First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“who reads the profiles?”

Since: Sep 08

Munfordville

#1 Oct 5, 2008
What kind of winter do you think this area will have.and why do you think that way?
just me

Horse Cave, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2008
i think its gonna be a bad one for a couple of reasons one is that we are due for one its been awhile and two its been to cold for this time of year how bout you?

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Oct 5, 2008
Well, according to the farmer's almanac this is going to be the coldest winter we've had in a long time.

I also saw a woolly worm the other day and it was solid black and I always herd black means hard winter
3 Finger Shuffle

Glasgow, KY

#4 Oct 5, 2008
overall, i believe this winter will be one of the worst weve had in awhile. the price of everything is going to be sk high like corn, gasoline and other neccesitys.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 6, 2008
vet 4 truth wrote:
Well, according to the farmer's almanac this is going to be the coldest winter we've had in a long time.
I also saw a woolly worm the other day and it was solid black and I always herd black means hard winter
We saw a woolly worm crossing the road as we went to church yesterday and were discussing this subject. My husband, too, stated that more black on the worm means a rough winter.
We just may be in store for one!
Be prepared

White House, TN

#7 Oct 6, 2008
There are alot more nuts, etc dropping from trees as well. The biggest hickory nuts and the most acorns I have seen in a while! The animals are stocking them away like wildfire! Mother nature has a way of warning us. I have learned when I am hunting...just pay attention to what is going on in the woods.

Munfordville

#9 Oct 6, 2008
I agree..we are due for a bad winter in this area. I have yet to see a wooly worm this year, but I have heard what the Farmers Almanac has to say. There is also a saying about the fogs in August equal the snows in December...we had a lot of fog in August. The temperature this summer has on average been cooler than in past years..The deer (bucks) are more in evidence..amybe an early rut...which might mark a bad winter..don't know.
But I think the biggest indicator that we are going to have a bad winter is the prices of everything...one more way we are gonna get slammed.
Get real

Glasgow, KY

#10 Oct 6, 2008
I believe it will be like other winters around here over the last several years. Coldest in Jan and Feb and we will get a total of about 1 to 2 inches of snow for the whole winter....
hoping for snow

AOL

#11 Oct 6, 2008
I hope we have at least one huge snow.My kids have never seent he kind of snow I had when I was a kid.I can remember missing weeks at a time for snow.Kids have never seen that around here.I don't really like the cold weather,,,,but it would be nice..just one big snow!!!!!!!!!!
Its Funny how people freak out about a small snow.We never used to thing anything about driving in snow.If it was lower than out bumpers no problem.
Ready for winter

Glasgow, KY

#12 Oct 6, 2008
A couple of months ago, there was something in the Daily Times about this. It showed part of the Farmers Almanac. It told when it was going to snow and it totalled up to be 24 inches of snow. Some were as much as 6 inches at a time. I cut the clipping out but I lost it. I was wanting to see if it snowed on the days that it had stated. I guess we will see soon.
Get real

Glasgow, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2008
I think we all would like to see a big snow fall total for this year, but alas, I just don't see it happening at all.

Munfordville

#14 Oct 6, 2008
Ready: you can probably still buy a copy of the Farmers Almanac.
I know we will all just have to wait and see...and deal with whatever mother nature throws at us.
Jennie

Glasgow, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2008
THE OLD FARMERS 2009 ALMANAC

Nov 2008 1st-6th sunny, seasonable,
7th-10th rain & snow, then sunny,chilly
11th-17th showers,warm,
18th-22nd sunny,mild
23rd-30th rain to snow,then snow showers & cold

December 1st mild
2nd-6th snow,then snow showers,chilly
7th-16th snow showers, very cold
17th-20th snow,then sunny, seasonable
21st-24th snow showers,very cold
25th-31st snow, then sunny, mild

Jan 2009 1st-4th rain to snow, then sunny,cold
5th-8th snowstorm,then sunny,very cold
9th-12th sunny,mild
13th- 16th rain and snow, then sunny, warm
17th-19th rain then sunny, mild
20th-22nd snow showers, cold
23rd-26th showers,mild
27th-28th sunny
29th-31st rain to snow

Feb 1st-5th snow, then sunny,cold
6th-11th snow showers,seasonable
12th-17th rain, then snow showers,cold
18th-22nd snow,then flurries,cold
23rd-26th showers,mild
27th-28th sunny,warm

March 1st-2nd heavy rain,warm
3rd-5th rain, then snow showers,chilly
6th-9th rain,then sunny,mild
10th-14th rain and snow showers, chilly
15th-18th sunny, turning warm
19th-25th snow showers,cold
26th-28th thunderstorms,then sunny, chilly
29th-31st thunderstorms,warm

April 1st-3rd sunny,cool
4th-10th scattered showers,warm
11th-15th thunderstorms,warm
16th-19th sunny,seasonable
20th-22nd thunderstorms,warm
23rd-30th sunny,warm

DICK FRYMIRE'S 43RD ANNUAL PREDICTION FOR THE WINTER OF 2008-2009 IN THE OHIO VALLEY AND PARTS OF THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY

Oct 8th 2009 - Light frost
16th - Killing Frost

Nov 6th - Flurries
13th - Flurries
20th- Tracking Snow
25th - 1 inch snow
30th - 1 inch snow

Dec 7th - 2 inch snow
23rd - 1 inch snow

Jan 7th - Feb 7th Very cold
Jan 15th 6 inch snow
Jan 16th Coldest day 12 degrees
Jan 23rd 5 inch snow
Jan 29th 3 inch snow & sleet
Feb 2nd 1 inch snow
Feb 22nd 2 inch snow
Feb 25th First Robin
March 8th Flurries
March 20th 1 inch snow
March 29th 68 degrees
April 2nd Last snow flurries

With each date, gie or take 2 days. Also if heavy fog comes in before nightfall and lingers until 11pm on any of the first 10 days of January, winter will be worse than anticipated.

Munfordville

#16 Oct 6, 2008
Thanks Jennie, that was very kind of you to take the time to write all that for us...I find that kind of stuff fascinating...(yeah I know I lead such an exciting life)
ask me if I care

Glasgow, KY

#17 Oct 7, 2008
I hope we have a good freeze this winter and maybe kill some of these damn bugs and viruses out I've been more sick with the bronchitis and allergies this year than i've been in a long while

Munfordville

#18 Oct 7, 2008
yes we do need a good freeze.
joehannah

Millsboro, DE

#19 Nov 8, 2008
I was also told that we are going to have a bad winter. I also saw a willie worm and it was black. My grandfather always told me that the darker the worm the worst the winter was going to be. He also told me the day the first snow falls on was how many measurable snows we would have for that year. I don't mind the snow, I just don't want the ice like in 04!
Aqua

Horse Cave, KY

#20 Nov 8, 2008
joehannah wrote:
I was also told that we are going to have a bad winter. I also saw a willie worm and it was black. My grandfather always told me that the darker the worm the worst the winter was going to be. He also told me the day the first snow falls on was how many measurable snows we would have for that year. I don't mind the snow, I just don't want the ice like in 04!
So if the first snow comes on the 25th, then we will have 25 measurable snows?
I'm afraid that due to global warming the days of a good deep snow are over. That's too bad because some of my fondest childhood memories are those when we would get together with friends and go sledding, build snowmen and forts and have snowball fights all day and then go inside and have hot chocolate and homemade vegetable soup. That was so much fun and I wish kids today could experience that.
jackfrost

Glasgow, KY

#21 Nov 8, 2008
i hope it comes a hard cold winter ,t needs to kill out all these frickin bugs.i got attacked by turkey mites this year and i know its because of the weather .bugs are bad!!
Yoooo

Glasgow, KY

#22 Nov 8, 2008
NO SCHOOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Mickey402 158,085
Big Bye 31 min He will burn 35
Another Word Game. (Nov '08) 59 min another 2,823
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 1 hr another 943
Word Association (Jun '08) 1 hr another 5,632
55 year old drunk threatens sidelines staff wit... 2 hr Thank You 14
Pathetic pos 2 hr Bahahahahaha 3

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages