Book Club in Glasgow
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#1 Dec 5, 2012
Anyone interested in joining a book club in Glasgow? We could meet twice a week at a local restaurant or cafe. The group would make suggestions and vote on which book to read each month. Let me know if you're interested!
wow

Glasgow, KY

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Tara wrote:
Anyone interested in joining a book club in Glasgow? We could meet twice a week at a local restaurant or cafe. The group would make suggestions and vote on which book to read each month. Let me know if you're interested!
You really think there are that many people that read for pleasure? I seriously bet there are less than 50 people in this entire town that read regularly for pleasure.
Newcomer

Glasgow, KY

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Wow - you're wrong. I read at least two books a week on a Kindle.
Reader

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Dec 5, 2012
There are already at least two if not 3 book clubs at the library. One meets in the morning and one in the evening, not sure if the third one is still meeting.
wow

Glasgow, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2012
Newcomer wrote:
Wow - you're wrong. I read at least two books a week on a Kindle.
Really? So far you make a total of ONE.

And I don't count trashy romance as reading books (ie: Danielle Steele, etc).
Mark Twain

Glasgow, KY

#6 Dec 5, 2012
I like to read- but I wouldn't join a club.

A book club in Glasgow? Might as well start an etiquette club in a prison...
word

Glasgow, KY

#8 Dec 6, 2012
I think a book club is a great idea Tara.
I read

Glasgow, KY

#9 Dec 6, 2012
I read many books, but I wouldn't be interested in being in a Club. I buy books I read about or hear about I would be interested in. I hope you have good luck in finding enough people to have an enjoyable Club.
siren

United States

#10 Dec 6, 2012
I think it's a great idea
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Okay siren, newcomer, and word. Are you in? I'd love to meet some people to talk about books with. How about Saturday, January 5th? What book should we read?
siren

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Tara wrote:
Okay siren, newcomer, and word. Are you in? I'd love to meet some people to talk about books with. How about Saturday, January 5th? What book should we read?
I'm in. How about J.K. Rowling's new book? It's called The Casual Vacancy. I just picked it up the other day and haven't opened it yet. It's her first adult book, might be a good read. Not only could we discuss the book, but we could compare and contrast how well she made the transition from children to adult audiences.
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 7, 2012
siren wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in. How about J.K. Rowling's new book? It's called The Casual Vacancy. I just picked it up the other day and haven't opened it yet. It's her first adult book, might be a good read. Not only could we discuss the book, but we could compare and contrast how well she made the transition from children to adult audiences.
Alright! I'll get it at the library this week. Where should we meet? Mojoe's Coffee Shop on West Main St? Anyone that's interested is invited, I'll post another thing when we nail down the details.
siren

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2012
that sounds good to me!
townfolk

Glasgow, KY

#16 Dec 7, 2012
siren wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent book choice. I read it in about 2 days. Could hardly put it down. I was spell bound after reading just the first chapter.
word

Glasgow, KY

#17 Dec 7, 2012
What about at the Fine Arts Bistro?
Just sayin

Duluth, GA

#18 Dec 7, 2012
I have heard mixed reviews about that book. I thought it sounded good, but was told it was just ok. I'm looking forward to reading it so I can say for myself.
siren

United States

#19 Dec 8, 2012
I'm excited to start reading it. I grew up (literally lol) with Rowling's Harry Potter series. It's been years since I've read something new by her, and being geared towards adults makes it even better lol. Guess we shall see! No spoilers though yall! Oh, and Tara- idk if the library has more than one copy, hopefully they do. I have it checked out right now, so if you cant get one let me know and I'll hurry up and turn it back in lol
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#20 Dec 8, 2012
siren wrote:
I'm excited to start reading it. I grew up (literally lol) with Rowling's Harry Potter series. It's been years since I've read something new by her, and being geared towards adults makes it even better lol. Guess we shall see! No spoilers though yall! Oh, and Tara- idk if the library has more than one copy, hopefully they do. I have it checked out right now, so if you cant get one let me know and I'll hurry up and turn it back in lol
Thanks siren, but I'm in Edmonton, so I've got the metcalfe county library.
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#21 Dec 8, 2012
townfolk wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent book choice. I read it in about 2 days. Could hardly put it down. I was spell bound after reading just the first chapter.
Join our club! You can discuss everything you liked about this book and then help us pick another! Or we could take turns, and each month someone else would get to pick the book.
Tara

Glasgow, KY

#22 Dec 8, 2012
word wrote:
What about at the Fine Arts Bistro?
Is that a restaurant? My concern about doing it at a restaurant is that it's harder to linger for awhile, plus you have to order a meal to make it worth the table you are taking up. Maybe we could go there afterwards if everyone feels like grabbing a bite?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bangin green & white here 1 hr glasgowarea 1
last post wins!! (Sep '12) 1 hr Ghost---Hider 12
looking for a home 1 hr donna 3
Becky Jones Rentals 2 hr former renter 3
Quenton Riddle 2 hr Stfu 8
Slave 2 hr Simon 6
New to town 2 hr Guidance 7
NHC Administration 2 hr Partner 90
Matthew Vaughn 4 hr wow 5
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) 16 hr Love Hurts 1,224
Police Chief??? Aug 25 Knowallaboutit 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages