Contract won't be renewed
what

Sonora, KY

#2 Apr 14, 2010
what happened?
shawty3472

Glasgow, KY

#3 Apr 14, 2010
The new superintendent who just started the job Monday felt Mrs. Bell wasn't doing the job as good as she could. It's really sad, because Mrs. Bell is the best thing to ever happen at GHS. Test scores have improved and the reputation of GHS has bettered since her arrival. I've never met anyone more dedicated than her to her job and most importantly to her students. She knew every student by name and always had their best interest at heart. Her job wasn't just being a principal, it was being a second mother to the students at GHS. She is a great principal. She said herself that the students don't need to worry because it's God's way of telling her she's better off somewhere else. I love you Mrs. Bell. :))
upset

Frankfort, KY

#4 Apr 14, 2010
I'd like to know how a superintendent who has been on the job for all of two days knows enough to choose not to renew someone's contract. Anyone new coming into a managment position needs to be patient and sit back and decide on their own history and knowledge of an employee what, if anything, needs to be done. It appears that this superintendent is bought and paid for. Wonder who it was?

Since: Jun 08

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2010
According to the Glasgow Daily Times, the new superintendent does not take office until July 1. I heard it was the current superintendent, Charlie Campbell, who did not renew her contract.
Loralei

Glasgow, KY

#6 Apr 14, 2010
Little Biscuit wrote:
According to the Glasgow Daily Times, the new superintendent does not take office until July 1. I heard it was the current superintendent, Charlie Campbell, who did not renew her contract.
I don't believe that Mr. Campbell didn't renew her contract. I think that would be up to the members of the school board and the new superintendent.

Since: Jun 08

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2010
Loralei wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that Mr. Campbell didn't renew her contract. I think that would be up to the members of the school board and the new superintendent.
If Sean Howard does not take office until July 1, then he could not make the decision of whether or not to renew her contract. That decision would have to be made by the current superintendent...who is Charlie Campbell, until June 30. I am pretty sure that decision is made by the superintendent, not by the school board.
little lady

Horse Cave, KY

#8 Apr 14, 2010
what happened there has got to be more to tis story
Announcement

Glasgow, KY

#9 Apr 14, 2010
little lady wrote:
what happened there has got to be more to tis story
My kid came home and told me about this. Said that Mrs. Bell had a meeting in the gym with all of the students of the school letting them know that she would not be renwed. Said that she found out last night and was really upset. Also that the current super and board members said she wasn't being as strict on the teachers about what they were supposed to be teaching.
Announcement

Glasgow, KY

#10 Apr 14, 2010
oops renewed...
White girl 27

Glasgow, KY

#11 Apr 14, 2010
i think it wa pretty sad hat they did to mrs bell;
shes the niceest woman there and she treated EVERYONE there good :) ima miss her, and i sheaded a tear for her bc it killed me to see her cry.
i love herto death. she will find a better job and make alot of money.
Ilove you good luck Mrs. Bell.
why it happend

Glasgow, KY

#12 Apr 14, 2010
white girl

Read your post, you will see why she has been fired. That post was one of the most incoherent posts ever.
experiencecounts

Glasgow, KY

#13 Apr 14, 2010
It seems strange that they would walk in and terminate her with 6 weeks to go in the school year.
curious

Glasgow, KY

#14 Apr 14, 2010
Notification of non-renewal of a contract has to be made by April 15th - state law.
Educator from the past

Glasgow, KY

#15 Apr 14, 2010
Gotta know the education system: Tomorrow (April 15th) was deadline for terminations. The new superintendent was just announced and has NOTHING to do with any decisions until JULY.
what about

Glasgow, KY

#16 Apr 14, 2010
why it happend wrote:
white girl
Read your post, you will see why she has been fired. That post was one of the most incoherent posts ever.
omg......i was thinking the same thing.......lmao
Harrison

Glasgow, KY

#17 Apr 14, 2010
It's the work of the gestapo girls of the central office Gettin even for Kathy...They brainwashed Campbell faster than they did Goff. The Christmas party at HC Theater was for the people who REALLY run the system (in the ground, I might add)
People in Glasgow dist. better hope this new guy is a leader! 4 in a row who ain't leaders and mite as well hand the keys to BC
scrap

Glasgow, KY

#18 Apr 14, 2010
she is going back to metcalfe co.high
GHS Student

Glasgow, KY

#19 Apr 14, 2010
Harrison wrote:
It's the work of the gestapo girls of the central office Gettin even for Kathy...They brainwashed Campbell faster than they did Goff. The Christmas party at HC Theater was for the people who REALLY run the system (in the ground, I might add)
People in Glasgow dist. better hope this new guy is a leader! 4 in a row who ain't leaders and mite as well hand the keys to BC
He wont be a leader because Ladonna Rogers is the one who picked him. She is the one who has ran Glasgow into the ground first with the football coach and now lookg what is going on. You get rid of Ladonna nad the problem will be fixed.
Keenan

Summer Shade, KY

#20 Apr 14, 2010
Little Biscuit wrote:
<quoted text>
If Sean Howard does not take office until July 1, then he could not make the decision of whether or not to renew her contract. That decision would have to be made by the current superintendent...who is Charlie Campbell, until June 30. I am pretty sure that decision is made by the superintendent, not by the school board.
Charlie must be more like his wife than I thought!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitzi Perkins (Feb '11) 2 hr former can 38
Meranda trivett (Mar '13) 5 hr Traveinblues 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Patriot 166,449
Help for bills 8 hr Meme 27
Joey brown 12 hr Damn 5
F p s 12 hr Impotent Old Coot 6
Boost mobile store 13 hr Mitch 1
Tearing down confederate statue on courthouse lawn 16 hr Nothing Last Forever 33

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages