should you ever disown your children?

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lets see

Monroe, LA

#1 Jul 30, 2009
Is there any reason as to why a mother would talk bad about their children or disown them. I am a mother and I love my children all of them, regardless. there are mothers that are selfish and becomes hoes and when their children do things they forget about the days when they weren't perfect. and still to this day are not, using people and watching out for themselves not the kids. Tell me what you think glasgow. Is there any reason to treat your children like crap
SALLY

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 30, 2009
what about doing everything you can for your kids and they still grow up cursing you -breaking your stuff- and kicking and hitting their old mother-should they stand there and take the abuse or just call it quits-ya know after they turn 18-you can't make them do anything

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 30, 2009
I wouldnt disown my child i do not think for any reason. I do know people on drugs, have alcohol problems steal and so forth. That would get tiresome. There are reasons to distance yourself, until they get help. My son is 11. I will always love him with all my heart. I hope he makes good life decisions and choices.
60 Gunner

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2009
If they bring home a mex.SEE YA!!!
chillin

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jul 30, 2009
I wouldn't ever disown any of my kids for any reason. I may hate what they are doing to themselves or me and I may detest things they have done and bad choices they made but never disown them. Sometimes you just have to distance yourself from their lifestyle and that is tough love but you continue to love that child/adult child. You just are no longer willing to enable them. That in itself is a expression of the love you have for them. You love them so much you are not willing to help them kill themselves or help them mess their lives up anymore.
loyal mom

Athens, AL

#6 Jul 30, 2009
i loves my daughter even tho she shot her worthless husband and drowned her no account to chillens. she b mine and i loves her. y she burnt her neighbors house down i not b knowing, butt them courts ain't fair. i b loving u kelly sue.
exactly

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jul 30, 2009
You are exactly right. This is not disowning or giving up on your children and it is one of the hardest things to do, but if you love your child sometimes this is best for them and you.
chillin wrote:
I wouldn't ever disown any of my kids for any reason. I may hate what they are doing to themselves or me and I may detest things they have done and bad choices they made but never disown them. Sometimes you just have to distance yourself from their lifestyle and that is tough love but you continue to love that child/adult child. You just are no longer willing to enable them. That in itself is a expression of the love you have for them. You love them so much you are not willing to help them kill themselves or help them mess their lives up anymore.
Tough love

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 30, 2009
There is no reason to treat your children like crap but you don't have to agree with the choices they make. A mother should not talk bad about her children to others but if the child is doing drugs or any other thing that might be harmful to themselves or others then sometimes talking to others about this is the only thing that may keep the parent/mom from losing her sanity. Then a lot of times people see parents doing the tough love thing and don't understand what the parent has been through with their child up to this point and the parents may come across as callous or not caring about the child, but it is called survival. As a parent our hearts can only take so much heartbreak and then we have to put some space between us and our child to keep from going out of our minds. There is nothing worse that seeing your child hurting themself and not be able to do anything about it.
lets see wrote:
Is there any reason as to why a mother would talk bad about their children or disown them. I am a mother and I love my children all of them, regardless. there are mothers that are selfish and becomes hoes and when their children do things they forget about the days when they weren't perfect. and still to this day are not, using people and watching out for themselves not the kids. Tell me what you think glasgow. Is there any reason to treat your children like crap
lets see

Monroe, LA

#9 Jul 30, 2009
Tough love wrote:
There is no reason to treat your children like crap but you don't have to agree with the choices they make. A mother should not talk bad about her children to others but if the child is doing drugs or any other thing that might be harmful to themselves or others then sometimes talking to others about this is the only thing that may keep the parent/mom from losing her sanity. Then a lot of times people see parents doing the tough love thing and don't understand what the parent has been through with their child up to this point and the parents may come across as callous or not caring about the child, but it is called survival. As a parent our hearts can only take so much heartbreak and then we have to put some space between us and our child to keep from going out of our minds. There is nothing worse that seeing your child hurting themself and not be able to do anything about it.
<quoted text>
I do agree that if your children are doing those things you can only put yourself through so much. But what if it's not drugs what if they are just not living life the way you want them to, dating the person you want them to living where you want them to cleaning while you do nothin things like that
jamie

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 30, 2009
I could never disown my kids no matter what they did. if they went to jail for something stupid like drugs or stealing id let them stay in there but I wouldnt give up on them.
stooge

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jul 30, 2009
lets see wrote:
MELISSA SPENCER GAVE HER HANDICAP KID AWAY FOR A DOPE HEAD!
harley

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jul 30, 2009
when my kids are grown they will learn the hard way ,i wont disown them but id show them .if they go to jail .they will sit in there .if they fight im not going to go fight with them .if they pile up on my couch they will get out and work and pay the electric bill .im not going to be taken advantage of .i did my part and i WILL be respected .i will love them and tell them and show them but if they cant do the same then they need to get the frick away from me until they learn .i could go on and on
flapjack

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 30, 2009
ive got a friend giving up rights to his baby he had by another womwn but they make his life hell and its nothing but drama .so while hes little thats the best thing i think
THINKING

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jul 30, 2009
I have a family member who is young that screams, hits, breaks things..curses and they are old enough to know NOT TOO... their parents still love them of course, but i say BOOT CAMP!!
flapjack

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jul 30, 2009
yeah bootcamp would stop alot of that .id do it .the parents who dont .get what they deserve /
jamie

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jul 30, 2009
harley wrote:
when my kids are grown they will learn the hard way ,i wont disown them but id show them .if they go to jail .they will sit in there .if they fight im not going to go fight with them .if they pile up on my couch they will get out and work and pay the electric bill .im not going to be taken advantage of .i did my part and i WILL be respected .i will love them and tell them and show them but if they cant do the same then they need to get the frick away from me until they learn .i could go on and on
yea thats how I feel!

Location hidden

#17 Jul 30, 2009
60 Gunner wrote:
If they bring home a mex.SEE YA!!!
Bringing a mexican home is not worth worring about. There are alot worse things a kids can do. I still would love my son!
LaLaLa

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 30, 2009
I would always love my child no matter what even though I might not like what they are doing. God loves us unconditionally and I think that is the way we should be.
blondy

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jul 30, 2009
my daughter keeps wanting to go get pregnant every time she turns around and cant hardly take care of the one shes got .she wants everyone to take care of it for her .

Location hidden

#20 Jul 31, 2009
blondy wrote:
my daughter keeps wanting to go get pregnant every time she turns around and cant hardly take care of the one shes got .she wants everyone to take care of it for her .
I have neice with 5 kids all under the age of 8. She is 25. She is also raising her little brother. She thinks she will meet a man to marry her. She wont tie her tubes incase he wants kids. If that isnt CRAZY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NHC Administration 1 hr realitycheckk 94
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr uMoron 143,061
Chief decision 3 hr Albert 4
Matthew Vaughn 4 hr Honestlytho 8
Glenview church 7 hr Tequila sanchez 1
Female friends wanted 8 hr Becca 3
Why do white girls hook up with blacks??? (Jun '10) 9 hr Jesse White 382
Police Chief??? 13 hr Loser 42
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Aug 27 Love Hurts 1,224
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages