what a union will do for you.
Fact

Glasgow, KY

#87 Oct 5, 2010
peace of mind wrote:
If it wasn't for the UNIONS! You wouldn't make the money or the bennies that you get now! you would be working for peanuts and not getting any time and a half for over time and NO bennies.... You think that your employer wants to give you a high rate of pay then he has too!Do you think he just likes you and wants to give you money? If it wasn't for the unions In this country fighting for better PAY and Better Benefits and Better working conditions and a safer work place for the workers! You all wouldn't have that good paying job that you have now, but a job that would be paying min wage with NO OVERTIME OR BENEFITS.... SO if you don't know what a UNION is really all about you shouldn't be running your MOUTHS!!!!!! And By the way unions also Help the Company with other things like TRaining programs for the workers
They sure helped Johnson Controls CLOSE 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. Your are right they sure helped the Company. Unions are down over 1 million MEMBERS so I guess at least a million people got smart and dropped the union BS.
peace of mind

Glasgow, KY

#88 Oct 5, 2010
a company complains saying that the unions are hurting them, That's because the company is saying that it is paying to much for labor but in realatity they are still making money but it may not be the higher profit that they want but a little less..... same product, same people, same place just more money and better conditions fou YOU! You should THANK UNION PEOPLE For FIGHTING for these Conditions fou YOU !!!!!! And thank them for Penions also ! Because if not you would be working till you DIE.... How would you like to work till you were 80 or so..... The unions fought for that to for there workers, why do you think that companies offer it, that is because they hope to keep the unions out so they can run there people the way they want.....
VOTE UNION YES
jelly

Glasgow, KY

#89 Oct 5, 2010
teamster wrote:
<quoted text>WHOS GOING TO TRAIN THE TEMPS? COME ON MANAGEMENT WE NOT THAT STUPID!WE TAKE CARE OF THINGS BEFORE STRIKE MANAGEMENT DONT WANT NO STRIKE!AND IF WE DO STIKE YOU DIDNT TELL THEM THAT THEY WOULD GET STRIKE PAY.DONT BE FOOLED PEOPLE OR SCARED OF MAMAGEMENT.
Strike pay?$40.00 dollars a week rather than a full pay check. NO thanks. Try dart they need it more than akebono.
peace of mind

Glasgow, KY

#90 Oct 5, 2010
The only reason a company closes and moves out is because they want cheaper labor well then will all go to Mexico.... But the realality is it will close do to POOR MANAGEMENT.... and management making way to much money and blaming it on the unions because the pay scale is too high.... BS there pay is much higher then the workers..... Was it GM that was paying 3.5 million to the workers or there management! Or flying to Florida on there jets just to play GOLF for lunch... Who got the money from the government.... NOT the UAW workers but rather the management in the way of Bonuses...
You people need a history lesson about unions and what there are really about! Up north where the unions are strong they make really good money and the factories are still in business and doing well!
Maybe you should work like you need the money and not try to screw your boss and just show up and collect your pay.... I think that is the problem here..... Try working and Taking PRIDE in what you do and don't blame it on something YOU know nothing about Like unions.... And Yes I am a union member and RETIRED UNION and drawing a nice PENION
peace of mind

Glasgow, KY

#91 Oct 5, 2010
A company that has contracts can't stay closed for long it cost them way to much money.... And if you don't sacrafice some you won't get ANY!
jelly

Glasgow, KY

#92 Oct 5, 2010
The world has changed havent you seen it yet. A union can not keep a company from going out. There once was a time for union labor but that time is over.
Total BS

Glasgow, KY

#93 Oct 5, 2010
peace of mind wrote:
a company complains saying that the unions are hurting them, That's because the company is saying that it is paying to much for labor but in realatity they are still making money but it may not be the higher profit that they want but a little less..... same product, same people, same place just more money and better conditions fou YOU! You should THANK UNION PEOPLE For FIGHTING for these Conditions fou YOU !!!!!! And thank them for Penions also ! Because if not you would be working till you DIE.... How would you like to work till you were 80 or so..... The unions fought for that to for there workers, why do you think that companies offer it, that is because they hope to keep the unions out so they can run there people the way they want.....
VOTE UNION YES
What have unions done for anyone in Glasgow except drive out Companies? Answer the reply from Fact!!!!
Total BS

Glasgow, KY

#94 Oct 5, 2010
peace of mind wrote:
The only reason a company closes and moves out is because they want cheaper labor well then will all go to Mexico.... But the realality is it will close do to POOR MANAGEMENT.... and management making way to much money and blaming it on the unions because the pay scale is too high.... BS there pay is much higher then the workers..... Was it GM that was paying 3.5 million to the workers or there management! Or flying to Florida on there jets just to play GOLF for lunch... Who got the money from the government.... NOT the UAW workers but rather the management in the way of Bonuses...
You people need a history lesson about unions and what there are really about! Up north where the unions are strong they make really good money and the factories are still in business and doing well!
Maybe you should work like you need the money and not try to screw your boss and just show up and collect your pay.... I think that is the problem here..... Try working and Taking PRIDE in what you do and don't blame it on something YOU know nothing about Like unions.... And Yes I am a union member and RETIRED UNION and drawing a nice PENION
The north is in worse shape than us!! Why is membership down over 1 MILLION members and most of that is up North. Keep you and your unions up North as we don't need either of you!!!!!!!
skull crusher

Glasgow, KY

#95 Oct 5, 2010
Ray Brown wants union....hates his supervisor and wife
Thanks

Glasgow, KY

#96 Oct 5, 2010
teamster wrote:
<quoted text>Hows going to train the temps? we know better than that management and we know that you dont want no strikes we not stupid.and you didnt tell them if we do strike that they would get strike pay while we are on strike.But we take care of things before we have to strike!
THANKS for all the help you gave us at Dana! I can't name one thing the union has done for any of us!?! Oh I forgot they do take from our checks!!
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#97 Oct 5, 2010
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
We can definitely tell you are not Management as you can't even form a complete sentence. Glasgow has had three union facilities and they are either closed or on their way out! SKF and Johnson Controls both left for Mexico as they weren't going to pay Union wages. Dana is also leaving, even quicker, after they got a union. ETN lasted 30 years without a union and had some of the best wages in the area. Akebono will pull out so quick it would make your head swim! The facts above show what a union will do for you.
Good let them go. they didn't have a job in the first place. We don't need companies in here preying on the poor, keeping them living from paycheck to paycheck.
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#98 Oct 5, 2010
jelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Strike pay?$40.00 dollars a week rather than a full pay check. NO thanks. Try dart they need it more than akebono.
40.00 you must be talking about what you make in a 12hr day out there.
LMAO

Elizabethtown, KY

#99 Oct 5, 2010
It takes 20 Union workers to support on Union retiree, they are not even close to be able to support themselves anymore. All the Union Doof's want is to get more paying into the Trust fund so they can raid it.
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#100 Oct 5, 2010
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
They sure helped Johnson Controls CLOSE 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. Your are right they sure helped the Company. Unions are down over 1 million MEMBERS so I guess at least a million people got smart and dropped the union BS.
What union are you talking about? The teamsters have 1.4 million alone. If you dont know what you are talking about stay out of it. Thanks.
teamster

Glasgow, KY

#101 Oct 5, 2010
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS for all the help you gave us at Dana! I can't name one thing the union has done for any of us!?! Oh I forgot they do take from our checks!!
Theres no helping a company trying to get rid of the union. They thought they come to glasgow and not be union. Well it didnt work so they are going to try somewhere else. They are union every other plant, why not here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 52 min ChromiuMan 158,171
stop tweeting 1 hr wrong 85
Big Baby 1 hr XMP 27
You missed a bunch kw 1 hr not kw 5
the election post on 2018 jailer removed 1 hr citizen 8
Brothel 2 hr Wild Bill 20
Kim Thomas Proffitt Burks 3 hr growup2 6

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages