Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166309 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#82921 Jul 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that governments are the beast. Do you say the pledge of alligance to the flag of the united states of america?
Then you have the mark of the beast is what I think he is saying.
JW do not salute the flag, why do you the reason for that is?
If jws did salute the flag, do you think they would use the bellamy salute?
defender

United States

#82922 Jul 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>I could say the bible was referring to the german currency "Mark" and could fit in nicely to bible predictions that already has happen.

The most notable historical case of currency devaluation is the devaluation of the German mark in the 1920s. After reparations payments were required to be paid to the allies of WWI by Germany, the German government suddenly faced a huge onset of debt. The Germans decided to devalue the currency by printing excess marks to pay the debt. This sparked hyperinflation that caused the mark to be nearly worthless in Germany. Some historians argue that this economic burden was one of the gateway causes to WWII.

Read more: Depreciation vs. Devaluation of Currency | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6314658_depreciatio...
Nice post!!!.. And yes you could easily use this... Like I said it's a buyers market and people have been screaming doom for years... I have no idea of a time frame for things to come only that the stage is set... Imagine Hitler had the technology of today (not counting nukes lol) before the start of WW2... We would all be speaking German... Those who lived through it anyway...
defender

United States

#82923 Jul 21, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I have decided you know nothing of history, the beast in revelations is nero and the mark of the beast was "sop" in the day. John was a hater and was writing about the world at that time, not predicting the future. If you would like to learn more, the book mobile will stop by your house and loan you a history book.
Ah gee whiz thanks man... Can you send someone to teach me to read as well?
defender

United States

#82924 Jul 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>He said that governments are the beast. Do you say the pledge of alligance to the flag of the united states of america?

They don't ?? I don't know a lot about their religion but hey if that's what they believe then they can have at it... Lots of cults out there...

“There is no god.”

USA

#82925 Jul 21, 2012
MirrorMan

I like the greater part of your posts. Your posts remind me of another poster. Well done.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82926 Jul 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
A reader ask the question below.
Bible Question: God defeated by "chariots of iron"
This is another in a series of questions that come to me as I read the Bible from start to finish.
In the book of Joshua the Israelis with God's help slaughter every nation/city they take on, but in Judges 1:19 they "could not conquer the people living in the coastal plain, because they had chariots with iron-rimmed wheels."
In other cases where bad things happen to the Israelis it's because they are not following God's commandments and laws closely enough, but here it's just that the other guys had better equipment.
What I found so odd is that the Bible just sort of throws it out there and then moves on to more slaughtering. But isn't it really saying that God was defeated by the technology of the day? This is God we're talking about. He couldn't overcome iron chariots drawn by horses? What's up with that?
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthrea...
You obviously don't understand...
God did not want the valley.
Judges
1:19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drove out [the
inhabitants of] the mountain; but could not drive out the
inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
This is man's interpretations of what happened... History
IF God wanted the valley... it would have been conquered!
How about when God caused the two armies that came against Israel
to fight each other... all Israel had to do was pick up the spoils?
Nit picking?
Really???

“There is no god.”

USA

#82927 Jul 21, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah gee whiz thanks man... Can you send someone to teach me to read as well?
Never said you were a dumbass just not up on your history of that point in time or so your posts suggest.
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#82928 Jul 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that governments are the beast. Do you say the pledge of alligance to the flag of the united states of america?
Not Revelations, James 5:12

"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation."

Screwy as lipstick on a goat. Translates to: if you don't promise to tell the truth, nobody can condemn you for lying..

Strangely, conservative Christians have a cow about NOT saying the Pledge. Then there's taking Oaths of office in the Constitution, but every fundie claims the country was built on the Bible.
juggalo

United States

#82929 Jul 21, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>"evil at its purest" That would be TrueBelievers†.
Yeah at amway they put a lot of pressure on you to be saved in the Christian faith , I guess they figure if they can instill that sort of " blind faith " then they can do with you what they want and you"ll be a good sheep

“There is no god.”

USA

#82930 Jul 21, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post!!!.. And yes you could easily use this... Like I said it's a buyers market and people have been screaming doom for years... I have no idea of a time frame for things to come only that the stage is set... Imagine Hitler had the technology of today (not counting nukes lol) before the start of WW2... We would all be speaking German... Those who lived through it anyway...
Agreed, "the end is near", god even said it just before the rain, if a person were inclined to believe such things.

“There is no god.”

USA

#82931 Jul 21, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah at amway they put a lot of pressure on you to be saved in the Christian faith , I guess they figure if they can instill that sort of " blind faith " then they can do with you what they want and you"ll be a good sheep
Yes, religion is all about the sheep.
defender

United States

#82932 Jul 21, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, "the end is near", god even said it just before the rain, if a person were inclined to believe such things.
What do you believe suit?... If you don't mind telling us that is...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82933 Jul 21, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Creationist terms?" I had no idea there were copyrights.
Why are you obsessed with Dawkins? He must be far more important to you than to just about anyone else. Personally, I don't care enough about him to look up a video, much less watch one.
Of course, I know the reason you are so defensive of the creation myth. You feel that seeds of doubt grow with illumination. Oh, ye of little faith....
Hahaahhaha!
Seed of faith grow in the Light... moss, and fungus grow in the dark!
I did not look it up... it came in my email (Discovery Int.)
posted it... I only care about how many people dingdong dawkins pollutes with his false doctrine... he can prove nothing, he isn't even that good of a scientist, but he can spew his falsehoods so offten that kids start believing what he says to be true...
No copywrighting...
The word "White" already has the connotation of being free from color, just as "Desinged" is; To create, fashion, execute, or
"Construct according to Plan"!
NOT Random Chance!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82934 Jul 21, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural Selection doesn't make you stronger as a rule. All it means is that if you can live long enough to reproduce then you are doing ok. Plus there are many other mechanisms at work that Darwin either didn't know about or only speculated about.
It is complex, but natural.
Whatever you want to believe!
That's Not what what they all say... now is it?
"This week"?

“There is no god.”

USA

#82935 Jul 21, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you believe suit?... If you don't mind telling us that is...
Humans are an incredible piece of work, they can accomplish dreams, no belief needed.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82936 Jul 21, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is you can look under your hood and see the master cylinder , you can see the brake lines , you can see the brake pads ,and the rotors ...its not faith in the brakes ....faith would be you see no signs of any brake parts , but say " well the car has stopped , something had to stop it , so thats proof I have brakes "
That's NOT so!
Some drivers only know where to stick the key....
They wouldn't know a master cylinder from a radiator cap!
God saved me when I wasn't looking...
But don't take my word for His existance....
I invite you to "Look under the hood" Seek Him!
You WILL Find Him!
Then... you might just be on here speaking the truth!
God is Real!

“There is no god.”

USA

#82937 Jul 21, 2012
Quantummist

Would nuclear power be a possible power source for local solar system travel?
defender

London, KY

#82938 Jul 21, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah at amway they put a lot of pressure on you to be saved in the Christian faith , I guess they figure if they can instill that sort of " blind faith " then they can do with you what they want and you"ll be a good sheep
I would love to know this hidden evil agenda of the Christian faith... What can anyone stand to gain with "Love your enemies" and respect the laws of man?.... Now that's some evil stuff lol...

“There is no god.”

USA

#82939 Jul 21, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Quantummist
Would nuclear power be a possible power source for local solar system travel?
Sorry, I know it is a possible power source, is it a feasible one.
defender

London, KY

#82940 Jul 21, 2012
Seems to be a nice panel of posters here so let me ask... Talk is one thing but if and when RFID implantation does become law where do you stand?... This is where the rubber meets the road... What say you?... Anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Lawson 3 min Heard 4
Who is the drive thru guy who works at McDonald... 1 hr JWC 4
Diversicare 1 hr Peg 16
Is Courtney Smith really pregnant again? 2 hr well 10
18 year old looking for an older gal 2 hr Sharee 4
oldest families of Kentucky (Oct '08) 3 hr sportpop 18
Hookers in town? 5 hr Dina 16
epb (Jan '17) 8 hr Goldie 43

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web