where2start

Glasgow, KY

#1 Oct 5, 2009
Where would you start if you wanted to adopt a baby girl? I'm new at this and don't have alot of money to put up for all the fees but I do have money to raise a child. Some have told me private adoption is best, find a girl whose pregnat and try to adopt like that. How do you get in contact with a girl like that? Any advice, help, stories are appreciated!
new to Glasgow

Glasgow, KY

#2 Oct 6, 2009
where2start wrote:
Where would you start if you wanted to adopt a baby girl? I'm new at this and don't have alot of money to put up for all the fees but I do have money to raise a child. Some have told me private adoption is best, find a girl whose pregnat and try to adopt like that. How do you get in contact with a girl like that? Any advice, help, stories are appreciated!
Are you wanting to adopt only an infant, and not an older child? If you would only consider an infant, I have known people who go through Catholic Charities but I do not know the costs, etc. There are costs with an adoption even if you do it yourself. There are still legal fees. If I was you, I would only go through an agency. I would not pick a pregnant girl off the street. There are too many issues that can come up and you need an agency to handle the legal side. Especially if you don't have the money to hire an attorney to do all the legal paperwork that is required.
No Doubt

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2009
new to Glasgow wrote:
<quoted text>Are you wanting to adopt only an infant, and not an older child? If you would only consider an infant, I have known people who go through Catholic Charities but I do not know the costs, etc. There are costs with an adoption even if you do it yourself. There are still legal fees. If I was you, I would only go through an agency. I would not pick a pregnant girl off the street. There are too many issues that can come up and you need an agency to handle the legal side. Especially if you don't have the money to hire an attorney to do all the legal paperwork that is required.
Thanks for the info.
We do have money for legal fees not hiring a lawyer is NOT an option for us!
Were praying about this and know that God is in control and will open the doors if it is to be.
Thanks again for all the help.
adoptive mom of 3

Edmonton, KY

#4 Dec 22, 2009
Unless you have lots of money, you will wait a long, long time to adopt an infant in the United States. We were on a list for 5 years with an attorney who is known for helping girls with getting their babies good homes. We received only one call from that attorney in those 5 years, and that was after we had adopted three children through social services. Our three adoptions didn't cost us one penny; the state reimbursed us for attorney fees! Our children come from abusive and neglectful homes and have some problems because of what they endured, so they are not "perfect." But what I learned during my quest with infertility is that I needed to think about why I wanted to become a parent. Was it for me and my own social status, or was it to love a child and help that child grow and succeed in the world? When I realized God's plan was for me to love children nobody else loved, the decision to adopt out of foster care was an easy one--one that I've never regretted!
amen

Glasgow, KY

#5 Dec 22, 2009
adoptive mom of 3 wrote:
Unless you have lots of money, you will wait a long, long time to adopt an infant in the United States. We were on a list for 5 years with an attorney who is known for helping girls with getting their babies good homes. We received only one call from that attorney in those 5 years, and that was after we had adopted three children through social services. Our three adoptions didn't cost us one penny; the state reimbursed us for attorney fees! Our children come from abusive and neglectful homes and have some problems because of what they endured, so they are not "perfect." But what I learned during my quest with infertility is that I needed to think about why I wanted to become a parent. Was it for me and my own social status, or was it to love a child and help that child grow and succeed in the world? When I realized God's plan was for me to love children nobody else loved, the decision to adopt out of foster care was an easy one--one that I've never regretted!
God bless you. That's a wonderful thing you have done for those children.
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE

Lexington, KY

#6 Dec 22, 2009
I just recently adopted(kinda) a kid in an African province that I can't recall. Anyway for $10 a month I get some cool ass pics of this kid . I sent some back to him of me standing by my new corvette. I'm gonna take one later tonight with my Christmas tree all lit up and presents piled around it. I do this every December for a different kid over there. I could afford to pay all year but I don't want them to get attached. They may start thinking they could move over here or something. I wouldn't mind the kid that much being here, just those flies that always seem to follow them, I couldn't handle that.
adoptive mom of 3

Edmonton, KY

#7 Dec 22, 2009
You're a jerk. You think you're so funny, but you're just being an insensitive idiot. Going through infertility is no laughing matter. If you don't have something helpful to say, then just don't say anything at all. Most people have no idea how it feels to want to be a parent but be unable to make a biological child. It already hurts enough without people ridiculing and making light of the situation.
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE wrote:
I just recently adopted(kinda) a kid in an African province that I can't recall. Anyway for $10 a month I get some cool ass pics of this kid . I sent some back to him of me standing by my new corvette. I'm gonna take one later tonight with my Christmas tree all lit up and presents piled around it. I do this every December for a different kid over there. I could afford to pay all year but I don't want them to get attached. They may start thinking they could move over here or something. I wouldn't mind the kid that much being here, just those flies that always seem to follow them, I couldn't handle that.
Heres yer sign

Glasgow, KY

#8 Dec 23, 2009
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE wrote:
I just recently adopted(kinda) a kid in an African province that I can't recall. Anyway for $10 a month I get some cool ass pics of this kid . I sent some back to him of me standing by my new corvette. I'm gonna take one later tonight with my Christmas tree all lit up and presents piled around it. I do this every December for a different kid over there. I could afford to pay all year but I don't want them to get attached. They may start thinking they could move over here or something. I wouldn't mind the kid that much being here, just those flies that always seem to follow them, I couldn't handle that.
i bet you came from africa and brought a few flies with you!!!
aLL aBoUt AwEsOmE

Lexington, KY

#9 Dec 24, 2009
Try the other brother.
someone that knows

Glasgow, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2010
here is my advice u had better find a girl that aint wantin to use u cause i did that she was gonna let me adopt her baby she had him 5 weeks to early he was in the hosptial for 2 weeks the day after he came home i had to work and she packed up and took off and took him with he. be very carefully
someone that knows

Glasgow, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2010
i agree so much with u. i would love to have a child of my own. i just cant and people r stupid when it comes to there children. they want to scream at them and every thing. if they set down and thought bout what would they do if they couldnt have there children. more than likely they will be just like me wantin a baby so bad that it hurts deep down inside u
yesterday

Glasgow, KY

#12 Feb 2, 2010
,,,,,,someimes u cant pick...girl,boy......infants are hard to get unless you wait a long time///special needs and groups faster....U need a lawyer.If cant afford a lawyer dont do it/be a foster mom or volunteer .Go see social services and they will lead u too the right direction.U need special classes before adoption.Takes a while to do all the paperwork.I did it many years ago and my little angel inherited some real bad issues that we are curently dealing with today....I wouldnt wish it on anybody.Cant predict how they will grow up and whom they might inherit tendencies from...Real Sad ...done the best i could but not good enough obviously. A real eye opener.I wouldnt do it again if I knew what i know now.A lot to ponder before u jump.
foster care

Glasgow, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2010
If you are really serious about adoption you should start with foster care.This way you find out if your really ready to be a parent.Once you have established yourself as a good foster parent,you will be first on the list to foster a infant,which often leads to adoption by the foster parent.
What I am saying is don't jump in the ocean without a life jacket.make sure parenting is for you.There is no shame in living a life without children.Personally I love kids.I have 2 of my own,and would give my life for them.
But being a foster parent helps so many kids who deserve more than what they have been given in life.
Trying to adopt a baby off the street....girl that's a lifetime movie in the making...bad idea.
Rene xx

New York, NY

#15 Apr 14, 2012
Look for matrinity homes do a google search.
(sorry about the spelling)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New 18 y/o looking for action from all ages 3 hr BigBoy00 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Wisdom of Ages 174,863
new word association game (Sep '09) 7 hr another 52
word game (Feb '10) 7 hr another 52
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 7 hr another 1,565
Word Association (Jun '08) 7 hr another 6,157
4 word game (Oct '08) 7 hr another 2,231

Glasgow Jobs

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages