Do they drug test newborns?
Ashley

Franklin, TN

#41 Jun 28, 2009
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
look here i aint stupid for one and just because it affects one baby some way doesnt mean that it will affect another one the same way. duh stupid nobodys the say
i'm still waiting for an intelligent response..
why would you even take the chance?!
you don't f!@#ing know if it'll affect the baby until after its born.
god, some people don't deserve to have kids. there are so many people out there who can't have them, that actually do deserve that blessing..

i guess i can't fight the world.
but i can be damn sure that i will call you out if i think your retarded.

and you and the girl that originally posted this are in fact RETARDED.
Rose

Portland, OR

#42 Aug 29, 2010
i think they test the placenta, not the baby....

Since: Jul 10

Glasgow, KY

#43 Aug 29, 2010
If the child shows signs of drug activity...or if there are any kind of complications like..delayed crying or stuff like that..then they test for that sorta stuff so the addiction can be treated remember what you give yourself you give to your baby..but if the child shows no signs or wierd activity they dont..
fact

Glasgow, KY

#44 Aug 30, 2010
they will drug test mom at the OB doctor. they will test mom & baby when baby comes.
ex- pot smoker

Elizabethtown, KY

#45 Aug 30, 2010
i hope the baby comes into this world ok. the mom is not a bad person b/c she smoke pot but i would have waited till i gave brith but when you need the weed you need the weed.
u people

Chicago, IL

#47 Mar 22, 2011
all the hate spreading people who comment on this need to move along u present no real facts every study out there is pro pot and the way u act is why the world is the way it is stop the evil and show some love please if u have nothing nice to say move along u make the world sick with that bs
do some research and stop being a fkin drone

peace and love to all of you tho even while your ignorant
u people

Chicago, IL

#48 Mar 22, 2011
also there a canniboid receptors in the brain not PX receptors were made to consume cannabis grow up

and if pregnant women did feel the need to smoke they should vaporize no harm to fetus
yes they do

Glasgow, KY

#49 Mar 22, 2011
yes as a matter of fact they do drug test EVERY infant born. I have worked in the nursery and it doesnt matter if the mother tested positive or not the baby is tested. It is not tested by blood, they test the urine and the feces. Drugs dont show up in blood very long, but they stay in the urine and feces.
Geez ur Stupid

United States

#50 Mar 23, 2011
"Been There" I do believe you are a big F**cking RETARD! You can't even type spelling correctly or with use of proper grammatical skills, but all that safe pot could not have fried those brain cells could they have! Or did you not realize your computer has a spell check , but it can't fix nor does it make strait up ignorance, stupidity, or uncouthness better!
Mother

Glasgow, KY

#51 Mar 23, 2011
I have two children, one was born in Louisville, and one was born in Cambellsville. I never used drugs while I was pregnant, not even pot. My second child was born premature with a hole in her heart and underdevolped lungs...TO all the ppl on here that keep insisting that nurseries drug test newborns, and the mothers- I was NEVER screened for drugs, and neither were either of my children, not even the one they had to stat flight to Kosairs NICU. EVERY single mother and child in this whole damned country ARE NOT drug screened, I CANNOT make that any clearer. Do you ppl have ANY idea how much money it would cost to screen everyone? That is totally absurd. The only babies or mothers who get drug screened are the ones that come in and lead the doctor to strong suspicions that they may be using drugs. If the doctor chooses, they can test you, but you have to consent to the test first. Likewise with your child. If, when your baby is born, they feel the need to test for drugs in its system, you as their parent and legal guardian must give consesnt to the analysis. Keep in mind however, that if you refuse to consent, the hospital can report it and have an official over ride your decision based upon the welfare of the child.
In my OWN experience....I sat by my daughters bedside in the NICU for many weeks...there were several infants there who were born with terrible defects and problems due to crack and heroin use by the mother during pregnancy...one of these babies was not expected to live. The other cried constantly without ceasing, due to withdraw (this was the infant born addicted to crack) they had to put a feeding tube in him because he wouldnt even quit crying long enough to eat. The staff finally decided it was kinder to sedate him. His mother was taken into custody, he had no father. He was never given a name. The nurses simply called him "the crack baby" when they thought no one was listening. But you know what I DIDNT see the whole time I was there? There were NO babies in there because their mothers smoked pot. NONE. I am NOT advocating smoking anything while pregnant, but there have been highly scientific studies in pediatrics that suggests marijuana actually does not harm the fetus..I myself would personally not take the risk...but..it IS food for thought. After all, how much longer is this state going to consider marijuana illegal? That is absurd in itself, IMO.
taxpayer

Gradyville, KY

#52 Mar 24, 2011
been there wrote:
<quoted text>
look here i aint stupid for one and just because it affects one baby some way doesnt mean that it will affect another one the same way. duh stupid nobodys the say
jtrying to make yourself feel better.It will just be another one for the taxpayers to pay for.
BAB

Hacienda Heights, CA

#53 Apr 2, 2011
dumbasses wrote:
<quoted text>she is not a woman ,wont be a mother ,and yes they do drug test and blood test as soon as the baby goes to the nursery .why would any mother want to smoke pot while carrying a newborn baby your a sad piece of work .the answer to your question is yes yes and yes and i work at a hospital nursery we will be waiting for you pot head and the social services will be in later .have a hard labor
Seriously go get some help you judgemental piece of crap. And you don't know what your talking about, they don't do any of those things unless its OBVIOUS the mother is on a hard core drug, which pot once in awhile IS NOT. Is smoking a little pot once in awhile WORSE than taking prescription drugs for depression or painkillers which are legal?? I think not. You need to do some soul searching whoever you are.
June

Glasgow, KY

#54 Apr 2, 2011
I don't know if they do or not, but they should...
Informed

United States

#55 Apr 5, 2011
I can't believe how ignorant people are willing to sound in a public forum. A. comparing marijuiana to crack is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. They aren't even remotely chemically the same. Withdrawl from marijuana? Idiot it's not scientifically possible so no baby will be showing withdrawls. As far as negative effects on the fetus. The only in depth medical research that has ever been conducted exclusively following marijuana use only over a 15 year time span was done by doctor Melanie dreher. The results are the opposite. Babies were born heartier, healthier, and later scored better cognitively. Any research in America is biased and statistically manipulated to serve preconceived agendas. No government agency is going to back any findings that don't support our federal stance on marijuana. If you figured out how they got those statistics your all so happy to announce you would be ashamed. Cigarettes are way more lethal and those women get to take their children home. There is solid medical fact that tobacco use during pregnancy harms the fetus but that's legal. I just think before you go condemning someone you should educate yourself on the topic instead of mouthing off like a mindless sheep. Knowledge is power. Big brother isn't always right. And as far as I know you only are submitted to drug screens if you deliver prematurely, something goes awry, or you or the baby are obviously intoxicated
Polly Anna

Indianapolis, IN

#56 Apr 5, 2011
My daughter just had a baby at U.of L she was drug tested and so was my granddaughter. My son and his wife lost their twins because they smoked pot. Thank God now everyone is home and safe. I can't tell you what's right or wrong just tell your friend to always do what is best for her baby. Good Luck !

“All You Need Is Love,(;”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#57 Apr 5, 2011
what a bad mother! The baby needs to be taken. Just cause you smoke pot every once it a while you think that is okay? NO! I hope the best for the baby, but for the mother i hope she has hard labor and gets the baby taken away!
420 supporter

United States

#58 Apr 8, 2011
I have extreme panic attacks and when I got pregnant I could barely eat. I actually wound up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack! I went to see the doctors in one of the best most well respected practices in Chicago two days later (this was only my second prenatal appointment, 3rd if u count the ER because they did an exam and an ultrasound) I explained what was going on and that I had been a heavy pot smoker until I found out I was preggers and it had controlled my anxiety and panic attacks, I had also found out that my live in long term boyfriend also the father of my child had started cheating on me about a week after he found out about the baby and left me for this girl. Not to mention my grandfather had just died 2 weeks before, so clearly I was an emotional wreck. It was affecting me physically and I was very very sick. The doctor put me on zoloft and told me that once and I while take a hit if I'm freaking out to relax, he told me about studies showing positive effects about smoking and the negative was that after birth your milk production is lower. He Also told me of the awful side effects of putting me on something like Xanax. In his words he basically explained that he wasn't saying smoke a bunch of bongs all day but it was perfectly Ok to take a hit or two off a joint once in awhile to control anxiety and help with hunger and sleep! I was amazed and very happy to hear that I told my mother who is extremely against pot and she had me talk to a doctor she works for and was blown away when he said the same thing. My mother still doesn't approve but she really couldn't argue. I love my baby and would never have done this unless I talked to the doctor and did as much research as possible but I smoke once in a while depending on how I feel and I can eat and sleep again..... I don't smoke to get high but just take a quick hit to calm down and it always works. I think people have their own opinions and u can't change them but I'm just telling my experience! Oh and btw I highly doubt they drug test because I'm pretty sure the doctors wouldn't have advocated me smoking!!! Good luck :)
420 supporter

United States

#59 Apr 8, 2011
Oh and I specifically asked if the baby got "high" and the doctor said no the baby lives off your body and doesn't get anything directly from what u consume just like it doesn't eat what you eat it takes only the nutrients it needs!
420 supporter

United States

#60 Apr 8, 2011
Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm still waiting for an intelligent response..
why would you even take the chance?!
you don't f!@#ing know if it'll affect the baby until after its born.
god, some people don't deserve to have kids. there are so many people out there who can't have them, that actually do deserve that blessing..
i guess i can't fight the world.
but i can be damn sure that i will call yu out if i think your retarded.
and you and the girl that originally posted this are in fact RETARDED.
Wow u really sound like a terrible bigoted person! Your are judging people u don't even know that's not very Christian of u! How about the fact that u use the word RETARDED like that??? I have a 13 year old disabled sister who can't walk or talk and if I happened to hear someone use the word retarded out in public like that I'd think of itthr same as a racial or ethnic slur and that my friend makes u sound like the hillbilly that u are ;)

“All You Need Is Love,(;”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#61 Apr 10, 2011
420 supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow u really sound like a terrible bigoted person! Your are judging people u don't even know that's not very Christian of u! How about the fact that u use the word RETARDED like that??? I have a 13 year old disabled sister who can't walk or talk and if I happened to hear someone use the word retarded out in public like that I'd think of itthr same as a racial or ethnic slur and that my friend makes u sound like the hillbilly that u are ;)
People really shouldn't use the word RETARD or RETARTED. Thats not right. There are some people that are really like that,like you are speakinng of. Its not right to say that unless you are actually being serious. One day what if someones kids end up like that and they wanted to talk about people being like that? But forreal they dont need to be doing ANY drugs while pregnant. It could harm the baby and make it have disabilities or be retarted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sidney robertson 45 min Tina Spillman 6
Does anyone know of the cute blonde that works ... 57 min Just wondering 1
Gay men in glasgow (Feb '11) 2 hr Boop 38
Word Association (Jun '08) 3 hr Diamond Dixie 5,208
Amy Nunn (Feb '09) 4 hr prior student 253
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Mickey402 148,097
Poll Who do you suppport for District Judge in Barre... 4 hr Karma a coming 31
Trevor? 15 hr Friends 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages