Serious

Glasgow, KY

#1 Mar 8, 2013
I know alot of you will take this opportunity to trash talk & assume I do drugs or whatever, but that is not the case.

My family physician has recently stopped prescribing pain meds (narcotics) to his patients - including me. It was explained to me a little about new Ky laws. I have been treated for a disease the last 22yrs. I do not always need pain medicine. I am fortunate enough to go into remission at times, but when I need it I really, really need it!!! As of right now he is reducing the amount he prescribes but is recommending I go to a pain mngmnt clinic for the future. The one in Glasgow has close to 3mos waiting period!

Does anyone know if the Glasgow pain clinic drs are caring & understanding? Or is there any other recommendations in Barren or even Warren County? Or somewhere in the surrounding area? Maybe you might know a family doctor that is still treating chronic pain pts?(or is this going to happen to all offices)

I am very concerned about this. I know there are places that are these "pill mills",I don't want them. I hate the idea of re-establishing & starting with a new dr but ofcourse I will.

Help me with any information or referrals if you have any. Thx
doctors

Glasgow, KY

#2 Mar 8, 2013
The good doctors, if they trust you and have a good relationship with you, will continue to work with you on your medication. A doctor that dumps a patient just because fear of liability is not a good doctor to begin with. Good luck!
Serious patient too

Glasgow, KY

#3 Mar 8, 2013
My particular dr is in a clinic with 5 others. They are changing their "office rules" and referring chronic pain pts to these pain mngmt clinics. It does make you feel like you're either a weakling or you don't have that great doc you thought you had all along :'(

Hoops, hoops and more hoops.
I need another doctor,too. Pain clinic probly better
Oh Me

Glasgow, KY

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Serious wrote:
I know alot of you will take this opportunity to trash talk & assume I do drugs or whatever, but that is not the case.
My family physician has recently stopped prescribing pain meds (narcotics) to his patients - including me. It was explained to me a little about new Ky laws. I have been treated for a disease the last 22yrs. I do not always need pain medicine. I am fortunate enough to go into remission at times, but when I need it I really, really need it!!! As of right now he is reducing the amount he prescribes but is recommending I go to a pain mngmnt clinic for the future. The one in Glasgow has close to 3mos waiting period!
Does anyone know if the Glasgow pain clinic drs are caring & understanding? Or is there any other recommendations in Barren or even Warren County? Or somewhere in the surrounding area? Maybe you might know a family doctor that is still treating chronic pain pts?(or is this going to happen to all offices)
I am very concerned about this. I know there are places that are these "pill mills",I don't want them. I hate the idea of re-establishing & starting with a new dr but ofcourse I will.
Help me with any information or referrals if you have any. Thx
Dr. Jain is excellent, he takes his time, does thorough exams, and follows all the guidelines.
pain

Alliance, OH

#5 Mar 8, 2013
Serious wrote:
I know alot of you will take this opportunity to trash talk & assume I do drugs or whatever, but that is not the case.

My family physician has recently stopped prescribing pain meds (narcotics) to his patients - including me. It was explained to me a little about new Ky laws. I have been treated for a disease the last 22yrs. I do not always need pain medicine. I am fortunate enough to go into remission at times, but when I need it I really, really need it!!! As of right now he is reducing the amount he prescribes but is recommending I go to a pain mngmnt clinic for the future. The one in Glasgow has close to 3mos waiting period!

Does anyone know if the Glasgow pain clinic drs are caring & understanding? Or is there any other recommendations in Barren or even Warren County? Or somewhere in the surrounding area? Maybe you might know a family doctor that is still treating chronic pain pts?(or is this going to happen to all offices)

I am very concerned about this. I know there are places that are these "pill mills",I don't want them. I hate the idea of re-establishing & starting with a new dr but ofcourse I will.

Help me with any information or referrals if you have any. Thx
Farrage and Byrd at rehab assoc in bg. They take new pts with referral and records. Your doc should be able to do that.
patient

Glasgow, KY

#6 Mar 8, 2013
Oh Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Jain is excellent, he takes his time, does thorough exams, and follows all the guidelines.
where is he?
who

Glasgow, KY

#8 Mar 9, 2013
patient wrote:
<quoted text>
where is he?
where???
pain

Alliance, OH

#9 Mar 9, 2013
patient wrote:
<quoted text>where is he?
Race st Glasgow
patient

Glasgow, KY

#10 Mar 10, 2013
I don't understand how a pain specialist is going to be better for me? Shouldn't I go to the specialist that treats my specific disease?? I hope these doctors don't put my body through the ringer again!!
pain

Alliance, OH

#11 Mar 10, 2013
patient wrote:
I don't understand how a pain specialist is going to be better for me? Shouldn't I go to the specialist that treats my specific disease?? I hope these doctors don't put my body through the ringer again!!
The pain specialist takes over when its felt there isn't anything else medically or surgically that can be done and the patient desires help to control pain. If you go somewhere like interventional pain specialists they also do nerve blocks or procedures as well as pain meds. Guess you need to discuss with family doc what your goal is. Pain meds or still looking for intervention of some kind. More and more family docs don't want the work that goes with monthly pain meds.
other alt

Glasgow, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2013
pain wrote:
<quoted text>
The pain specialist takes over when its felt there isn't anything else medically or surgically that can be done and the patient desires help to control pain. If you go somewhere like interventional pain specialists they also do nerve blocks or procedures as well as pain meds. Guess you need to discuss with family doc what your goal is. Pain meds or still looking for intervention of some kind. More and more family docs don't want the work that goes with monthly pain meds.
the pain clinic also use other alternatives. injections in your back...and so forth. physical therapy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 18 min Independent 5,034
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min mudfoot 153,599
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Yes and Amen 131,035
Hold ups 2 hr Suitedgirth 1
Voting for Doty or Trautman? 3 hr you are right 70
hunter pierce (Jan '14) 5 hr Creeper 5
Whitney at Akebono 5 hr Christian garmon 2
C Eaton a veteran 9 hr whoa 14
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Wed lol 1,001
•••
•••

Glasgow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Glasgow News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Glasgow
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••