minors and tattoos
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
froggie101

Scottsville, KY

#21 Sep 14, 2008
glasgows famoust wrote:
im 17 and have two tattoo's.
a rose on my ankle
and angel wings on my back is anyone saying im a bad person or my mother is a bad person for signing for me.
or Zack at west main is a bad person for inking me.
on another post you said you was 21 so which is it 21 or 17 you need to make up your mind, are you trying to get some one in trouble. check the post looking for a playmate.
whose to say

Glasgow, KY

#22 Sep 14, 2008
SMO wrote:
what's the deal
If there parents sign for it no biggie.It's there body and they'll be the one wearing it and regretting everyday they got it!
Jeremy

Glasgow, KY

#23 Sep 14, 2008
There isn't anything wrong with it. If my son wanted one I would sign for him. They will get it one way or another so might as well sign for them.

“people love to talk bout me!”

Since: Sep 08

Bakersfield

#24 Sep 15, 2008
froggie101 wrote:
<quoted text>on another post you said you was 21 so which is it 21 or 17 you need to make up your mind, are you trying to get some one in trouble. check the post looking for a playmate.
the playmate topic was my friend ashley not me
ink it

Glasgow, KY

#25 Sep 17, 2008
the one diffrence between people with tattoos and people with out them is. people with tattoos are way more cooler and more likely to kick ur a$$! haha

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#26 Sep 17, 2008
yes wrote:
yes they can. They have to be 16 and have picture ID confirming their age and then they can get inked as long as their parents sign and have the permission form notarized.
That is supposed to be the law. Children shouldnt get tattoos. My step daughter wanted a name when she was younger. Now she would have regretted it in my opinion.
Melissa

Glasgow, KY

#27 Sep 17, 2008
oh how I would love to comment....but I won't...all I will say...is this....the only thing diffrent between a person with tattoos and a person without tattoos is the diffrence in things they may both possibly regret.....yep...thats all
its stupid

Cave City, KY

#28 Sep 17, 2008
i mena. why would you want to get a tattoo anyways.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#29 Sep 18, 2008
its stupid wrote:
i mena. why would you want to get a tattoo anyways.
Something to make you different from tohers. To remember someone special. They are beautiful art. It is to each their own.
ink it

Glasgow, KY

#30 Sep 18, 2008
Melissa wrote:
oh how I would love to comment....but I won't...all I will say...is this....the only thing diffrent between a person with tattoos and a person without tattoos is the diffrence in things they may both possibly regret.....yep...thats all
it was a joke .. haha laugh dumba$$ dont try to make a point out of it!
Logical Thought

Glasgow, KY

#31 Sep 18, 2008
I remember being a little kid, looking at the anchor on my great uncle's arm and wishing I was old enough to have a tat as well. I remember my dad laying the law early and stating that as long as I lived under his roof, I'd have nothing branded on me, but if I so chose when I got out on my own it would be fine with him. I respected that, because it is only when one is on there own that they truly know who they are and what fits them. I'm now 27, still don't have a tattoo...not because I'm against them, but because I have yet to find something I feel I could live with forever.

I do believe this "parental consent" is bologna. Sure, I could have rebelled against my parents, but I knew well and good that my dad was a man of his word and would have set me out to find out what life is like on my own. Parents do have the right to lay down the law, and while I mean no ill will towards anyone under 18 that has a tattoo, nor any parent who has signed for their child, I can't help but ask...if the law said you're child could go to war at 16 with your consent, would you agree to send them? If they could buy alcohol legally at 19 by showing your signature, would you be the one to let them loose on the road? Either the law needs to say that 16 is the limit, or they need to do enforce 18 as is, but the whole parental signing is ignorant in my opinion. No person is wrong for their choices, nor am I implying that it makes you bad parents. Just try not to use the lame excuse they'd do it anyway, you are their parents and you have every right to lay down the law. Parents don't seem to do that anymore.
Melissa

Glasgow, KY

#32 Sep 20, 2008
ink it....not a dumba$$ thank you....personal experience speaks....nothing to laugh at
info

Glasgow, KY

#33 Sep 20, 2008
Logical Thought wrote:
I remember being a little kid, looking at the anchor on my great uncle's arm and wishing I was old enough to have a tat as well. I remember my dad laying the law early and stating that as long as I lived under his roof, I'd have nothing branded on me, but if I so chose when I got out on my own it would be fine with him. I respected that, because it is only when one is on there own that they truly know who they are and what fits them. I'm now 27, still don't have a tattoo...not because I'm against them, but because I have yet to find something I feel I could live with forever.
I do believe this "parental consent" is bologna. Sure, I could have rebelled against my parents, but I knew well and good that my dad was a man of his word and would have set me out to find out what life is like on my own. Parents do have the right to lay down the law, and while I mean no ill will towards anyone under 18 that has a tattoo, nor any parent who has signed for their child, I can't help but ask...if the law said you're child could go to war at 16 with your consent, would you agree to send them? If they could buy alcohol legally at 19 by showing your signature, would you be the one to let them loose on the road? Either the law needs to say that 16 is the limit, or they need to do enforce 18 as is, but the whole parental signing is ignorant in my opinion. No person is wrong for their choices, nor am I implying that it makes you bad parents. Just try not to use the lame excuse they'd do it anyway, you are their parents and you have every right to lay down the law. Parents don't seem to do that anymore.
apparently you don't have children!!!! And another thing......at the age of 18 you can go fight for your country but.....you can't buy a beer? Should we raise the age to fight for our country 21?
Logical Thought

Glasgow, KY

#34 Sep 20, 2008
info wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently you don't have children!!!! And another thing......at the age of 18 you can go fight for your country but.....you can't buy a beer? Should we raise the age to fight for our country 21?
Sorry, but you are wrong, I do have a daughter, who is my world, but when I lay down the law, she knows I mean it. Just because you have no control in your household does not mean that you couldn't.

And as to the alcohol age, I'm all for what many colleges are trying to get passed right now...I agree the drinking age should be lowered to 18. The only reason it isn't now is because a generation of bible thumpers sought to have it raised back in the early 70's.
yeah

Glasgow, KY

#35 Sep 20, 2008
Parent wrote:
let me tell you one thing...my son was 16 when he got his first tattoo and I went with him and signed. I wanted to be there and make sure he got something tasteful and could be hidden so it wouldn't effect a job down the line. I figured if I didn't he could rebel and go get someone to sign for him and get something evil looking. Some may think this is a sin but my son and I have a very open relationship. We are a close loving family. We were strict with who he ran with and he was raised in church and a born again Christian. Now if you want to preach to me about this being a sin be careful. Especially if you have children. Never say I won't because you probably will. Never stay they won't because they probably will. I am very proud of the way our son has turned out. He is a fine Christian Military person. A Veteran of Iraq. And yes he now has MANY tattoo's. Big deal!!!!
Well it is in the bible about not having our bodies marked up.

I have children and I will not say that they won't do this or they won't do that, but I can tell and teach them right from wrong and how we believe and if they depart from that when they get older then that will be on them and not on me.
Gary

Laramie, WY

#36 Oct 16, 2008
I am 16 and got my tattoo without parent signature and i am happy with the results. My dad and mom like my tattoo and really as long as you know what you want or have an idea it shouldnt matter because of the fact that if the tattoo artist is actually good they talk to you and draw out the tattoo out before you get it so the person getting the tattoo knows what they are in for.
tattedup

Glasgow, KY

#37 Oct 16, 2008
I got my first tattoo when i was 15. i have a total of 8 now and i didnt have to have a parent sign, because my cousin owned the shope. all my parents had to do was call and say ok. i had to sign paper work. and since i've been of age, i havent gotten one. i got all mine within a year and a half. i dont see a damn thing wrong with them, but if you dont know the tattoo artist, and your child is a minor, the parents should have to sign. what if your child was allergic to the ink or had a really bad reaction, the tattoo shop would be held liable, obviously down here they really dont think about that.
honkeygirl

Lexington, KY

#38 Oct 16, 2008
If a minor wants a tat bad enough, he/she will get it without a parents signature. There are ways around it. However, if my child wanted one..I would ask them to wait until they are 18, if they still want one then..then they can get it. It isn't going to hurt them to wait a few more years, that gives them time to decide what they want..and also the chance to change their mind.
Sidney Spain

Greenville, NC

#39 Oct 17, 2008
Im 16 and I have two tattoos myself..... My mother didnt want me to get them.... So I told her I would get them where they arent visible....
I was 14 when I got my first one,(Mickey Mouse on my hip....) She was kinda upset cause I got it but she realized that it wasn't visible, like I said... Then last year I got Donald Duck on my butt...LOL She hated that one but it was my choice.... And when I get older, and I dont want them anymore... I can just put foundation on them....
huh uh

Glasgow, KY

#40 Oct 18, 2008
"tattedup
Glasgow, KY Reply ยป
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#37 Thursday
I got my first tattoo when i was 15. i have a total of 8 now and i didnt have to have a parent sign, because my cousin owned the shope. all my parents had to do was call and say ok. i had to sign paper work. and since i've been of age, i havent gotten one. i got all mine within a year and a half. i dont see a damn thing wrong with them, but if you dont know the tattoo artist, and your child is a minor, the parents should have to sign. what if your child was allergic to the ink or had a really bad reaction, the tattoo shop would be held liable, obviously down here they really dont think about that."

--actually, when you get a tattoo in shop, you sign a waiver/release to not hold the tattoo shop liable if you happen to be allergic to ink pigment or if you happen to get infected, as long as it can't be traced back to the shop via health dept. tests, it's all on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burton 14 min Barren county cit... 1
Kathryn Thomas and Gabe Pendleton 46 min Over It 12
trump! trump! trump! 1 hr Diamond Dixie 165
chat line for older,older people. (Oct '08) 2 hr timmyd213 7
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 424
Looking.... (Oct '15) 2 hr timmyd213 44
straight men that wear panties (May '09) 3 hr Nope 116
Michael Haines passes away 14 hr Class of 97 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages