barren county halth care center

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yyyyyyyyyyy

Campbellsville, KY

#1 May 11, 2008
has anyone besides me had bad luck with family there, there is one girl on 3 to 11 that is very rude to patients
Lady Golfer

Glasgow, KY

#2 May 11, 2008
I would report any rudeness to Steve Brown, the Administrator. This is very inapporpriate in Long Term Care. The Residents have rights and there is an Abuse Policy that they must comply with. I would probably point this out to that girl myself if I observed it. One day I was at Walmart and one of the check out girls was being rude and acting like she didn't want to be there. I told her, "Next time I will remember not to get in your line". She apoligized to me and since has been nicer. Some people don't know how to treat other people anymore.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Campbellsville, KY

#3 May 11, 2008
is this girl you are referring to black
Alica

Glasgow, KY

#4 May 11, 2008
My mother-in-law is there! We love the people there! I will have to say it is the nicest home in this area!
farmgal

Horse Cave, KY

#5 May 11, 2008
My grandmother was there and boy, was she a handful. She had Alzheimers and other things going on and she was very hard to take care of. They were good to her at BCHC.
If you're having problems with an employee, like a nurse's aide or a nurse, I would tell Lisa Riley. She's the Director of Nursing. I promise you she will take care of the problem.
Michelle

Glasgow, KY

#6 May 12, 2008
Mr. Brown and Mrs. Riley have both been there for years. They were there when I worked there in '92-'93. If there is ever an incident that needs attention, you need to report it. Even if it's only to the charge nurse. If that doesn't yield results, go to the next level up-Mrs. Riley. I have no doubts that she would handle the situation. But, if you are still not comfortable with the level of care your family member has gotten, feel free to contact Mr. Brown. That's what he's there for and he is very approachable.
Patricia R

Glasgow, KY

#7 May 13, 2008
Since you were speaking of Barren County Health Care... I was there the other night and saw a name of a lady... Her son used to work at houchens bagging groceries... I just wondered what ever happened with him... I know he was a Jones and I can not for the life of me remmeber his name! Sweet kid...
TLR

Glasgow, KY

#8 May 13, 2008
His name is Alan Jones and he is a teacher at Glasgow Middle School. His mother is a Barren County and is a sweet lady.
kygirl

Glasgow, KY

#9 May 13, 2008
I worked at Barren County for alot of years,there was no abuse that I ever saw.I have been down there a few times and in the dinning room,the girls talk pretty rough to the patients,and I have said things to the head nurse about it,it stopped while I was there.I think if any one sees any type of abuse,it should be reported imediately,if you dont then you are as much to blame as the person doing it,becuase you are doing nothing to stop it.Please say something MrBrown or Mrs.Riley asap!!!!!!
Lady Golfer

Glasgow, KY

#10 May 13, 2008
Well, one of the Rupe girls work there and someone said Lonnie Freeman's sister works there. Both there brothers have been accused of murder. Maybe they need to look at who they hire. They have a lot of turnover in nurses aids. Lisa want put up with anyone mistreating a resident. Verbal abuse would be considered if someone was rude, haitful or spoke to a resident in any manner that was inappropriate. I have visited some residents there and the only thing I've heard is that they don't answer call lights and that some of the staff aren't real friendly. I would speak to Lisa Riley if I had any concernes at all. Also, Yvonne Martin is the Social Worker and she has been there for years. Like kygirl stated above, "If you don't report it you are as much to blame." In other words, if you see or hear anything that is inappropriate you have a moral obligation to report it. How can they fix a problem if they don't know about it. That is a good nursing home, they don't need those type people working there.
who

Horse Cave, KY

#11 May 13, 2008
Lady Golfer wrote:
Well, one of the Rupe girls work there and someone said Lonnie Freeman's sister works there. Both there brothers have been accused of murder. Maybe they need to look at who they hire. They have a lot of turnover in nurses aids. Lisa want put up with anyone mistreating a resident. Verbal abuse would be considered if someone was rude, haitful or spoke to a resident in any manner that was inappropriate. I have visited some residents there and the only thing I've heard is that they don't answer call lights and that some of the staff aren't real friendly. I would speak to Lisa Riley if I had any concernes at all. Also, Yvonne Martin is the Social Worker and she has been there for years. Like kygirl stated above, "If you don't report it you are as much to blame." In other words, if you see or hear anything that is inappropriate you have a moral obligation to report it. How can they fix a problem if they don't know about it. That is a good nursing home, they don't need those type people working there.
I don't know the ladies you spoke of but I don't think you can judge somebody by there brother or any other family member, that is unfair.
I think Barren County is a good facility and Steve Brown is a very good administrator.
Lady Golfer

Glasgow, KY

#12 May 13, 2008
You're right. Sometimes personality characteristics are not the same in siblings. I am not judging them. The Rupe girl has been there a long time and the few times I saw her she was nice to me. I don't know who could be rude to any of the elderly. I will wonder when I visit and see the employees if they are the one that was rude.
know it all

Glasgow, KY

#13 May 13, 2008
Well I don't know who Freeman's sister is, but I do know Nora. She has worked at Barren co for many years. I worked there back in 96 for awhile and she was a really good aide. I have to say that much for the Rupes, She is nothing like Troy. She has always gone to church and tried to live right. You can't judge the whole family for a few bad apples. I know that Nora was really good to the patiets and did provide really good patient care. She trained me and I think I turned out pretty good.
Crazy Eye

Buffalo, TX

#14 May 13, 2008
Patricia R wrote:
Since you were speaking of Barren County Health Care... I was there the other night and saw a name of a lady... Her son used to work at houchens bagging groceries... I just wondered what ever happened with him... I know he was a Jones and I can not for the life of me remmeber his name! Sweet kid...
He married a wonderful girl from Tompkinsville. They have two beautiful Kids. Happily Ever After are they!
Lady Golfer

Glasgow, KY

#15 May 13, 2008
A family member was the one that told me that she was Troy's sister. Also, that an aid Tina somebody is Lonnie Freeman's sister. I don't know her. There are alot of younger girls there, too. Administration needs to know if there is anyone being rude to the paients. If whoever it was that was rude to one she's probably been rude to others. Report it!
cowgirl

Glasgow, KY

#16 May 16, 2008
Crazy Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
He married a wonderful girl from Tompkinsville. They have two beautiful Kids. Happily Ever After are they!
allen jones is a good man with a wonderful family...he has done very well for himself... he has two of the most beautiful kids i have ever seen...
BE AWARE

Cave City, KY

#17 May 16, 2008
Lady Golfer wrote:
A family member was the one that told me that she was Troy's sister. Also, that an aid Tina somebody is Lonnie Freeman's sister. I don't know her. There are alot of younger girls there, too. Administration needs to know if there is anyone being rude to the paients. If whoever it was that was rude to one she's probably been rude to others. Report it!
if lonnie freeman's sister is working there, she might murder someone.
christy lynn

United States

#18 May 16, 2008
BE AWARE wrote:
<quoted text>if lonnie freeman's sister is working there, she might murder someone.
This is riduclous there are many members of this community that have had realtivies to commit crimes i think if we all relied on our families to act well for us to make it in this world we would all be in trouble you people need to stop... ive worked at bchc and a few other facilites there are bad people everywhere but i dont see any of you who are complaining able to do the job these women and men are doing to take care of your loved ones after all you could always keep your families at home then there would be no need for nursing homes right? next time you want to complain step up and actually do something about it ive seen so many ppl say there loved one is being abused but go home at the end of the day and leave them there ppl like that dont seam too concerened sounds to me like ppl who just need to run others down
DUMB ASSESSSSSSSS

Glasgow, KY

#19 May 17, 2008
AT LEAST TROY'S SISTER AND FREEMANS' SISTER IS WORKING AND THAT IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ON HERE.
wondering

Horse Cave, KY

#20 May 18, 2008
OK! Diane please stop.Truth allways comes out in the end.Please Stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelby gulley 4 min toocool 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Beerbelly 153,563
Another Word Game. (Nov '08) 1 hr bored420 2,614
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 1 hr bored420 674
Clowns 1 hr Charry Chan 13
Where dem clowns at? 1 hr Krusty 3
Taryn Riddle 1 hr Another Glasgow w... 17

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages