What does Contempt of court, libel, r...

What does Contempt of court, libel, resistance to order mean?

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Glasgow, Kentucky

#1 Apr 27, 2008
I won't name names, I don't even know this person. But they were arrested and charged with 22 COUNTS OF CONTEMPT OF COURT, LIBEL/SLANDER, RESISTANCE TO ORDER. All 22 offenses were on the same day. They were released the same day of the arrest. I don't understand this. Can someone enlighten me???
Missy Staples

Glasgow, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2008
I saw that too E.S. - I was wondering perhaps if it wasn't a person who may have had out like 22 returned checks around town. And did not show up for the court hearing...

Glasgow, Kentucky

#3 Apr 27, 2008
I just don't know, Missy. I wish things like that were in simplier English for me & you.
hithere

Glasgow, KY

#4 Apr 27, 2008
I always use this website

http://definitions.uslegal.com/...

you can find out what anything means

i do know contempt can mean when the judge/court has told you to do something and you havent done it....like maybe pay support or restitution...
hithere

Glasgow, KY

#5 Apr 27, 2008
ElbowSprings wrote:
I won't name names, I don't even know this person. But they were arrested and charged with 22 COUNTS OF CONTEMPT OF COURT, LIBEL/SLANDER, RESISTANCE TO ORDER. All 22 offenses were on the same day. They were released the same day of the arrest. I don't understand this. Can someone enlighten me???
http://definitions.uslegal.com/...

Glasgow, Kentucky

#6 Apr 28, 2008
Thanks! hithere! That website has loads of info.
whoknows

Mount Juliet, TN

#7 Apr 28, 2008
ElbowSprings wrote:
It means that their did not show up for court, skipped bail, or did not follow through with the requests of a judges order
Instigate

Glasgow, KY

#8 Apr 28, 2008
The person probably disrupted court proceedings on 22 different counts. Most likely his behavior in front of a judge.
Lovely

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Jan 31, 2010
Quit frankly i really don't understand?
How long can they get for CONTEMPT OF COURT, LIBEL/SLANDER, RESISTANCE ?
I know

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Aug 24, 2010
I know a girl in ohio county jail thats been in there since nov. 2009 and is still in for contempt of court, libel/slander, resistance to order
Kayla Sons

Warsaw, IN

#11 Sep 23, 2010
My husband is in jail right now for contempt of court, libel/slander, and resist......I am just wondering what he did to get that......we are separated, and I don't speak with him....can anyone let me know what u have to do to be charged with that? Thanks!!
ElbowSprings

Glasgow, KY

#12 Sep 24, 2010
Kayla Sons wrote:
My husband is in jail right now for contempt of court, libel/slander, and resist......I am just wondering what he did to get that......we are separated, and I don't speak with him....can anyone let me know what u have to do to be charged with that? Thanks!!
http://definitions.uslegal.com/ ...

Hope this helps
justsue

Louisville, KY

#13 Nov 6, 2010
I know someone who had this same charge and was in jail for 6 months. Want to know what he did? He sent text messages to his g/f and made slanderous comments. There was a previous order for him to have no contact. Yes, you can go to jail for texting!
silly

Glasgow, KY

#14 Nov 7, 2010
if he was ordered to have no contact, then technically she was his ex-girlfriend, lol.proof to all, leave your exes alone, they're trouble, lol.
Judge

Bardstown, KY

#15 Apr 16, 2011
those are very typical charges for someone who is in violation of drug court
hello

Cave City, KY

#16 Apr 17, 2011
It also applies if you are out on bond for a previous charge and you break the conditions of that bond before that previous charge has been resolved in the court system. Some of those conditions may include staying drug/alcohol free, not writing cold checks, staying away from a petitioner of an EPO/DVO, etc. If you are caught in violation of your bond conditions the judge will issue a warrant and you return to jail based on your initial arrest, as if you never bonded out. You will be jailed until the final court date for that initial charge. So, lesson learned, if you're granted bond don't screw it up.
ann

United States

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Is this a misdemeanor and can a person be bonded out of jail for this charge?
concerned1

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Dec 11, 2012
Judge wrote:
those are very typical charges for someone who is in violation of drug court
This is exactly the answer I was looking for based on the situation I was researching
dont worry bout it

Greensburg, KY

#19 Feb 1, 2013
morons people that dont know a thing use this website for sure. contempt of court and libel slander and reistance to order can mean anything. if u act out in the court room u cant be charged with contempt. i had to serve weekends i went and served one and didnt wanna serve the others and skipped it and they came and got me and charged me with contempt of curt reistance to order lible slander. i told them that i would do my weekends and i broke my promise to the court so theres the libel slander and i didnt report to my weekends theres the reistance to order and contempt of court
confused white girl

United States

#20 Jan 21, 2014
I have a stuiped ? My friends girl friend got arrested in nov on felony drug charge . Got out and her day of final sentencing was arrested for content of court libel/ slander resistance to order what the hell did she do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATTENTION on 8/20/17......... stand up 1 hr Multiple 11
13 year old girl dead?!?!?!?! 3 hr smh 2
Drunken fool on siddons rd 7 hr Multiple 2
Bobby Lawson 9 hr Sam 13
Is Courtney Smith really pregnant again? 10 hr Geez 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr CCzar 166,375
Reality show in Glasgow 13 hr Hugh Manatee 37

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages