Michelle's Consignment Store
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
call JR Samples

Montgomery, AL

#41 Oct 12, 2009
they are tired of you folk that take in nasty, stained, out of date polyester crap that you bought at Kmart twenty years ago and want them to take it after you spent five years of yard sales trying to get rid of the crap. you need to shower more often and at least launder your nasty garments more often than once a year. what a bunch of trailer park queens. JR.
just me

Glasgow, KY

#42 Oct 12, 2009
I didn't even talk to her. She just had a bad attitude. I can't help it that other customers were throwing clothes around. I never hang clothes on the rack for them to put back. I put them back where I got them. I treat people the way I would want to be treated. Maybe she was just in a bad mood that day. But you can't bring you bad attitude to work. Leave it at home.
Well

Munfordville, KY

#43 Oct 12, 2009
Well alot of times in those stores people mistreat the clothes. They throw them down in the floor. They want you to put them on the rack ON THEIR HANGERS. unless of course you do put them back on the rack. I'm sure she was upset if someone threw the merchindise in the floor while trying it on. It is very rude. I worked in a department store for 15 years and whenever someone threw clothes down not only did they take a chance at damaging the merchindise but they also were inconsiderate of the people that work there.
just me

Glasgow, KY

#44 Oct 12, 2009
I understand how that can be. This lady took like a billion items into a dressing room where I used to work and left them all in the dressing room instead of bringing them out to me. But. They weren't on the hangers. She tried on everything and left the hangers on the floor and clothes on the floor. But I didn't let it get to me. You can't. You just have to deal.
Pitbull

Glasgow, KY

#45 Oct 13, 2009
Well wrote:
I have been in there several times and i always go in on fridays and saturdaysn ow because when i first started going the older lady (Jo Nell) was entirely rude to me. But the younger girl is very sweet and always helps me out. I have been in there when other customers where very rude to her and so she didn't show much appritation for them. And if she is on the phone then she is either talking to her grandma that watches her son, or she is talking to Michelle or Mark. Sometimes she will call her Husband too if he is bringing her lunch. So maybe if you were rude to her then she decided that you didn't deserve her help. Who knows. Plus for the last couple of months she has been very sick and her mom has been working with and for her. So was it Michelle or the young girl that you were talking to?
Not taking up for Jonell but, she is family of my husbands and she does not mean to be rude. Honestly she would help you if you ever needed it. I think she may come across as rude but really she isn't. I have been in the family for 22 yrs. and I have never had any problems with her.
sue

Glasgow, KY

#46 Oct 14, 2009
maybe she was having a bad day but i always say they need to keep it at home
Pitbull

Glasgow, KY

#47 Oct 14, 2009
sue wrote:
maybe she was having a bad day but i always say they need to keep it at home
I agree with you 100%. Keep your trouble at home and treat everybody the way you would want to be treated.
just me

Vilonia, AR

#48 Oct 15, 2009
I bought my daughters fall formal dress from the one in BG.. To my surprise a friend bought the same one and Michells would not let either of us exchange it. Didn't want money back just wanted to exchange for a different one...
mhm

Glasgow, KY

#49 Oct 16, 2009
Yeah. They should have had a sign up somewhere that says no refunds or exchanges. I know the one here in Glasgow does. If they didn't have a sign up. Then. I would have thrown a fit. LOL.
just me

Brownsville, KY

#50 Oct 17, 2009
This was the BG store and I even went back over there and if they had a sign I sure didn't see it. Live and learn I guess the next time I will ask..
Quitcherbitchin

Nashville, TN

#51 Oct 8, 2012
I happen to love this store and the other shop she has in BG. I once owned a consignment shop for ten years. We paid taxes, insurance, employee wages and all the other fees associated with owning a small business. A consignment shop cannot compete with Goodwill prices. They operate as a non profit. If someone wants less expensive clothing I would recommend shopping at GW or garage sales. I think Michelle runs a very good business. I have taken clothing there for almost 8 years (since selling my own shop) I commend her and her efforts. People do not realize the fees associated with running a small business. Rent, insurance, taxes, wages just to name a few. If some of the people commenting on here in a negative way feel or think they can do a better job at running a successful consignment shop, I would encourage you to do so. It is hard work and sometimes thankless but it's rewarding and fun too.
just my opinion

Glasgow, KY

#53 Oct 9, 2012
just me wrote:
I bought my daughters fall formal dress from the one in BG.. To my surprise a friend bought the same one and Michells would not let either of us exchange it. Didn't want money back just wanted to exchange for a different one...
She should have let one of you, or both of you exchange them. That is just good business. What would it have hurt? That puts a bad taste in my mouth. I don't pay much attention to any of the other grumblings on here. I've only been one time, and found what I was looking for, but maybe I'll not want to go back. I repeat; what would it have hurt. I believe it would have made her look very good!
shopper

Glasgow, KY

#54 Oct 9, 2012
just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have let one of you, or both of you exchange them. That is just good business. What would it have hurt? That puts a bad taste in my mouth. I don't pay much attention to any of the other grumblings on here. I've only been one time, and found what I was looking for, but maybe I'll not want to go back. I repeat; what would it have hurt. I believe it would have made her look very good!
I have never heard of a consignment store exchanging merchandise. All sales are final to my knowledge. Don't think Michelle's is the only store with that policy.
a different situation

Glasgow, KY

#55 Oct 9, 2012
shopper wrote:
<quoted text>I have never heard of a consignment store exchanging merchandise. All sales are final to my knowledge. Don't think Michelle's is the only store with that policy.
The above situation was different. I think the golden rule would have applied. It is very expensive getting ready for proms, etc.
lol

United States

#56 Oct 9, 2012
Thank goodness you revived a THREE YEAR OLD DEAD THREAD. That sure accomplished a lot. The prom in question is history now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
betty ballard (Oct '09) 1 hr Dakota 9
The day I left 2 hr The day I left 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Wisdom of God 171,902
Mike at Post Office 3 hr NoOneNeedsThatMuc... 5
The Government Shutdown 4 hr Kelly 43
Best place to file taxes 7 hr AARP 4
Brown Duck Carhartt 21 hr Info 29

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages