'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 253263 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Jay

Springville, TN

#47140 Sep 2, 2012
This is guaranteed to tick some of you off. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I just thought it was funny...as in...ha-ha.

Our Boy Jeff

This is straight forward country thinking...If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Well, I forwarded it.
potter

Boise, ID

#47141 Sep 2, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
TOFY, Give this some thought if you will.The Muslim religion was created around 900 A.D. Just after the prophet Mohammed died he was said to have appointed his nephew Hussein Ali to carry on Islam. Under a flag of truce Hussein Ali was murdered by the faction now known as Sunni. The Shiite claim to be the only true Muslim and consider the Sunni as infidels! Both factions have one thing in common; they hate the Western way of life. Their claim is that the 12th Imam will rise soon and unite both sects of Islam as well as the rest of the world! The goal of Islam is world domination! It is only about .4 billion less in number and the Christian religion. Islam is rapidly gaining in numbers, surpassing Christian religions as it relates to converts! Supposedly their 12th Imam will unite the divided faction and the world under the Islamic faith. I do not know what you believe when it comes to religion, if anything. However I am a Christian, not a good one but a Christian! I have this wild belief that we are living the days of the book of revelations in the Bible? Their description of this supposed savior sounds much to me like the antichrist? Who will in fact unite the world into a one world government; and how to best attain that, religion! Just throwing this out; as food for thought. Take it for what it is worth, a viewpoint of mine. When we look outside our homes we are not likely to see any Muslims. In the rest of the world that is not the case!. Now everyone can think I'm crazy as hell!
Almost all religions believe it is going to be the end of days in their days,it's almost egotistical.Most religions are going for world domination,why was Romney in France?Some religions will only give donations and or help the starving children in other countries if they attend their services or be baptized.
Jay

Springville, TN

#47142 Sep 2, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite correct!:)
America "lost" a great president when we lost JFK!
No one "knew" of his sexual antics then....
Things like that was PRIVATE!
People ONLY bring it out now-a-days for the BIG bucks!
It sells....
The more salacious and gory....the MORE money they make!:(

The Kennedy clan were all devout Catholics. We saw them go to church, we heard the news media proclaim it.
The Kennedy boys were said to be "rounders" in spite of their religion which forbits some of what they did in the commandments....you know? Marily Monroe, good ole Teddy, etc., etc.

I have no idea. Was it real or was it the media?

Can't say...wasn't there...never saw it myself.

Know what I mean?
Keep In Mind

Columbia, KY

#47143 Sep 2, 2012
Unfortunately a politician's religion is too often used as a cheap scare tactic. It has been used many times throughout history and will probably get worse. Its pathetic "gotcha politics" at its most at its lowest. Although we may be at a historical milestone where both candidates religion is used as weapons of misinformation. So sad, with so many suffering, that a candidate's personal spiritualty, distract the masses from demanding real solutions.
potter

Boise, ID

#47144 Sep 2, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
So you blame Republicans for an increse in American Islam? Damed Interesting when they are gaining worldwide by far greater numbers, Republicans at fault there too?I guess you Democrats support Pakistan in putting that 11-year-old girl to death, who just happens to have Down syndrome for being a Christian and holding a couple of pages that were burned from that filthy Koran ? I'm going to buy a Koran and wipe my ass with its pages; that okay with you? Why should I be friendly with a so-called religion that puts children to death, beats women and hates everyone! I can proudly say I am anti-Islam and it has nothing to do with being a Republican! If Democrats want to kiss their God damn ass, go for it!
Maybe you should go ahead and read up on the bible and put that in the bathroom too.
potter

Boise, ID

#47145 Sep 2, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>No one will think you're crazy my friend.
It's just not in me to judge,condemn,berate,slander nor fear another man's religion.
I attended mostly Baptist churches,but I been in most every kind in Eastern KY..including snake handling...believe me it's an experience
you'll never forget.
There is a spirituality that exists! I've see it in action people talking in tongues and walking on top of pews it will make the hair stand up on your head!
But I would say the old fashion tent rivals our my favorite,it's so
real to me.
A natural feeling of comfort. A outside sermon so to speak.
I'd like to see more preachers just go stand on a rock, call people together deliver God's word in that fashion.
With all that being said it's up to each of us no matter what our ethnic background to find that spirituality..tap into and hold on to it!
My work presented my with the opportunity to meet and become friends
with so many people of diverse backgrounds and religions...and I just see more likenesses than differences...I guess that's where I'm coming from?
I will tell you this I do Believe God is Love and if we have no Love in our heart how can we have God?
So whatever all that makes me..I guess?that's what I am!
tofy
I wonder if there was love before god?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#47146 Sep 2, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kennedy clan were all devout Catholics. We saw them go to church, we heard the news media proclaim it.
The Kennedy boys were said to be "rounders" in spite of their religion which forbits some of what they did in the commandments....you know? Marily Monroe, good ole Teddy, etc., etc.
I have no idea. Was it real or was it the media?
Can't say...wasn't there...never saw it myself.
Know what I mean?
True!...:)
Are You Kidding

Flint, MI

#47147 Sep 2, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Colorado University Offers Course Credits To Students Who Campaign For Obama…
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/08/31/colorado-u...
Obama speech to soldiers met with silence
The audience remains quiet even when the commander-in-chief thanked the soldiers’ families, and cited the 198 deaths of their comrades in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The audience’s reaction was so flat that the president tried twice to elicit a reaction from the crowd.
“Hey, I hear you,” he said amid silence.
The selected soldiers who were arrayed behind the president sat quietly throughout the speech.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/31/obama-speec...
I actually saw that and you could tell how uncomfortable Obama was. Do you remember the applause George W always received around any of the military????
potter

Boise, ID

#47148 Sep 2, 2012
Jay wrote:
This is guaranteed to tick some of you off. Don't say I didn't warn you!
I just thought it was funny...as in...ha-ha.
Our Boy Jeff
This is straight forward country thinking...If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.
If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".
Well, I forwarded it.
I'm democrat ,and I can agree with some of that,but what does it mean when you don't forward or delete?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#47149 Sep 2, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually saw that and you could tell how uncomfortable Obama was. Do you remember the applause George W always received around any of the military????
Yes, I do :)
potter

Boise, ID

#47150 Sep 2, 2012
Call Me Justin Case wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant, and I will pray for you. The Book of Mormon is equal to the bible, and you should definately read it. It was given to the great prophet Joseph Smith by God himself. If it were up to me, you wouldn't be allowed to buy one without the other. I dream of an America where 100% have come to the true word. I know it can
happen in our lifetimes. We will all be Gods someday.
there,s another book to put in the bathroom.I'v been to mormon churches I do believe they are under some kind of spell.I,v been to alot of different churches.I have alot of friends who are religious .If you believe in the mormon faith you are an idiot.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#47151 Sep 2, 2012
Keep In Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You have quite a filthy mouth and harbor a lot of hate to be such a perfect Christian.
Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!
By: John Duncan

The most misquoted verse in the Bible is probably Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged." We hear this verse multiple times a day.

Let’s See What the Bible Really Says About Judging:

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa 37:30)
There are many other passages and verses in the Bible about judging. While God is our ultimate Judge, He has also commanded us to judge according to the Word of God.

According to the Webster’s Dictionary, to judge means "to discern, to distinguish, to form an opinion, to compare facts or ideas, and perceive their agreement or disagreement, and thus to distinguish truth from falsehood." Therefore, when you say that your neighbor is a "good person," you are passing a judgment (forming an opinion) just as much as when you say that the thief is a "bad person."

If there were no judgment...

All the prisons would be empty and thieves, serial killers, drug dealers, rapists, and murderers would be loose in your neighborhood.

You could not discipline your children and teach them not to steal, lie, do drugs, or give in to peer pressure.

How Are We to Judge?

1. We are to judge righteously. Jesus commands in John 7:24, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Judge by the Word of God and Its principles, not by someone’s skin color, whether they are tall or short (inherited physical traits), etc.

Judge yourself first to see if you are guilty of that sin. Live what you preach. Only after you get your life cleaned up by turning from your sins and receiving pardon through repentance and faith in Jesus (i.e. you get saved) you can go and help others to be saved too.

http://www.cfirecm.com/QandA/Judge%20Not%20Le...
pathetic

Columbia, KY

#47152 Sep 2, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do :)
You referring to the "mission accomplished" speach I guess? Good call. Watching the speech myself just now, you obviously don't know what discipline and bearing are. They dont respond like a bunch of covention going cheerleading morons. you obviously dont know what a giant unison hua! means.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Watch again and tell me again how unresponsive they were, and how awkward he was. I really think you're grasping at some pretty thin straws

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47153 Sep 2, 2012
Republicans hate Hollywood and the celebrities that work in the industry. Well only the Democratic ones that is. They are fine with Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris, Charlton Heston, Alex Trebek, Fred Thompson, Kelsey Grammer and especially Ronald Reagan just to name a few. They also liked Clint Eastwood, that is until after he embarrassed them as their highly anticipated mystery speaker at last weeks convention. Now they have removed his performance in their new Romney campaign You-Tube account.
Poor Clint......he tried to pretend he was for Mitt but his heart just wasn't in it.
Hey

Ashland, KY

#47155 Sep 2, 2012
Ron Paul 2012

Fontana, CA

#47156 Sep 2, 2012
Gary Johnson is a sell out and a liar as well!:
Keep In Mind

Columbia, KY

#47157 Sep 2, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!
By: John Duncan
The most misquoted verse in the Bible is probably Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged." We hear this verse multiple times a day.
Let’s See What the Bible Really Says About Judging:
"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa 37:30)
There are many other passages and verses in the Bible about judging.
Self-righteousness is one of the hardest sins to avoid because it is so much easier to see other people's faults than to see our own faults. But, judgment of a person's character must be left to God (Romans 2:1-4,James 4:11-12). Rather than look for faults in others, we should look for the good in others and try to correct the faults within ourselves. Rather than criticizing other people, we should concentrate on living holy lives, ourselves. Jesus' comical parable of a person with a log in his eye trying to see to remove a speck from another's eye reminds us that we probably have bigger faults within ourselves (including self-righteousness) than the faults we like to criticize in others:Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor,'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye. (NRSV, Matthew 7:1-5)

This does not mean, however, that all sin should be ignored:Christians should help each other recognize and overcome sinful actions and attitudes, but it must be done in a sincere spirit of love and not with the intention to punish, embarrass or disparage (Matthew 18:15, Luke 17:3-4, 1 Thessalonians 5:14, James 5:19-20, 1 Timothy 5:1-2, 2 Timothy 4:2).Governments have the right to act for the common good and take action against offenders who threaten law and order (Luke 20:20-25, Romans 13:1-7, Titus 3:1, 1 Peter 2:13-14).Churches have the right to excommunicate members who are disruptive to their mission (Matthew 18:15-17, 1 Corinthians 5:9-12, 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15).
Ron Paul 2012

Fontana, CA

#47158 Sep 2, 2012
Gary Johnson is a liar and a sell out as well!:
Keep In Mind

Columbia, KY

#47159 Sep 2, 2012
1Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things. 2You say, "We know that God's judgment on those who do such things is in accordance with truth." 3Do you imagine, whoever you are, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God? 4Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience? Do you not realize that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
Keep In Mind

Columbia, KY

#47160 Sep 2, 2012
James 4:11-1211Do not speak evil against one another, brothers and sisters. Whoever speaks evil against another or judges another, speaks evil against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy. So who, then, are you to judge your neighbor?NRSV

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min ChromiuMan 156,502
Money laundering at Slaytons junk palace 54 min Info 4
Need to know about Daniel Bledsoe 2 hr Robert 21
Glasgow High School 2 hr What 38
Good news on Dana closure (Apr '16) 2 hr Special 34
Need Info on a Andrew Joiner and Dustin Taylor ... 2 hr Unacceptable 2
Tattoos are disgusting!!! And tasteless!!!! For... (Jun '12) 15 hr eric 536

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages