First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Glasgow Native

Kingsport, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2011
The daily times reports that Chris Steward is bringing up problems with people buying toilet paper from a supplier, if they pay for it with their own money thats between the supplier and the purchaser. He's wasting time and tax money speaking on that subject, got to be more items that would be relevant than this. Seems like he just likes his name in print. Hope for the sake and sanity of the citizens of Glasgow he does not get any votes the next time. How would vote for this guy anyway after this. Nuts??
Eat a Stick

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2011
Chris Steward is sticking up for the taxpayer. Maybe if you had a job, instead of cashing a welfare check and running your trap, you'd appreciate his efforts.
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2011
What matters is the people your referring to is using tax payer dollars to buy something that possibly can be purchased at a cheaper rate. Someone is probably padding their wallet at our expense. Let tighten our belts America !
old man

Decorah, IA

#4 Mar 17, 2011
curious wrote:
What matters is the people your referring to is using tax payer dollars to buy something that possibly can be purchased at a cheaper rate. Someone is probably padding their wallet at our expense. Let tighten our belts America !
This is re most stupid thing I ever heard , if they are buying the toilet paper with their own money and the co wants to sell it, so what business is it of Mr. Stewart's , I am sure he could put his time to better use. To me he is just wanting to always trying to start trouble. Just do something constructive Mr Stewart.
Raunchy Ray

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2011
old man wrote:
<quoted text>This is re most stupid thing I ever heard , if they are buying the toilet paper with their own money and the co wants to sell it, so what business is it of Mr. Stewart's , I am sure he could put his time to better use. To me he is just wanting to always trying to start trouble. Just do something constructive Mr Stewart.
As a member of the Fiscal Court it is his JOB to defend the taxpayer's money!
afraid of him

Horse Cave, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2011
Raunchy Ray wrote:
<quoted text>As a member of the Fiscal Court it is his JOB to defend the taxpayer's money!
yeah! this good old wife-beater ex-church of christ preacher is a very unforgiving sob watch out what you say about him-- he gets even9824
follower

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 17, 2011
This has nothing, repeat nothing, to do with taxpayer money. Nowhere did it state that taxpayers money was used to buy goods for individuals, never happened. It stated individuals got goods from the supplier for a cheaper rate that they then paid for in cash. If Kenway wants to sell it to individuals for that rate, that's their business as long as it doesn't affect public monies or the rate paid by a public entity. If there are no bigger matters or pressing issues that the dentist from Cave City thinks needs addressing than transactions between an individual and a private business, then god help us. Is it too late to see if hart county will annex them, the rest of the county doesn't need this bs.
WTC

Edmonton, KY

#8 Mar 17, 2011
REREAD the article... the COMPANY that sells the TP..states that NO PRIVATE sells for individuals. He was giving Mutter the RULES from tha company! Educate yourselves a small bit, by reading and not looking at only pictures....lol!
Bambi

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Mar 17, 2011
ALL STEWART IS IS A TROUBLE MAKER. iSN'T HE BEING INVESTIGATED HIS SELF BY THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT????
Just saying

United States

#10 Mar 17, 2011
WTC wrote:
REREAD the article... the COMPANY that sells the TP..states that NO PRIVATE sells for individuals. He was giving Mutter the RULES from tha company! Educate yourselves a small bit, by reading and not looking at only pictures....lol!
I read the article, when Bean made the order and paid for it in cash (assuming it was his own cash) that was against Kenways policy. How is that a problem for the fiscal court. Does Steward have a vested interest in Kenway? What kind of person spends endless time going over trivial paperwork to find such an item? This time should be spent in more productive ways. Maybe he should go to work for Kenway Distributors as an auditor. This stuff is about as fun as having a root canal, oh he is a dentist, forgot.
LOL

United States

#11 Mar 17, 2011
Eat a Stick wrote:
Chris Steward is sticking up for the taxpayer. Maybe if you had a job, instead of cashing a welfare check and running your trap, you'd appreciate his efforts.
Is that the best you got. Hope you dont vote. LOL
Scorpio

Cub Run, KY

#12 Mar 17, 2011
WTC wrote:
You REREAD the article..somebody from the company was selling it to the individuals..and did'nt seem to have a problem with it until Stewey brought it up.There was no taxpayers money being spent,what's the big deal..THE BIG DEAL IS...That Stewey wants attention any way he can get it.Has everyone forgotten he got in trouble for medicaid fraud years ago,trust me the man has'nt changed.I worked in a place that he goes often,he is not the nice guy you think he is.Just sayin..
old man

Decorah, IA

#13 Mar 17, 2011
Eat a Stick wrote:
And just how is this sticking up for the people of Barren co , no county money was involved .was a transaction between an individual and the supplies with was a cash transaction. just what business was it of Mr. Stewart's of anyone else.Don't need a job been retired many years , never drawn any kind of welfare check in my life.
alrighty then

Glasgow, KY

#14 Mar 17, 2011
Bambi wrote:
ALL STEWART IS IS A TROUBLE MAKER. iSN'T HE BEING INVESTIGATED HIS SELF BY THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT????
well he fits right in,dont u think..
bottom line

Cave City, KY

#15 Mar 18, 2011
The company does not allow this to go on aganist their policy. The guy delivering for the company was cutting his own deal with the person at the jail. Next time it will be something else beside toliet paper. Someone could could get kickbacks from companys for directing business to them like perks and discounted items for whatever business their in. Its Stewart and the fiscal court job to watch out for this. Mutter job to oversee this. There is more to being a jailer than locking someone up.
taxpayer

Glasgow, KY

#16 Mar 18, 2011
I beleive the jail would be tax exempt on these items, so unless the company was billing Bean completely separate then he was getting this tax break. That is wrong in my opinion.
opinion

Glasgow, KY

#17 Mar 18, 2011
The issue is that a county employee used his position for his personal gain. That is unethical. This should have been turned over the the Ethics Commission for investigation rather than the way it was handled. It is likely that there are other things of this nature going on that should be exposed and stopped.
follower

United States

#18 Mar 18, 2011
taxpayer wrote:
I beleive the jail would be tax exempt on these items, so unless the company was billing Bean completely separate then he was getting this tax break. That is wrong in my opinion.
Correct, and this needs to be addressed, but with Kenway as they would be the one in violation if they are making tax free sales to someone who doesn't have a resale or tax free certificate. That is a matter for sales tax division of state to deal with, not fiscal court.
follower

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2011
bottom line wrote:
The company does not allow this to go on aganist their policy. The guy delivering for the company was cutting his own deal with the person at the jail. Next time it will be something else beside toliet paper. Someone could could get kickbacks from companys for directing business to them like perks and discounted items for whatever business their in. Its Stewart and the fiscal court job to watch out for this. Mutter job to oversee this. There is more to being a jailer than locking someone up.
If there is evidence of kickbacks, then it is a matter for the fiscal court, but just because something could happen, it isn't. Inmates "could" go to a certain dentists house and mow his yard for free, or materials "could" be diverted from any government agency for personal use or gain, but unless there is evidence pointing to kickbacks, that is a big leap, it doesn't exist. Not a fiscal court matter unless some official impropriety took place and it isn't there, at least not with any of the documents shown.
Bravo

Glasgow, KY

#20 Mar 18, 2011
Bambi wrote:
If he isn't, he definitely should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min HistoricallySpeaking 134,294
Ricky Lyons 38 min shocked 1
Roseville Rd Accident 1 hr Neighbor 11
Do you feel like stupid people are taking over? (Sep '08) 2 hr Carolinn 48
Jonathan Isenberg 3 hr stop rescuing 4
Any weed in City centre? 4 hr watcher 2
Ron Kirby & Ashley west 11 hr Ronda 7
Gas station robbery Glasgow KY Sat Hunter 5
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Fri lilwillie 1,136

Flood Warning for Barren County was issued at March 01 at 3:07PM EST

Glasgow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 am PST

NBC Sports 9:17AM
Michael Roos announces retirement