Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,346

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#80921 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an amputee?? I see you've asked this in an endless number of posts. It is an unfortunate loss to live with, I know. Disease, illness, death, suffering, and all other negative aspects of life are the result of sin. We are ALL sinners. Until sin entered the world, none of this existed. Total healing does not come until after death. God never promised it would. Jesus suffered, Paul suffered many maladies, and most all His closest endured many hardships and horrible deaths. Why should we expect to be treated better??
2 Chron. 7:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
People were healed all throughout the bible. There are promises of good health and other blessings by God.

You say that all the horrible things in the world are the result of sin, but is that fair? Is it fair that others doing wrong leads to the suffering of those who are not culpable? Even if someone sins (which sins don't exist in the sense that you believe), I don't think they necessarily deserve punishment. Someone who works on the sabbath shouldn't get cancer. Someone who covets doesn't deserve to die in a plane crash.

What do you make of the fact that all other animals have diseases and die? Did they sin? Do they deserve to suffer because of the supposed origin of sin?

You ask why we should expect to be treated better than those who have suffered and experienced great pain. Let me ask you something: why should anyone be subjected to such pain for eternity because they simply do not believe in God? Why do I have a greater sense of morality than the god you believe in? Why is it that I know humans shouldn't suffer or have to just endure hardships because of this ridiculous idea that we are committing imaginary crimes?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80922 Jun 19, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Micah is one of our groupís finest ambassadors to the underbelly world of sin and depravity, selflessly risking life and limb to minister to the needs of the whoremonger community. We taught him well an he exemplifies our ďtell it like it is, no holds barredĒ penetration to reach and save souls. Doing Godís work isnít always pretty or appreciated, just an altruistic demonstration of servitude. Thank you Brother Micah!
Turn or burn.
Since you like that one. Here is one of pastor Joseph at work.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80923 Jun 19, 2012
Why I am no longer a Christian

So, why am I no longer a Christian? It boils down to one thing - education. I know a lot more about the Bible now as an atheist than I did as a Christian. I know a lot more about Christian doctrines now as an atheist than I did as a Christian.

Or, at least, I have a different understanding of them now that I no longer believe them. I have a different understanding of God now that I no longer believe that he actually exists.

Education has made the difference. The education I gained reading skeptical materials has made the difference. But itís a good difference. I know how to think critically now. I know how to think for myself.

I know how to give my own life meaning apart from religion. I know how to live life happily free from the chains of religious mythology.

My Christian experience was not a bad one, and I have no doubt in my mind that I was a ďrealĒ Christian. But education stretches the mind, and like a rubber band that is stretched, the mind cannot return to its original condition once it has been stretched.

http://testimonials.exchristian.net/2008/06/w...
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80924 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Iíd just like to leave some tracts for you to read, in case you might change your mind.
Turn or burn.
Those "scare" tracts written by and for uneducated, superstitious simpletons? No thanks. Keep 'em and use 'em. You'd save money on Charmin.
Well Rev, since I now know you can't give me an answer to my amputee question (except "turn or burn"). I though maybe I'm starting out to hard for your god. so, here's nine more. Pick and choose, Rev.

Question #1: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
(Never mind, its already been established that one is too hard for you book-thumpers).

Question #2: Why are there so many starving children in our world?

Question #3: Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?

Question #4: Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

Question #5: Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?

Question #6: Why do bad things happen to good people?

Question #7: Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles leave behind any evidence?

Question #8: How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

Question #9: Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?

Question #10: Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

Enthrall us Reverend. Turn or burn. Ha.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80925 Jun 19, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
People were healed all throughout the bible. There are promises of good health and other blessings by God.
You say that all the horrible things in the world are the result of sin, but is that fair? Is it fair that others doing wrong leads to the suffering of those who are not culpable? Even if someone sins (which sins don't exist in the sense that you believe), I don't think they necessarily deserve punishment. Someone who works on the sabbath shouldn't get cancer. Someone who covets doesn't deserve to die in a plane crash.
What do you make of the fact that all other animals have diseases and die? Did they sin? Do they deserve to suffer because of the supposed origin of sin?
You ask why we should expect to be treated better than those who have suffered and experienced great pain. Let me ask you something: why should anyone be subjected to such pain for eternity because they simply do not believe in God? Why do I have a greater sense of morality than the god you believe in? Why is it that I know humans shouldn't suffer or have to just endure hardships because of this ridiculous idea that we are committing imaginary crimes?
Is it up to man to judge whether Godís decisions are fair? Come on, Salts, you know better than that. Donít you know that the whole Garden of Eden debacle about original sin is grossly misunderstood by mere mortals to be an injustice? You must know that all Godís creatures, human and animal, die and that itís not a punishment.

But, where our souls go when we die is up to us and how we lived our lives. We might be promoted to Heaven or dragged by Satan to suffer eternal Hell for our wretched, sinful lives. There are certain ďtricks of the tradeĒ that are important to know, of course. First and foremost, youíve got to get saved in order to get that original sin washed off. Then, remember to live as saintly a life as possible thereafter. Itís good for the soul and will also be appreciated by family and friends. In balance, however, whatís more important than what you do is what you believe.
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#80926 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "scare" tracts written by and for uneducated, superstitious simpletons? No thanks. Keep 'em and use 'em. You'd save money on Charmin.
Well Rev, since I now know you can't give me an answer to my amputee question (except "turn or burn"). I though maybe I'm starting out to hard for your god. so, here's nine more. Pick and choose, Rev.
Question #1: Why Won't God Heal Amputees?
(Never mind, its already been established that one is too hard for you book-thumpers).
Question #2: Why are there so many starving children in our world?
Question #3: Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?
Question #4: Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?
Question #5: Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?
Question #6: Why do bad things happen to good people?
Question #7: Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles leave behind any evidence?
Question #8: How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?
Question #9: Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?
Question #10: Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?
Enthrall us Reverend. Turn or burn. Ha.
Revvy has worked so hard with his ministry today that he asked me to fill in for a few minutes. I know heís very concerned that your anger has not resolved and regrets that you have initially chosen to refuse his helpful tracts, which are written by our Insight Committee and artfully illustrated in full color by professional artists. We find them a convenient and attractive addition to our Discovery Lounge coffee tables. Always popular with our visitors, they often just disappear, to be read later. Please keep that in mind.

Iíll let Revvy know youíre still interested in keeping in touch. Be well.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80927 Jun 19, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
We might be promoted to Heaven or dragged by Satan to suffer eternal Hell for our wretched, sinful lives.
Darryl, who's incharge of hell?

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#80928 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Just a quick business question: May I use you screen name as the title for my next illustrated book?
How incredibly sweet and noble of you to ask. Honest too. By all means. Let me know, I'd like to read it. I like the moniker. It just kinda rolls of your tongue as someone else told me. A girlfriend of mine calls me "Hell Baby".

:o)

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#80929 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
And you donít see that as a problem? My goodness
All children need to be steeped in good Christian family values. We canít have some people killing or coveting their neighbors just because their particular ďinterpretationĒ of the Bible says it may be OK. The KJV is the ultimate authority of Godís Holy Word.
Turn or burn.
Wow. You are THE STEREOTYPE of stereotypes.
I don't think you believe any of this nonsense.
You're just trolling.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80930 Jun 19, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Revvy has worked so hard with his ministry today that he asked me to fill in for a few minutes. I know heís very concerned that your anger has not resolved and regrets that you have initially chosen to refuse his helpful tracts, which are written by our Insight Committee and artfully illustrated in full color by professional artists. We find them a convenient and attractive addition to our Discovery Lounge coffee tables. Always popular with our visitors, they often just disappear, to be read later. Please keep that in mind.
Iíll let Revvy know youíre still interested in keeping in touch. Be well.
Hmmmmmm. This is twice now that "Revvy" has jumped ship and let you take over for him, "Darryl." And both times it has been when I fronted him and his little tin god out. What are you, a fluffer? and by the way, You're "kill 'em with kindness" approach doesn't work, either. It just bolsters my arguments and re-enforces everything I claim you and Revvy are...manipulators who have been manipulated themselves into scaring simple-minded people into joining your cult. You're a blind peon at best. I can barely muster the energy to tear the Rev down. I certainly won't waste time on one of his parrots.*Squawk**turn or burn**Squawk*

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#80931 Jun 19, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You are THE STEREOTYPE of stereotypes.
I don't think you believe any of this nonsense.
You're just trolling.
I doubt that. Not the manner or subject material I see most trolls speak of. "Stereotype"?? That can be a good thing. We are to be One in Christ.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80932 Jun 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like that one. Here is one of pastor Joseph at work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lMDHzPjHgPgXX
Isnít that Morticia Addams moderating Pastor Josephís attacks on Mullah Sheik Omar?
HELL

Marengo, IN

#80933 Jun 19, 2012

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#80934 Jun 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Why I am no longer a Christian
So, why am I no longer a Christian? It boils down to one thing - education. I know a lot more about the Bible now as an atheist than I did as a Christian. I know a lot more about Christian doctrines now as an atheist than I did as a Christian.
Or, at least, I have a different understanding of them now that I no longer believe them. I have a different understanding of God now that I no longer believe that he actually exists.
Education has made the difference. The education I gained reading skeptical materials has made the difference. But itís a good difference. I know how to think critically now. I know how to think for myself.
I know how to give my own life meaning apart from religion. I know how to live life happily free from the chains of religious mythology.
My Christian experience was not a bad one, and I have no doubt in my mind that I was a ďrealĒ Christian. But education stretches the mind, and like a rubber band that is stretched, the mind cannot return to its original condition once it has been stretched.
http://testimonials.exchristian.net/2008/06/w...
I agree.
"We Are Atheism" is another interesting site.
http://www.weareatheism.com/
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80935 Jun 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Darryl, who's incharge of hell?
OK Darryl, youíre needed in the Discovery Lounge. I can take it from here. This oneís easy.

Donít you know? Satan, of course. Who else?

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80936 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that. Not the manner or subject material I see most trolls speak of. "Stereotype"?? That can be a good thing. We are to be One in Christ.
I'm picking out music I can with me when I'm in hell.

The Trammps Disco Inferno

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#80937 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not the manner" is right. You (that is Rev, Darryl and you) are good at using an unusual "style."

But the point is that ALL the right catchphrases are there.
All the official Fundie Christian BS.

You're just too "perfect" to be believable.
You are baiting people for the attention.

And no, you aren't a Christian, not of any kind.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80938 Jun 19, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
"We Are Atheism" is another interesting site.
http://www.weareatheism.com/
Thanks, looks interesting to me.
Dakota Hudson

Cincinnati, OH

#80939 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
How incredibly sweet and noble of you to ask. Honest too. By all means. Let me know, I'd like to read it. I like the moniker. It just kinda rolls of your tongue as someone else told me. A girlfriend of mine calls me "Hell Baby".
:o)
Hey Hell Baby, Reverend Goodie Two Shoes donít need to see this, but I like your style. My next tatt is gonna say ďHell BabyĒ with a gray skull licking orange flames with a big slurppy red tongue. Just for you babe! Hope your gf donít care, but it ainít none of her business and she donít need to know about it anyway. <3

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80940 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
OK Darryl, youíre needed in the Discovery Lounge. I can take it from here. This oneís easy.
Donít you know? Satan, of course. Who else?
Satan works for God, thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason fields arrested for shooting 36 min little bird 3
Johnny bell 39 min taxpayer 4
wreck in bon ayr (Jun '09) 51 min aaa 13
Ugliest Women in Barren Co 57 min Lou Weegee 2
Johnny Pill Bell 2 hr Skeeter 1
sheep are catching on 4 hr back off 5
Bendix (Bowling Green, KY) (Apr '12) 4 hr little bird 17
Bully's Catfish House Sucks (Jul '11) 12 hr lawler 43
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Jan 26 Uknowme 1,106
Glasgow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM