Red Cross Fall Festival

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
topper

Glasgow, KY

#1 Oct 17, 2008
Is RC going to have a fall festival this year? I haven't heard anything about it. The kids always look forward to it.
RC parent

Cave City, KY

#2 Oct 17, 2008
I think the PTO, for some reason, decided not to hold the Fall Festival this year. Why...I do not know? I don't think much money has been made in the past few years. It's always amazed me how other schools in our county can make $15,000-$25,000 and we never even come close!! We have almost 800 students! If you have concerns, please contact the PTO officers. I am sure they would like your input.
farmgal

Horse Cave, KY

#3 Oct 17, 2008
The PTO decided to have an auction and chili supper instead of a fall festival. The decision is made by the PTO officers. If you have questions, you can contact one of them.
topper

Glasgow, KY

#4 Oct 18, 2008
Who ever heard of not having a fall festival??
a friend

Glasgow, KY

#5 Oct 18, 2008
A man is dead and you all only care about a fall festival?

Robt Fitz was an abusive father. His sone finally stood up for himself.

His father was an abusive alocholic and Josh caught alot of hell from him since as long as he could remember I'm sure. His mother abandoned him with his father about 3 years ago? and she alone was a big enough bitch. I remember in sixth grade we were leaving at 6am from bowling park for summer camp and all of us kids were telling our parents good bye and such, Josh went to give his mom a hug and she sort of just pushed him away saying " Go On!, Get on the Bus you pussy!"
Josh and I actually were neighboors for about 3-4 years when I lived on Neeper road.Theres no way in my mind Josh was born a murder, spending all night up playing Nintendo 64, Going swimming at Lee's Pond. Josh was just a kid, I dont really want to know what happened that sent him over the edge. Hopefully he'll get help, maybe an insanity plea? His father almost definetly deserved what was coming to him I'm sure, and the guy couldint play guitar. He butchered free bird lol.
topper

Glasgow, KY

#6 Oct 18, 2008
That has nothing to do with having a fall festival!!!
a friend wrote:
A man is dead and you all only care about a fall festival?
Robt Fitz was an abusive father. His sone finally stood up for himself.
His father was an abusive alocholic and Josh caught alot of hell from him since as long as he could remember I'm sure. His mother abandoned him with his father about 3 years ago? and she alone was a big enough bitch. I remember in sixth grade we were leaving at 6am from bowling park for summer camp and all of us kids were telling our parents good bye and such, Josh went to give his mom a hug and she sort of just pushed him away saying " Go On!, Get on the Bus you pussy!"
Josh and I actually were neighboors for about 3-4 years when I lived on Neeper road.Theres no way in my mind Josh was born a murder, spending all night up playing Nintendo 64, Going swimming at Lee's Pond. Josh was just a kid, I dont really want to know what happened that sent him over the edge. Hopefully he'll get help, maybe an insanity plea? His father almost definetly deserved what was coming to him I'm sure, and the guy couldint play guitar. He butchered free bird lol.
a friend

Glasgow, KY

#7 Oct 18, 2008
topper wrote:
That has nothing to do with having a fall festival!!!
<quoted text>
but it is important

Kentucky State Police Post 15 was contacted by the Edmonton Police Department. They advised they had received a call from a female in Indiana stating that her mother, 43 year old Jeannie K. Stewart, was being held hostage by a 17 year old juvenile neighbor and that he had beaten his father to death.
Post 15 units were dispatched to the residence in Edmonton KY. Troopers Bobby Maxwell, Ricky Brooks and Sgt. J.W. Gibson assisted by the Metcalf County Sheriffs Office approached the residence on foot and observed a male (later identified as the 17 year old juvenile) removing a body from the back door of the residence. Troopers approached the male and took him into custody without incident.
Units then entered the residence and found Jeannie Stewart unharmed. The victim was identified as 54 year old Robert H. Fritz of Edmonton, KY.

red cross parent

Tompkinsville, KY

#8 Oct 18, 2008
you guys completely have gotten off the subject. no one is wanting info about a man being dead by a 17 yr old. they were only wanting info about a fall festival. as a parent i believe they should have sent home flyers saying there would be no fall festival and they were replacing it with freakin chili and an auction.
farmgal

Horse Cave, KY

#9 Oct 18, 2008
red cross parent wrote:
you guys completely have gotten off the subject. no one is wanting info about a man being dead by a 17 yr old. they were only wanting info about a fall festival. as a parent i believe they should have sent home flyers saying there would be no fall festival and they were replacing it with freakin chili and an auction.
I'm sure that there will be some correspondence sent home closer to time for the event.
Teach2

Cave City, KY

#10 Oct 18, 2008
red cross parent wrote:
I'm sure the PTO would appreciate your input and your volunteer hours to help prepare flyers or other correspondence to send home.
farmgal

Horse Cave, KY

#11 Oct 18, 2008
Teach2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the PTO would appreciate your input and your volunteer hours to help prepare flyers or other correspondence to send home.
I'd say you're right about that, Teach2!
topper

Glasgow, KY

#12 Oct 18, 2008
I do volunteer at RC and I would be glad to help send home flyers. I have just never heard of a school not having a fall festival.
true2heart

Glasgow, KY

#13 Oct 18, 2008
One of the schools is having fall festival tonight. Which one is it?
farmgal

Horse Cave, KY

#14 Oct 18, 2008
topper wrote:
I do volunteer at RC and I would be glad to help send home flyers. I have just never heard of a school not having a fall festival.
Like I said, the decision was made by the PTO. Thank you for volunteering at RC. We appreciate you!
RC mom

Tompkinsville, KY

#15 Oct 18, 2008
I think the PTO possibly needs a new committee then. B/c it is ridiculous that Mr Britt had for 3 years been there and had the fall festival then you bring in this freakin 90 yr old principal and then out of all the county schools for barren everyone but supposely "the best one" doesnt have a fall festival. And don't give me the money runaround b/c for the past 3 yrs we have attended and it is so packed you can barely move. I think as a parent I will vote and leave comments with the PTO that they do need a new committee b/c this will affect the school and what parents/students do feel. As far as fall festivals both eastern and austin tracy i know for a fact were having their festivals tonight!!
Teach2

Cave City, KY

#16 Oct 18, 2008
To the best of my understanding, the money making decisions of the PTO (Parent/ Teacher Organization) aren't governed by the school principal. I'm sure the PTO would love your input and suggestions. I'm not as actively involved in the PTO as I should be either... I believe they meet on Monday nights. I'm not sure if it's every Monday or what time.

As for negative comments about Mrs. McCubbin, she came into a situation that not many would want to touch. Mr. Britt's untimely death has not been easy on the Red Cross community. The children seem to have handled it much better than many of the adults... the adults seem to be the ones with bitterness and displaced anger. I view Mrs. McCubbin as the most qualified person for the interim role. She stepped in to the Middle School Principal role when Michelle Pedigo left in the middle of the year. She stepped in at Hiseville when Bo Matthews moved to the Central Office at the very end of a summer. She's very skilled at stepping in, doing what needs to be done... not sitting idle and waiting for someone to tell her what to do. Let's face it... there wasn't time for much direction. She's done... is doing... a fantastic job. She doesn't deserve the type of negative remarks you've made here.

If the activities of the fall festival are what you're missing... I'm sure the other schools would welcome your attendance at theirs. If there's some other reason you feel Red Cross should have had this, find out when the PTO meetings are, attend and voice your concerns.
Agree

Cave City, KY

#17 Oct 18, 2008
I can't believe anyone would bash Ms. Dorthy McCubbin. I, too, have children at RC and I think she is doing a wonderful job! She is strict and means business but isn't this what a principal should be? My kids LOVE her and can't wait to get to school each morning. Red Cross is very lucky to have Ms. McCubbin this year. I doubt very seriously the person that made the negative comments about her even has kids at our school.

As far as the Fall Festival, my kids will miss it this year. It was always one of the highlights of their year. I think I will talk to the president and voice my opinion as well.
Austin Tracy Staff member

Glasgow, KY

#18 Oct 18, 2008
red cross parent wrote:
..... as a parent i believe they should have sent home flyers saying there would be no fall festival and they were replacing it with freakin chili and an auction.
You know what? For the last 2 years I've been at AT School, our main activities at the fall festival are an auction and chili supper. That's where we get our biggest funds. We work on this stuff for at least a month before. Perhaps instead of sitting in front of your computer reading and posting this garbage, you get up on Monday morning and go to Red Cross and see about volunteering to help out with this auction and chili supper, it will be the successful fundraiser that Red Cross needs. And I agree with the others about the unnecessary bashing of Dorothy McCubbin. Noone else would have stepped in after Mr. Britt's death the way she has, and taken all this badmouthing from a bunch of soreheads. Do your part to make your school look good. Both of my children went to Red Cross and I can't believe that it's sank all this low since they've been gone on to middle and high school.
Just do what must be done to keep the school with it's high expectations. And by the way, AT school had their fall festival/chili supper tonight. They filled the parking lots, parked in the grass, in the church parking lot next door, across the road at the firehouse, and we sold all the chili that was made and had to turn peaople away, sorry to say.
Don't let that happen to you b/c you don't expect anyone to show up!! We only have about a 250 enrollment, so imagine if we had 800, like you? Then go from there.
get over it

Glasgow, KY

#19 Oct 18, 2008
its a fall festival.if i were you people,i would worry about their grades, scores (lowest in b.c. grade school system)before you respond, do your research and you will see!
All right now

Horse Cave, KY

#20 Oct 18, 2008
I don't believe RCmom meant to bash anyone really. I think she is just frustrated and gave in to a little wild talk. It will be alright. Just a tip, when I was in school they always served giant cin. rolls with our chili. It was fabulous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof: The Moon Is Self Illuminating 8 min Cognitive dissona... 11
Crooked preachers 12 min Luxo 8
Jimmy Marshall ? 25 min Teresa 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min usa 151,646
Trump Lied 48 min really 43
Monogramming 56 min GLady 1
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 2 hr FORREST 582

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance