Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151684 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81748 Jul 1, 2012
Happy Sunday all, If you dont go to church may God bless you with being cool today. If you go to church may God bless you with a great dose of helping no matter where you go.(¬‿¬)
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81749 Jul 1, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> good for you for that reply to yaa. people who are nasty and pretend not to be are so transparent.
Not Nasty... Just truthful!
Sure... I could write out "Willfully Ignorant"... "Stupid" etc....
"Tard" is just shorter!
I wish Topix would put in a "Tard" button...
Even you would use it...'Anonymously'...
I'm just bold enough to tell you the truth!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81750 Jul 1, 2012
The Law wrote:
look folks. kids need to learn about evolution discovered by charles darwin which is a fact not an opinion and the big bang theory. they need learn science not superstition. religion can be taught in the aspect of history and how many wars were started due to religion and parts of the bible as literature. there are many differents types of religion. you have the bible in which constatine decided which gospels would be entered and they can also study the koran and theres catholics. and many others who have fought and died in the name of god. the students only need to study religion as a part of history. thats it.
Hahahahaha!
You said "Fact"...
Fact... Derwood only copied from his grandfather....
Big bang is a theory....
Only ONE God is REAL!
The Heavens delclair His Glory!
No facts in Evilution... ALL Conjecture!
Look it up!
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81751 Jul 1, 2012
In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,

Many times Satan whispered, "There is no need to try,
For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by"
But I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise
Where the storms never darken the skies.

When the long night has ended and the storms come no more,
Let me stand in Thy presence on the bright peaceful shore;
In that land where the tempest, never comes, Lord, may I
Dwell with Thee when the storm passes by.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81752 Jul 1, 2012
judas wrote:
<quoted text> the theories are not opinions. they are facts. evolution is a fact not an opinion. the big bang is a fact. the human race has evolved over a million years to what we are now. also to think that this is the only planet in the huge universe that sustains life is absured. come on. do u really think that science is wrong. be realistic,
"do u really think that science is wrong. be realistic"
In the discilines you're refering to... yes!
ALL Conjecture... Guesswork... Hogwash!
God is Real, and you can Know Him too!
That is.... IF you want to!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81753 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to be realistic evolution and big bang are not facts there theories. You think science is always correct because it's written in a text book instead of a bible. Theres no hard evidence that what u state is true or never will be. Did you change over from a Ape or see the big bang take place... Come on...
How can anything be a fact when someone says it takes millions of years to happen. Your just arguing teachings you believe and you think it actually took place, so why say anything about someone's religion, when yours is science and mine is God.
Great Post!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81754 Jul 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually incorrect on almost all counts.... Evolution has enough evidence that I consider it Proven, Evolution of Species has enough evidence to allow the Theory to stand but not Proven.. And the probability of life on other planets is Statistically pretty good, There is No Evidence... Science is Wrong all the time, It's Right Most of the time but Science Never Provides Absolutes... Science Only gathers, validates, Tests Evidence and provides Theory... Proof is a Individual construct... Evidence by the truck load will Not be enough for some to consider it proof , A single piece of evidence will be enough for some to consider it proof..
Great post!
H2O @ sea level boils @ 212f... Provable, testable, must be true!
Similar DNA between this, and that... must have a common ancestor... Not testable, not provable... NOT True!
Only Conjecture!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81755 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer rooms for future bombers?
Yep!
Muslims demanded Prayer rooms, so their kids could
go pray when Mohamud ordered it!
We can't even have the Big Ten posted!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81756 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you don't understand that within the theory, evolution does not require intervention. It is a series of mutations that benefit a specie's niche within its environment.
Then... WHY do we NOT have arms twice as long now....
Every homoerectus LOOKs alike... short arms!
You'd THINK that when we stuposedly came out of the trees
we'd have LONG arms to get the Fruit we got further away from!
It'd also come in handy when painting your house!
USE yer Brain!
Unless... Logic is far from you!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81757 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's finally happened. Emachines are smarter than their owners.
Hahaha!
Excuse me? Tha Machine has Nothing to do with the Website!
unless you have an Iphone.... LOL
BTW... it's an Acer w/Intel 8800 processor!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81758 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to understand... YAA has the KJV Timothy Leary edition. Explains a lot.
Tim and I go waaaaayyyyy back!
How do I know I'm NOT Delusional????
My mind has NEVER (not even before drugs) been so clear!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81759 Jul 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there are always turds in the punch bowl. Science is a human construct and prone to bias. But it also has the best filtering tools to remove bias, so we go with it.
Hahahahhaha!
Sure!
Those who filter out the poop move on to the Discovery Institute!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81760 Jul 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
They gave us Nuclear that was used by Non Scientist to kill a few hundred thousand, but was used by Scientist to save Millions of lives...
They Gave us Biologicals that have been used by non scientists to kill but used by scientist to save lives every day...
Scientist gave us Chemical Weapons used by non scientist to kill but the same chemical compositions gave us fertilizers and compounds that allow for the expansion of human kind...
Scientist do not push the buttons, fly the weapons, pull the triggers... That's in general done by the Believers...
"That's in general done by the Believers"
You might want to quantify the term "Believers"!
AS in I Believe they'll cut off our oil...
I Believe If i kill a hundred thousand of these people, I can keep the rest in line...
I Believe these people are hurting those people...
ect...
Don't forget... I Believe man came from monkeys, so it's ok to KILL their babies...
baffled

Cincinnati, OH

#81761 Jul 1, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>
One hit wonder, recorded while drunk, didn't remember the lyrics the next morning.
Actually, despite the bizarre comedy of this performance, Screamin’ J (James) had an especially rich and strong and beautiful voice and he recorded a number of number of songs during his career as a “race” artist. This, however, was his only “hit” in the crossover world of popular music, which drew him redefining his career with many performances of this freak show. A number of different artists have recorded this song without the accompanying bizarre act, but none as successfully as Screamin’ J.
juggalo

United States

#81762 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tim and I go waaaaayyyyy back!
How do I know I'm NOT Delusional????
My mind has NEVER (not even before drugs) been so clear!
Really ?? You mean there was a time when you were worse off in the head ?? If your mind is so clear and you are enlightened they way you say you are ..why do you contradict yourself so much
juggalo

United States

#81763 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"That's in general done by the Believers"
You might want to quantify the term "Believers"!
AS in I Believe they'll cut off our oil...
I Believe If i kill a hundred thousand of these people, I can keep the rest in line...
I Believe these people are hurting those people...
ect...
Don't forget... I Believe man came from monkeys, so it's ok to KILL their babies...
About that last part , you stated in earlier posts that god has allowed abortion since the 70s , so are you saying ultimately god believes we came from monkeys ?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#81764 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your the one that's rebuking facts with theory's, Is the light switch suppose to be one of your jokes toward someone who believes in god. Make that all up by yourself did ya, you dumb ass.
By typing on a keyboard you are using technology that is ONLY possible because of science. Try praying for a new kind of technology and see if it just drops out of the sky. People work hard on this stuff and it is both insulting and ignorant to deny the truth of it.

Regarding theories such as the modern synthesis of evolution, these are all based on facts. That animals evolve over time is a fact of nature. How it happens is the modern synthesis, the Theory of Evolution. Without this theory we would not have an effective understanding of how diseases change in reaction to treatments, or how pests become immune to pesticides.

That there is some kind wonkiness with time over distances is a fact. How we explain it is General Relativity, a theory. Without this theory your GPS would not work.

Without Newton's theory of how physical objects move around we couldn't have built planes or rocket ships.

None of these things fell from the sky, they were all achieved by hard work and much pondering. And we are constantly vetting them. We do not take them on faith.

That is how reality works.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81766 Jul 1, 2012
NRSC
Ronald Reagan once said “...the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.”
Of couse it's stupidity WHEN they know the truth, but turm thier heads, n close thier eyes to it!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81767 Jul 1, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what happens when you talk common sense with someone who thinks going to chucky cheese for a child's birthday party is a pagan ritual
Common sense?
Here is some Logic to rap yer common sense in...
We spend billions to clean drinking water, and let
soul pollution in our homes everyday!
Purity ma not be achieved on this earth, but we can at
least ACT like we care!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81768 Jul 1, 2012
Wrap...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
straight men that wear panties (May '09) 49 min pantylover2112 120
Wic 51 min Banker 25
Does anyone use SCRTC in Glasgow for TV service? 1 hr Delilah 1
Shelby gulley 1 hr toocool 19
Word Association (Jun '08) 2 hr toocool 5,338
Repost! Gary Johnson 2016 only SANE choice 2 hr Iamsomeone 1
Proof: The Moon Is Self Illuminating 2 hr Cognitive dissona... 22

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance