how do you get something off topix

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please

Glasgow, KY

#1 Nov 10, 2008
i would like to know if there is a way to take something off this site. there are children reading so much bashing on here, these kids are reading alot of crap on here about family members. it's sad for these kids.
Logical Thought

Glasgow, KY

#2 Nov 10, 2008
A better suggestion might be to write an editorial to the Daily Times asking parents to block this site from their home computers. It's a parent's job to determine what their child can or cannot see or read. That's the problem with kids these days...my parents used to take the time to explain things to me, but they never censored what I could or could not watch or read. I'm tired of parents looking for a way to place blame elsewhere for their laziness!
honestly you cant

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 10, 2008
its sad to say ,but you cant delete anything ! topics is the worst thing that couldve happened .and people love texting ,i heard there is a number you can call and leave a message with the name ir title you want deleted ,a friend of mine did it ,its somewhere on this page.scroll to the bottom and see if you can get something down there.i dont like it either .a friend of mine has got about 40 pages of it ,its horrible ,the best thing is for them to just stay off topics and not allow them to get back on it ,if you do not respond to it ,it will go away ,mine did ,,simple solution ,ignore it
HELLO

Horse Cave, KY

#4 Nov 10, 2008
Start by reading the privacy policy and u shall find a way
FYI

Glasgow, KY

#6 Nov 10, 2008
six-five-zero-four-six-one-eig ht-three-zero-zero. Is the number to call. This will not allow you to post their number. Hope it helps.
Truth

Glasgow, KY

#7 Nov 10, 2008
I emailed them recently. Asking them to remove a couple of threads about youngsters. I knew for fact that the people who were being talked about were under age 16. I asked them to remove the threads and they never got removed. I told them in the email that the person's being talked about was under age 16, that I felt it could lead to a law suit if not removed, but they left the threads on anyway. Makes me wonder if they have anyone reading the requests for removal or not. Or they just don't care.
cant find the number

Bonnieville, KY

#8 Nov 10, 2008
the number I called to get a topic off is gone so i guess they got tired of all the mesages. Now all I can get is a email address. Good luck on getting something off
Truth

Glasgow, KY

#9 Nov 10, 2008
Actually

Glasgow, KY

#10 Nov 11, 2008
You can keep hitting the report abuse like 30-40 times for each comment on the enitre post then e-mail them through this web site and it worked for me but sicne then someone has e-mailed me a phone number but I dont know if it works or not and also I know the above works b/c it got the things off I wanted off.

Hope this helps.
snouzer

Glasgow, KY

#11 Nov 11, 2008
seriously ,if you would leave it alone it will dissapear like christmas ,trust me i know .just dont reply dont respond and dont read !! good advice huh
I Know

Adolphus, KY

#12 Nov 11, 2008
I knew someone who had a thread about them and the things on there weren't nice. If you read the terms and service it says "you agree to NOT use the Service to: upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable." All that person did was send an email to Topix and stated that this was happening and then threatened with legal action to scare them, and they took it down immediately. Hope it helps. Just read the terms of service and private policy. There's lots of loop holes.
Freelily

United States

#13 Nov 11, 2008
Try this. Go to the post you want deleted, click on post#(such as #1), click on properties a box will show up with a URL address, HIGHLIGHT the address COPY it, close that box out. Go down to where you put in a new post, in small blue writing your see SEND FEEDBACK click on that. You will see a box to choose why you want it deleted click a reason that best suits you. Next you go to the box that says PERMALINK, paste the URL address in tha box, Send them a email in the box provided. I had to do this for a family member and it took about 1or2 days, but it will work, or it did for me. Hope this helps.
crapper

Glasgow, KY

#14 Nov 11, 2008
it should be ,if you dont post your name you can not comment ,like a password or something and not let this crap go through for the whole world to read ,its sad but kids love to text and thats why ,they run out of words to say and will post anything ,and since the young adults and kids this day and time are showing true signs of not being put together right ,this is what we get out of it ,the next generation is surely screwed.
Freelily

United States

#15 Nov 11, 2008
Go to the post you want deleted click on the post# (such as #1), go to properties a box will come up with the URL address in it HIGHLIGHT the address and COPY it then close out that box. Go down to where you put in new post, in small blue letters you'll see SEND FEEDBACK click that. another page will come up, in the box provided choose which ever reason best suits you and click it in, It will go to Feedback-topix. Go to the box that says PERMALINK, PASTE the URL address in the box. Send a email and ask them to take it off. It might take a day or two, but it worked for me. Hope this helps..
Freelily

United States

#16 Nov 11, 2008
Sorry I didn't think it printed the first time.
WillM

Livermore, KY

#17 Nov 11, 2008
I haven't seen anything on here that I wouldn't kid read. You must be mistaken or have the wrong forum.
Lawyer

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Nov 11, 2008
If you want to get it removed immediately, then follow the outlined steps below:

Pick up the phone
Call ceo of Topix
Bend over
Insert pizza box
PROFIT!
diddlysquat

Glasgow, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2008
Lawyer wrote:
If you want to get it removed immediately, then follow the outlined steps below:
Pick up the phone
Call ceo of Topix
Bend over
Insert pizza box
PROFIT!
you post the stupidest things on these threads .are you a kid or special ed
know

Glasgow, KY

#21 Nov 11, 2008
called my lawyer who called topix it was off in 24 and we r try to get harrassers IP addresses
hey

Glasgow, KY

#22 Nov 11, 2008
doing the same thing ,im sick of idiots ,that talk like this ,ourlawye will charge ya around 600-00 dollars to get that information

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 485
Best lay in Glasgow or biggest Freak 2 hr the detective 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Patrick 148,873
Rainbow 5 hr Grace 5
Eric Varney Nurse 10 hr You Little coward 7
Cute girl at McDonald's 10 hr You Little coward 2
Impeach Bevin 14 hr Dam shame 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages