big blue handicapped spots?

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
jimmy

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
how many morans in this town don`t know what that stands for?i have the handicap sticker"that you hang from rear view mirror"and yes it is for me.mine is not because i take a family member somewhere or have had one from the past!am tired of parking in regular spot because some people are to [email protected] lazy to walk,or let their little fat kids walk from a regular spot.so i decided to block a car in today that did not have one or a plate that said so.when i came out of the store,there came a police officer that the person i blocked in called for?long story short,that person got a big ole ticket for illegally parked!so lazy people that park in them in future,just remember it`s a big ole ticket that you could get.
well

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
jimmy wrote:
how many morans in this town don`t know what that stands for?i have the handicap sticker"that you hang from rear view mirror"and yes it is for me.mine is not because i take a family member somewhere or have had one from the past!am tired of parking in regular spot because some people are to [email protected] lazy to walk,or let their little fat kids walk from a regular spot.so i decided to block a car in today that did not have one or a plate that said so.when i came out of the store,there came a police officer that the person i blocked in called for?long story short,that person got a big ole ticket for illegally parked!so lazy people that park in them in future,just remember it`s a big ole ticket that you could get.
I'm tired of people that feel entitled to a handicapped spot just because they are old or it "hurts" when I walk. I'm over 50 and my legs ache but you couldn't pay me to have one of those placards. I don't think anyone should get handicapped spots. The handicapped are always bitching about equal rights and being treated the same as "normal" people. Well, let them park 500 yards from the entrance to a store in the pouring rain like lots of us do everyday.
well

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
jimmy wrote:
Also - even people with the blue placards screw each other over in those spaces. Some are marked (by painting on the ground) VAN ONLY or VAN ACCESSIBLE. These spots have a large striped area to the side the width of at least another car. These spots are designed to allow room for a wheelchair lift to come out the side of the van. But I almost always see a sedan parked in these spots. I say get rid of them all.
Hippy

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of people that feel entitled to a handicapped spot just because they are old or it "hurts" when I walk. I'm over 50 and my legs ache but you couldn't pay me to have one of those placards. I don't think anyone should get handicapped spots. The handicapped are always bitching about equal rights and being treated the same as "normal" people. Well, let them park 500 yards from the entrance to a store in the pouring rain like lots of us do everyday.
Are you bragging or complaining?Seems to me you made an attempt to get a placard and was refused and any person that truly has a mobility problem appreciates less walking.
well

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
Hippy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you bragging or complaining?Seems to me you made an attempt to get a placard and was refused and any person that truly has a mobility problem appreciates less walking.
Nope. Never applied. Never want one. Never will. My sister is a doctor so if I wanted one she'd be happy to get me one.

If they appreciate walking less, then they shouldn't appreciate their demand for equality. Equality is a two way street - whether you walk, roll, limp or crawl across it.

And it should be "were" refused. Not "was". If grammar was a handicap this town would be full of blue placards.
Idiot Watch

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 3, 2013
I thank God every day of my life that I am not handicapped and can walk many blocks to the store. For the life of me, I don't understand people who want to be handicapped and want to get disability. I want to be healthy and able bodied.
prissy

Horse Branch, KY

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Well you all need to take into account that most of the poeple that have those tags are elderly. Their generation worked hard all their lives and have bodies that are worn out. They may be suffering from an illness or injury and there for can't walk as far as you or I could.
well

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jan 4, 2013
prissy wrote:
Well you all need to take into account that most of the poeple that have those tags are elderly. Their generation worked hard all their lives and have bodies that are worn out. They may be suffering from an illness or injury and there for can't walk as far as you or I could.
Not from what I see. Most are 30 to 50 and overweight or have no outward appearance of a handicap. And if you are too old and frail to walk across a parking lot, I'm not sure you should be driving a 2 ton machine around that requires foot and hand eye coordination and movements.
jimmy

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jan 4, 2013
i totally agree,some of these people that have them are over weight and lazy and just drive someone that is handicapped,and they keep/use the sticker in their car!i have worked ever since i was able,starting with paper routes,mowing yards,any odd job i could do.didn`t have everything handed to me on a silver platter like today`s youth!i also am a veteran,from that i had injuries which contribute to my health!so those of you that want to bash this,go ahead.it`s because of me and my fellow veterans that you have the freedom to do so!
Respect

Edmonton, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2013
If your one of the lazy people who use a Handicap spot...and your perfectly healthy...thats just disrespectful.
I am Thankful that I can park half a mile from the store and walk to it. Most of the time I try to park where I have to walk further. Not only is it better for me....my vehicle is less likely to be damaged. Because the lazy people also have trouble putting carts where they belong!
Oh and to the person who was talking about the overweight people.....Guess what..I am one of those LOL. But You will never see me parking in the Handicap spot or grapping one of those Carts you ride on. It Makes me sad when I see people do that.I try to get exercise everday so I don't end up being one of those people....It's sad.
our one nation under God has become a Lazy give mne give me nation....screw over everyone nation...a I don't have to work because I can get free food and sit home and eat all day nation...SAD!
Hippy

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Jan 4, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Never applied. Never want one. Never will. My sister is a doctor so if I wanted one she'd be happy to get me one.
Thanks for correcting my grammar and finding that to be an important part of the discussion.
My brother has been known to make comments similar to your comments.His thoughts took a different turn when his wife had surgery and was unable to return home because she was unable to climb the steps to enter their house.There was a mad scramble while she waited in a car with engine running.Later the daughter was able to contact me and bring her to my home which is handicap accessible.An accident or illness could put you in a situation where you are unable to walk.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jan 4, 2013
Jesus-H-christ wrote:
Its always dumb looking men wearing dirty caps with a Marlboro red hanging out of their crusty lips who use these spots. Usually have a white trash obese female with them and a hoard of food stamp babies in tow. They need to park close to the store so they don't have to push their three carts of hotdogs, chips and soda too far.
Jealousy is just not your color! Try a dab of understanding in your color palette today and maybe you won't come off as so blue all the time.
RIP mom

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jan 4, 2013
My mother was crippled (thanks to a doc in Glasgow severing her sciatic nerve during hip surgery)and she suffered with lung problems due to an infection she got when working at the chicken factory here in Glasgow years and years ago. My mother gave up her drivers license when she could no longer feel her leg and foot after her surgery. I took my mother to the grocery. I took my mother to the doctor. I took my mother to Walmart. I used her handicapped parking tag when I took her places. I parked where it was easier for my mother to do her shopping. I never used that card when my mother wasn't with me because thank God I am able to walk and get around. My mother brought the card with her when I took her places and took it with her when I took her home so there was no shady stuff going on like some of you were hoping for and accusing others of. My mother passed 3 years ago and I would give anything to have her here today. I would still be doing everything in my power to make her last days easier because she worked hard all of her life and she deserved those things. My mother wasn't obese. I'm not obese. Neither of us smoke ever smoked. Mom didn't get food stamps and neither do I. You people are full of crap when you clump every one into the same category.

I am happy that every thing in your lives are going so well that you have to make up crap and bitch about it just to know that you are alive and breathing again today. Be thankful for your health.
well

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Hippy wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for correcting my grammar and finding that to be an important part of the discussion.
My brother has been known to make comments similar to your comments.His thoughts took a different turn when his wife had surgery and was unable to return home because she was unable to climb the steps to enter their house.There was a mad scramble while she waited in a car with engine running.Later the daughter was able to contact me and bring her to my home which is handicap accessible.An accident or illness could put you in a situation where you are unable to walk.
We're talking shared public handicapped spaces in parking lots. Not personal homes. Big difference there, brainiac.
ya think lol

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jan 4, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking shared public handicapped spaces in parking lots. Not personal homes. Big difference there, brainiac.
A handicap parking space is still a handicap parking space no matter where it is located and the law is the same for personal home parking spaces as it is for business parking spaces. Why do you continuously try to divert and distort to make your point? Has this ever really worked for you? Really? Now that's funny if you actually believe that to be true.
Hippy

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jan 5, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I was trying to get across was there are some people that lack the ability to walk long distance.With some there is something visible but not in others.Your arrogance and lack of compassion for others clouds your vision and makes you think it can never happen to you.I hope you live a long life but only God knows what the future holds for you.Just think you could be one of the people that looks able but are unable to walk more than a short distance and may stay in their homes to avoid embarrassment.
well

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 5, 2013
ya think lol wrote:
<quoted text>A handicap parking space is still a handicap parking space no matter where it is located and the law is the same for personal home parking spaces as it is for business parking spaces. Why do you continuously try to divert and distort to make your point? Has this ever really worked for you? Really? Now that's funny if you actually believe that to be true.
No it is not. A PUBLIC space and your driveway are most certainly NOT the same - either in how they are used and legally. Private property laws govern your driveway. Not ADA laws and the like. You don't need a permit to park in your "handicapped" driveway. You need a permit for a PUBLIC handicapped spot.

I'm not diverting anything. You are the one who thinks that by just saying "No, you are wrong" makes your argument valid although no laws of facts support what you say.
well

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jan 5, 2013
Hippy wrote:
<quoted text>The point I was trying to get across was there are some people that lack the ability to walk long distance.With some there is something visible but not in others.Your arrogance and lack of compassion for others clouds your vision and makes you think it can never happen to you.I hope you live a long life but only God knows what the future holds for you.Just think you could be one of the people that looks able but are unable to walk more than a short distance and may stay in their homes to avoid embarrassment.
You know what we do with family that can't walk long distances? We drop them off at the door and then go park.

I don't lack compassion for people with disabilities. What I do lack compassion for is any group of people that bitch about needing to be treated as equals but ALSO want special accommodations. You can't have both and truly be equal.
well

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 5, 2013
Hippy wrote:
<quoted text>The point I was trying to get across was there are some people that lack the ability to walk long distance.With some there is something visible but not in others.Your arrogance and lack of compassion for others clouds your vision and makes you think it can never happen to you.I hope you live a long life but only God knows what the future holds for you.Just think you could be one of the people that looks able but are unable to walk more than a short distance and may stay in their homes to avoid embarrassment.
Oh - and if I ever became handicapped, I would NEVER use a handicapped space.
Caregiver

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jan 5, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what we do with family that can't walk long distances? We drop them off at the door and then go park.
I don't lack compassion for people with disabilities. What I do lack compassion for is any group of people that bitch about needing to be treated as equals but ALSO want special accommodations. You can't have both and truly be equal.
I provide care to an older woman in Glasgow and I take her to the grocery, shopping, beauty shop and anywhere she wants to go. She uses a walker and is a little unsteady on her feet. I do not risk dropping her off at the door and then going to park the car. I need to be there with her to help her. I can't risk her falling and being injured while in my care. I do need a close parking place when I have her with me so please understand some people have a person with them who is not very independent and can't be dropped off at the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laura Wright 13 min Laura Wright 4
sidney robertson 49 min Girl_bad 9
drama queen 51 min brenton 2
Age limit for constables 2 hr Diamond Dixie 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 148,102
Word Association (Jun '08) 3 hr Forrest 5,209
Elementary school needed!!! 4 hr Crazy Cat Lady 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages