Kelly Bell out of GHS
JMO

Glasgow, KY

#41 Apr 15, 2010
#1 Her contract was not renewed so she is still principal until the end of the year.
#2 Calling the kids into the gym for a drama filled announcement of her not being re-hired was an immature, self-serving stunt that adds credence to the dismissal. She should not have caused this uproar with the kids a week before testing starts and a week after a student was tragically lost in an auto accident. A professional (concerned with students) would have waited to address the kids until the end of the year.
#3 Her job was not saved by the Good-Ole-Boys three years ago.....The Good-Ole-Boys (and Gals) wanted to save RW and she got the benefit.

I like KB but there has been too much smoke for there not to be a fire somewhere. Perfect time for a new start; new Super, new Principal, new School....hopefully GIS can get it right for the first time in a long time.
SouthernPride

Elizabethtown, KY

#42 Apr 15, 2010
More than likely wrote:
Glass wanted her gone. He runs "Glassgow"
What Glass man are you talking about?
Facts Straight

Glasgow, KY

#43 Apr 15, 2010
just sick wrote:
The politics in that town are not to be believed. But I can tell you this...there is no better principal than Kelly Bell...her equal, yes, but not better. The kids always came first, and she treated her staff and faculty with courtesy, professionalism and enthusiasm. She is a true leader, and she has taken hits that I wouldn't want to feel. It is unfortunate the students will lose such a positive role model. If I were a parent of a Glasgow High School student, I would be screaming bloody murder right now.
She does not treat "her" staff and factulty with courtesy. If she doesn't like you she will make up lies to get rid of you. Same goes for the students, the ones she likes come first but the rest are left hanging out to dry. I am a Glasgow Parent and I couldn't be more pleased. My children will not have to endure the poor example that she sets.
parent of a GHS student

Glasgow, KY

#44 Apr 15, 2010
Little Biscuit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem...she wasn't there for the students...it is all about Kelly!
I strongly disagree with you.She's been good for GHS,more than I can say for previous ones.
FACT

Gilbertsville, KY

#45 Apr 15, 2010
Bob Ritter wrote:
Randy Wilkinson should have gotten his ass fired years ago with Kelly Bell after the cell phone incident, instead he got promoted. The good old boys came into play and the rich did the talking to save both of there jobs. Ladonna and her country club friends did the talking with there money.
I will tell you something Kelly & Robert have more money than everyone of those put together!!
parent of a GHS student

Glasgow, KY

#46 Apr 15, 2010
Glasgow Resident wrote:
Should have fired her years ago. Dressing like a prostitute and prancing around the gym is not a example that these young girls need.We shouldn't even mention the m
in reason she is leaving.WOW!!! Terrible example.
You must not know the principal at all,not once has she ever dressed like that.Good example.
Needs to go

Glasgow, KY

#48 Apr 15, 2010
Bell needs to go. ACT scores are down, PLAN scores are down, GHS did not make No Child Left Behind goals and BCHS is whipping us academically - all under Bell's leadership or lack thereof. If she was any kind of principal, she would have kept this between herself and Mr. Campbell and finished the year with some dignity. She should be helping the students prepare for the upcoming state assessments - not bringing them to the gym to hear her lament over her evaluation. All she did yesterday was prove that Mr. Campbell was right in removing her. Kids need an education not more of Bell's drama. If I were Campbell, I would put her on administrative leave for the rest of the year and get her out now.
LOL

Glasgow, KY

#49 Apr 15, 2010
Great,

Maybe now they will reverse that BS regarding the kilts and fire the band director.
Glasgow, KY

#50 Apr 15, 2010
i guess bell is learning that what goes around comes around. imo she received what she deserved

“I'm not bad..”

Since: Aug 08

I'm just drawn that way

#51 Apr 15, 2010
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it depends on what you mean as to showing a true preference to students. One of the best teachers of my "student" career including college was a Glasgow High School teacher. She is still there teaching and has been there for years. I think she is there for the students but not to baby them and tell them how good they are and make them feel all warm and tingley. She gives grades based on what the student EARNED, no hand outs in her classroom. She gets them prepared for college and or that big bad world that most the time doesnt give you a hand out because of who your mom or dad is. To me that is someone that really cares for the students. IMO we need more teachers like her. People want to fuss about the "kids these days" I am not saying its the school's job to raise them, that is the parents job BUT when a child sees that mom or dad can run in and change things to make it better for them what message does that send. I also know as a parent it is hard to see your child be frustrated with a situation but sometimes the best thing you can do for your child is NOT fix the situation. Let them know that hard work and dedication pays off. Before anyone fussing at me, yes I am a parent and yes I know this isnt a rule for every situation.

I agree. There are a few really great teachers at Glasgow. The teachers aren't usually the problem. It's the higher ups.

The old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" is true. Our children spend more time at school than they do at home (in general).

“I'm not bad..”

Since: Aug 08

I'm just drawn that way

#52 Apr 15, 2010
Bob Ritter wrote:
Randy Wilkinson should have gotten his ass fired years ago with Kelly Bell after the cell phone incident, instead he got promoted. The good old boys came into play and the rich did the talking to save both of there jobs. Ladonna and her country club friends did the talking with there money.
I completely agree! If they want to stiff someone for the drop out rate maybe they need to look at the counselors/principals office and Central Office. My son is considered a drop out. I feel we were forced to sign him out. I had teachers fighting to keep him and help him while Mr.Wilkinson and a few others including the super (before Goff) pretty much gave us an ultimatum and no help!
curious

Glasgow, KY

#53 Apr 15, 2010
parent of a GHS student wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not know the principal at all,not once has she ever dressed like that.Good example.
She wears very short skirts and little stilletto heels, that's why she fell down the stairs at school. She is not meant for a high school, lets the boys rub all over her (or at least she did at Metcalfe). She was also hired at Metcalfe as an administrator without anything except teacher certification. I think this has since been taken care of but it all smelled bad when she was first hired because she had just been elected to her husbands vacant seat on the school board then bingo, she gets a job. She left Metcalfe because she was working against the superintendent. Trouble follows wherever she goes.
Rogers

Glasgow, KY

#54 Apr 15, 2010
i just read a text message from Katherine Rogers - one of Board member Ladonna Rogers daughters - encouraging ghs students to report to the Glasgow Board of Education tomorrow afternoon with signs to protest Principal Kelly Bell's termination. I would think that with the previous oea investigations into ms rogers interference in personnel issues, that john and ladonna would stop their children from being involved in issues like this. It could reflect badly if the oea investigates again.
keep kelly

Glasgow, KY

#55 Apr 15, 2010
shawty3472 wrote:
The new superintendent who just started the job Monday felt Mrs. Bell wasn't doing the job as good as she could. It's really sad, because Mrs. Bell is the best thing to ever happen at GHS. Test scores have improved and the reputation of GHS has bettered since her arrival. I've never met anyone more dedicated than her to her job and most importantly to her students. She knew every student by name and always had their best interest at heart. Her job wasn't just being a principal, it was being a second mother to the students at GHS. She is a great principal. She said herself that the students don't need to worry because it's God's way of telling her she's better off somewhere else. I love you Mrs. Bell.:))
well look whose on the board..do a background check on them........theres a few ((*(*&*& in the bunch.
woot

Munfordville, KY

#56 Apr 15, 2010
Rogers wrote:
i just read a text message from Katherine Rogers - one of Board member Ladonna Rogers daughters - encouraging ghs students to report to the Glasgow Board of Education tomorrow afternoon with signs to protest Principal Kelly Bell's termination. I would think that with the previous oea investigations into ms rogers interference in personnel issues, that john and ladonna would stop their children from being involved in issues like this. It could reflect badly if the oea investigates again.
HAHAHA. I love this. I go to BCHS and I plan on attending. I find that if they love their principal enough to do this, more power too them. Not like they can get in trouble, freedom to assemble.
IMO

Glasgow, KY

#57 Apr 15, 2010
woot wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA. I love this. I go to BCHS and I plan on attending. I find that if they love their principal enough to do this, more power too them. Not like they can get in trouble, freedom to assemble.
IMO the issue is about the parent who is a board member.
Glasgow Resident

Glasgow, KY

#58 Apr 15, 2010
parent of a GHS student wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the bigger problem.Com e on now. You know.Every highschool kid in the county does.
Face It

Glasgow, KY

#59 Apr 15, 2010
She was in competition with the girls trying to PROVE she still "has it". Should have been gone withe the other principal back when their"AFFAIR" was exposed. Barren Co. is far better than Glasgow's schools, even one teacher at Glasgow Middle made the comment she could compete with her daughter about getting guys. This woman raised in the better than you surroundings, pretty struck on herself. It's in middle and high school these teachers that think because they are certified everyone else is below them. There are a lot of good teachers and if they tend to their jobs and steer clear of the attitude games the kids will benefit. Some board members need replacing badly and as far as Glass everyone thinks he's so great there are a lot of people who are really sick of his arrogant ass. His Dad is a good man but the boy will never equal his Dad, his arrogance gets in the way.
Student

Glasgow, KY

#60 Apr 15, 2010
Mrs. Bell has never once shown a self centered side. She has consistently done her best to uplift and enocourage her students to succeed. She knows most all of the students by name, and will stop you in the hallway just to talk to you about your future, or how your days going. Glasgow's small town good-ole-boy politics, which obviously had something to do with this ludicrous decision, make me glad that after me senior year i am gone for good. Furthermore, the assembly in the gym was completely heartfelt, and with the recent death, was very much needed. The morale of Glasgow students is extremely low right now, however, Mrs. Bell encouraged underclassmen to prove Campbell wrong on the upcoming tests, and i am 100% certain that they will. Im glad that at the very least, i had Kelly Bell for my 4 years. It is the school systems loss.
Senior Parent

Glasgow, KY

#61 Apr 15, 2010
Rogers wrote:
These kids have some big kahunas. I don't think it's a very good thing for them to get involved in though. It's just a school/board situation. But I gotta give it to the kids, big kahunas to already have something planned to try to intervene. Shows how much they think of their principal. I may not have agreed with everything she's done, but most of the kids like her well and even seem to care a lot for her as their principal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Strel 163,406
Jailer forced to resign ,rapein female inmate 24 min Curious 84
Fake Mom's 1 hr You So Funny 8
Janna Saltsman 2 hr drugs 1
Shell by Rib Lickers 3 hr Seriously 39
WKU reparations 5 hr Interesting 52
The White company 5 hr Proud Customer 10

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages