Next Last
Papa G

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2010
How did the concert go last night?
Wild Child

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 10, 2010
I enjoyed it. But I thought the opening act sounded better and was more interactive with the crowd. Johnson was just too loud, didn't say one word to the crowd and played more songs by other singers than his own. But it was still fun and Johnson is a good singer. It was my first time to the Plaza and it is a beautiful theater.
yeehawww

Horse Cave, KY

#3 Jul 10, 2010
from what friends are sayins is that it sucked big!!!!! time........,the sound person working the speakers and mic's and everything apparently didnt have a clue how to and he had the music so loud that even the people sitting close to front couldnt hear the words at all,you could see him and hear music but as far as singing it seems that the people got ripped off big time!!!
Loved It

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2010
He was wonderful and i agree the sound sucked, but it always does in that place, it is not big enough to handle the type of sound system that a real band needs. And as far as the ones that played before him i would not even call them a real band as i have heard 5th. graders do better as far as playing music and singing imoo
The show he done in Bowling Green last year was a hell of alot better. But still had a great time.
music lover

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jul 10, 2010
I've been to the Plaza for several concerts....It depends on the band, on how the sound system is....The worst I saw was BILLY CURRINGTON.....He is a great singer, but his concert did SUCK! You could not understand and word he was singing....MUCH TOO LOUD!!!! The HEADHUNTERS was a little too loud, but that was kindof expected out of that type of band.....Everyone else there has been GREAT.....Sound was PERFECT! I think it depends on the band.....
first timer

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jul 10, 2010
yea a little loud but still pretty good for glasgow i would have liked to seen j.j conect more with the crowd or at least said something.the opening act i thought was very good and there sound was a lot better.i loved that song about the cows
info

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jul 10, 2010
That sound is called BULLING
growing paines

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 10, 2010
times are a changing for glasgow if we allow it,the plaza has a good sound system and a fairly good staff.and they do take volunteers, so if any of you experenced sound people would like to help out you can sign up.both johnson and cruz done a great job.and it will only get better if people of barren co.could pull together
645sop

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Hey all sound critics live sound is nothing like listening to the radio. If you need perfect sound then stay home and play a CD.
George Martin

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2010
Loved It wrote:
He was wonderful and i agree the sound sucked, but it always does in that place, it is not big enough to handle the type of sound system that a real band needs. And as far as the ones that played before him i would not even call them a real band as i have heard 5th. graders do better as far as playing music and singing imoo
The show he done in Bowling Green last year was a hell of alot better. But still had a great time.
I do not agree that the sound always sucks there. Sure the loud acts that refuse to adjust to the room do, but Marty Stuart, Kathy Mattea,John Conlee, Sam Bush, and even Tracy lawrence who was loud but could hear everything for example, pros that have been around for a while, sounded like a darn CD. These new artists like Currington, johnsons egos just will not allow themselves to adjust to different venues. They play one volume, one way, and if its too loud and sucks, too bad. They just figure the building should have been bigger.
Plaza Technical Director

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jul 10, 2010
growing paines wrote:
times are a changing for glasgow if we allow it,the plaza has a good sound system and a fairly good staff.and they do take volunteers, so if any of you experenced sound people would like to help out you can sign up.both johnson and cruz done a great job.and it will only get better if people of barren co.could pull together
The sound system used for these major artist shows at the Plaza are rented or brought in by the artist, they do not belong to the Plaza and The Plaza does not operate the sound for thes big artists.Nor does the Plaza have any control on the volume or quality of the mix. The artists contract demands complete control over these issues. It is operated by the artist personally hired soundman that travels everywhere with them. So when it sounds bad the only person you can blame is THE ARTIST. As he or she is in control of who they hire to mix their show. The only time the plazas system is used is for smaller plays, and local events.Its a decent system but it does not meet the requirements of the national acts.
Radioguy 93

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jul 10, 2010
I have to say I thought the sound was better for The opener. I also couldn't hear Jameys singing. I stood up close for a while, then after I moved back near the sound board I could hear him fine.
Dutch

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 10, 2010
I was not impressed with the opening act at all. The sound sucked for the whole event. A lot of (most of) the time you could not even understand the words.

The plaze will never take off until you can actually get a cold drink at the snack bar. I dont mean a beer, though that would be great, I mean a cold soft drink or water. When I went out to get a drink they didnt have anything cold. It's not like it was hot or anything in the building.
gimmiemore

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jul 10, 2010
hell yea it was loud. burly cruz rocked the plaza an jamey johson shook the square.and i freaking loved it .BIG THANKS to the plaza,the promo.dude robert tally? and all the sponsors.........you know what they say .IF ITS TO LOUD MAY BE YOUR TO DAMN OLD TO BE THERE
Plaza Technical Director

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jul 10, 2010
Radioguy 93 wrote:
I have to say I thought the sound was better for The opener. I also couldn't hear Jameys singing. I stood up close for a while, then after I moved back near the sound board I could hear him fine.
thats apretty common problem that occurs now more than it used to when acts were using conventional monitor speakers and side fills. When you get really close to the stage you sort of get in a dead zone (inside and almost beside or behind the speaker stacks instead of in front of them where the sound comes out)and all you hear is the stage volume (amplified instruments and live drums directly in front of you) The unamplified voice alone cannot compete with this stage volume and since the voice is only amplified through the Sound system speakers which you have now taken out of the equation by moving into that dead zone, especially now with the acts not using conventional amplified monitors,instead, using in ear monitors that no one can hear but the person wearing them. You used to be able to hear the "bleed" of the conventional monitors if you were close to the stage which helped fill in that dead zone. Burly Cruz used conventional monitors and I think that helped their vocals sit in the mix better. But more than that, their stage volume was lower than Johnsons allowing plenty of headroom for the vocals. The sound company did have a few front fill speakers laying on the apron of the stage but they probably were not enough,they just didn't have them adjusted loud enough, or most likely,with people standing up at the stage they completely blocked those off, so no one but the persons directly in front of them got to hear them. Its really crazy but sometimes the best seats for watching a show is not the best place for listening. If you want to hear a show at its best you need to be at least 10-15 rows back near the center. Theres just a lot more involved than most folks realize. its not just a matter of turning a microphone up. And every show we do at the Plaza is a learning experience.What we learn from this show will hopefully make the next one better.We have been trying to raise funds for a rigging system that could possibly include flypoints where the speakers could be flown up high and help spread the sound and would take care of a lot of these problems.Hope this helps explain. Thanks
hey dutch

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jul 10, 2010
one other thing, the word plaza is spelled P L A Z A not p l a z e you dumass
Dutch

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 10, 2010
hey dutch wrote:
Oh wow you sure got me on that! Regardless of my spelling and/or grammatical errors the truth remains 1) Burley Cruz sucks. 2) The sound sucked. 3) You could not purchase a cold drink in that festering sauna. At 40.00 a ticket most would expect better.
Oh and one more thing there Rhode Scholar, its dumbass.
Dutch

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jul 10, 2010
hey dutch wrote:
Signed,

Burley Cruz
Jerimiah Johnson

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2010
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow you sure got me on that! Regardless of my spelling and/or grammatical errors the truth remains 1) Burley Cruz sucks. 2) The sound sucked. 3) You could not purchase a cold drink in that festering sauna. At 40.00 a ticket most would expect better.
Oh and one more thing there Rhode Scholar, its dumbass.
Wow Dutch, you sure know a lot about sucking
I was there

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jul 10, 2010
well, the opening act wasnt good at all by no means. the sound was the way it should have been for a concert burley cruz hurt thereself by talking about topixs thats all you have to remember them by..there comments!!! on stage. As far as jamey johnson a great songwriter but live, was not so good we left after his 5th song! seen him in louisville and was the same way! burley cruz are as big as they will ever been. to have open for lee brice and MG and now jamey johnson i have no idea why they are still able to open for anybody, i do know they did a show with kevin smith and jeff bates but dont really remember them because the singer was so off beat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 151,926
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 1 hr FORREST 591
Donald Trump and the Republican Party 2 hr ha 7
Pedophile Arrested in Glasgow 6 hr Wow 5
kelsey stinnett 6 hr Wow 2
Trump Lied 7 hr tabby 53
Cute guys at akebono Glasgow 8 hr Nasty 3

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages