First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Richard Turner

United States

#44 Jan 20, 2011
Thank you for the information. Walmart is at fault on this one. There is no way in hell that all of that should have taken place. They should have cameras monitoring every square inch of the store. There also should have been someone in the security office monitoring the activity. I worked in security for sears at one point and we were trained to use the security cameras to zoom into a purse or baby stroller to observe shoplifting. There is no way we would have let this go un-noticed.

I can't understand why Walmarts don't have security guards monitoring the stores. Every week it seems like someone is shoplifting there and get away with it. In the summer I notice more men in there shirtless and this wouldn't fly at any other store. The teens run wild and curse and act like heathens and I have never seen anyone throw them out. I hope these victims sue the hell out of walmart. As for the 12 year olds, how did they get there, you can't drive in Kentucky at 12 years old.

“Tired of Caring Anymore”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#45 Jan 20, 2011
It's in my opinion that if they are 12 years old, they shouldn't be out alone at night anyway. Where were their parents when all of this was going down. I feel bad for what they had to endure. But in my opinion, it falls down onto the paretns for being P.O.S.'s. They should know better with this day and age that they shouldn't be leaving their little girls alone in a store, especially on Thanksgiving of all nights. The perp will pay I'm sure for what he's done. But what about the parents?
tx dude

San Antonio, TX

#46 Jan 20, 2011
UofLsAceOfSpades wrote:
It's in my opinion that if they are 12 years old, they shouldn't be out alone at night anyway. Where were their parents when all of this was going down. I feel bad for what they had to endure. But in my opinion, it falls down onto the paretns for being P.O.S.'s. They should know better with this day and age that they shouldn't be leaving their little girls alone in a store, especially on Thanksgiving of all nights. The perp will pay I'm sure for what he's done. But what about the parents?
Hey monkey, the doctor that lives on S. Greenn Street needs a lawn jockey for his yard. I know how much you and your mammie love the projects and welfare, but this is a job you are actually qualified for.
WTH

Glasgow, KY

#47 Jan 20, 2011
ex-Glasgow resident wrote:
We can't hold their hands forever. Who would ever think Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving in Glasgow would be a place that you need to keep you children on a short leash because people are oblivious to their surroundings?
Please, PLEASE, tell me that you are not in charge of any young kids at any time or place! Do you watch the news? What planet do you live on? There is something very, very wrong with an adult suggesting that even Glasgow is a safe place to turn your 12 year old daughter loose because we have to take a chance and throw them to the dopers and rapists sometime and see how mature they really are! No you can't hold their hands forever but you damn sure can make adult intelligent decisions for your children so as to keep them safe in this crazy world we opted to bring these kids into! We live in a world where kids aren't safe at school, people aren't safe at church, people are gunned down at gas stations, malls, the movies, I see announcements on television every day about another child missing and they found their bodies in a ditch and they had been raped and their heads were cut off. Is 15 minutes roaming around Walmart worth taking that chance? What could really happen to 2 twelve year old girls wandering off from moms side for 15 minutes in Walmart in good ole Glasgow Ky? Are you insane???

I think we all know what can happen now that it has happened. Why didn't those girls scream bloody murder and tag team that fools ass? Why? Because evidently mom and ex-Glasgow resident have allowed their girls to be of the mindset that there are no dopers or rapists or crazy people in Mayberry Glasgow Ky. Remember you are the adult and you are setting the example. Teach your children to be aware of their surroundings and for God sakes teach them what to do when something like this happens.

When my kids were in their early teens they were taught that in any situation like the one that happened at Walmart they were to scream FIRE over and over again and go for punches in the throat, punches to the bridge of the nose and kicks to the groin area. Store clerks will all come running if a customer is yelling fire whereas if you are hollering rape they may go the other way thinking a couple are just fighting and they don't want to get involved.

Talk to your kids. Teach them. That's how you let go of their hands...instead of letting them roam a department store in a town that is so safe because we all know that in Glasgow NOBODY does drugs and there are NO crazy people and NO murderers and NO robberies and NO rapes and NO crimes against children.

What are you people not telling these children and women that ended up allowing this pervert to walk away after doing these things?
WAKE UP IDIOTS!!! Nothing surprises me about you idiots. I'm amazed your offspring ever make it to adulthood.

Location hidden

#48 Jan 20, 2011
tx dude wrote:
<quoted text>Hey monkey, the doctor that lives on S. Greenn Street needs a lawn jockey for his yard. I know how much you and your mammie love the projects and welfare, but this is a job you are actually qualified for.
Naw man, I wouldn't want to take your dinner from you, so go ahead and you keep that job.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#49 Jan 20, 2011
UofLsAceOfSpades wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw man, I wouldn't want to take your dinner from you, so go ahead and you keep that job.
Tx Dude needs to visit the local mental health center. Wow! What a hateful person!!
tx dude

San Antonio, TX

#50 Jan 20, 2011
UofLsAceOfSpades wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you talking about dinner? Did your ho of a mammie sell her food stamp card again so she could smoke some crack? Now go stand out in that yard and be a good yard jockey. Maybe Massa will throw you some scraps.

Location hidden

#52 Jan 20, 2011
tx dude wrote:
<quoted text>why are you talking about dinner? Did your ho of a mammie sell her food stamp card again so she could smoke some crack? Now go stand out in that yard and be a good yard jockey. Maybe Massa will throw you some scraps.
I was talking about dinner cause you said the was a job opening being the yard jockey and I said that I didn't wanna take the job cause I didn't wanna take your dinner away from you. I know that your inbred and stupid, but please try to keep up okay, it'll help you look smarter in the long run and I know that is almost a difficult thing to do, but please try. I hate for anyone to look as stupid as they really are. And your plenty stupid.
lol

Glasgow, KY

#54 Jan 21, 2011
UofLsAceOfSpades wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about dinner cause you said the was a job opening being the yard jockey and I said that I didn't wanna take the job cause I didn't wanna take your dinner away from you. I know that your inbred and stupid, but please try to keep up okay, it'll help you look smarter in the long run and I know that is almost a difficult thing to do, but please try. I hate for anyone to look as stupid as they really are. And your plenty stupid.
I think tx doodie must have got his binkie and went on to nighty-night. Shhh maybe if we are real quiet he will stay away.

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Since: Apr 10

USA

#55 Jan 22, 2011
If we all get that lucky....lol.......shhhh
ex-Glasgow resident

Owensboro, KY

#56 Jan 23, 2011
UofLsAceOfSpades wrote:
Parent was in the store, just not right with the girls. All had cell phones.
ex-Glasgow resident

Owensboro, KY

#57 Jan 23, 2011
Richard Turner wrote:
Thank you for the information. Walmart is at fault on this one. There is no way in hell that all of that should have taken place. They should have cameras monitoring every square inch of the store. There also should have been someone in the security office monitoring the activity. I worked in security for sears at one point and we were trained to use the security cameras to zoom into a purse or baby stroller to observe shoplifting. There is no way we would have let this go un-noticed.
I can't understand why Walmarts don't have security guards monitoring the stores. Every week it seems like someone is shoplifting there and get away with it. In the summer I notice more men in there shirtless and this wouldn't fly at any other store. The teens run wild and curse and act like heathens and I have never seen anyone throw them out. I hope these victims sue the hell out of walmart. As for the 12 year olds, how did they get there, you can't drive in Kentucky at 12 years old.
ex-Glasgow resident

Owensboro, KY

#58 Jan 23, 2011
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, PLEASE, tell me that you are not in charge of any young kids at any time or place! Do you watch the news? What planet do you live on? There is something very, very wrong with an adult suggesting that even Glasgow is a safe place to turn your 12 year old daughter loose because we have to take a chance and throw them to the dopers and rapists sometime and see how mature they really are! No you can't hold their hands forever but you damn sure can make adult intelligent decisions for your children so as to keep them safe in this crazy world we opted to bring these kids into! We live in a world where kids aren't safe at school, people aren't safe at church, people are gunned down at gas stations, malls, the movies, I see announcements on television every day about another child missing and they found their bodies in a ditch and they had been raped and their heads were cut off. Is 15 minutes roaming around Walmart worth taking that chance? What could really happen to 2 twelve year old girls wandering off from moms side for 15 minutes in Walmart in good ole Glasgow Ky? Are you insane???
I think we all know what can happen now that it has happened. Why didn't those girls scream bloody murder and tag team that fools ass? Why? Because evidently mom and ex-Glasgow resident have allowed their girls to be of the mindset that there are no dopers or rapists or crazy people in Mayberry Glasgow Ky. Remember you are the adult and you are setting the example. Teach your children to be aware of their surroundings and for God sakes teach them what to do when something like this happens.
When my kids were in their early teens they were taught that in any situation like the one that happened at Walmart they were to scream FIRE over and over again and go for punches in the throat, punches to the bridge of the nose and kicks to the groin area. Store clerks will all come running if a customer is yelling fire whereas if you are hollering rape they may go the other way thinking a couple are just fighting and they don't want to get involved.
Talk to your kids. Teach them. That's how you let go of their hands...instead of letting them roam a department store in a town that is so safe because we all know that in Glasgow NOBODY does drugs and there are NO crazy people and NO murderers and NO robberies and NO rapes and NO crimes against children.
What are you people not telling these children and women that ended up allowing this pervert to walk away after doing these things?
WAKE UP IDIOTS!!! Nothing surprises me about you idiots. I'm amazed your offspring ever make it to adulthood.
Did you get voted parent of the year or something? In case you did not know because probably nothing bad has ever happened to you, you can be taught and taught and taught about what to do in a certain situation, but until you are put in that situation, you have no idea what you are going to do. you can say all day that you will do this and you will do that, but if the time comes, you can only hope that you remember what you were taught to do. it's called FEAR. it's called SHOCK. it's called SCARED TO DEATH. and i know you parents out there can't tell me that you have never and i mean never sent your child to get something in a store or in the mall or wherever or to the bathroom by themselves when they were 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 years old? have you ever left them at home by themselves. have you let them go to the movies by themselves or to the swimming pool or anywhere for that matter? that's exactly what is wrong with glasgow. there are too many damn hypocrites. too many people judging what other people do and gossiping about everything and everybody. how in the hell did barren county get voted the #1 place to grow up in america? what a freaking joke!

Location hidden

#59 Jan 23, 2011
<quoted text>
That still doesn't make it right. I would never leave any of my kids alone like that at least until the are a teenager if not at least 16. Not in this day and age of the world.
WTH

Glasgow, KY

#60 Jan 23, 2011
Do you watch the news? We live in a horrible world where babies and children and pregnant women and young men and the elderly are raped and tortured and beaten and shot and murdered. Do you get that? You can let your 12 year old run around because you FEEL it should be okay to do that but if you are willing to learn the hard way at your kids expense I guess there's no stopping you.

I lived in Chicago for a few years. I taught my kids to be aware of those around them and I taught them what to do when someone was trying to harm them. A gang of older girls tried to jump my daughter at school and steal her jacket and purse. That little dab of money I spent on self-defense classes for my kids was the best gift they ever received. Those girls didn't harm my child. The school system attempted to suspend my daughter for a few days but that didn't happen either. The little bad ass wannabe's did attack again but never tried to come near my daughter ever again. They prey on the weak and the ones who aren't aware and have never been taught what to do in a dangerous situation.

I'm not parent of the year and never said I was, did I? I have a brain. I live in this world. So do my kids and we make the necessary adjustments to live in this crazy world. I could sit back and just say scream or run girls and that would be it. But what if screaming and running fails? Do I just shrug my shoulders like you do and tell my kids to kiss their asses goodbye? Not hardly. You love and raise your kids half-ass and you will be facing those dangerous situations you were talking about and yes your kids will be scared to death. Sad.

My kids weren't paranoid. They were educated. They were prepared. They didn't miss out on sports or hanging with friends. I knew where my kids were and who they were with at all times. If I couldn't take them somewhere then another trusted parent would step up and take the kids. I will say this...even though either one of my teens could have took that pervert out within just a matter of kicks and hits I didn't allow them to just take off and roam the stores of Chicago. Even though they were much more prepared than other kids and adults we still didn't take chances.

How hard is it to sit your beer down and be active in your kids lives? You teach them how to play fantasy video games but don't care enough to make sure they know what to do in a situation when someone means to do them harm. You just say nonchalantly "I hope my kids aren't scared to DEATH if something like this was to ever happen to them".

Get up off your sorry ass and participate in your kids lives. You teach them not to touch a hot stove when they are little don't you? Well...what are you waiting on...an invitation to teach your kids how to safely live in this crazy doped up world?

In case you haven't noticed this isn't the 50's and this isn't Mayberry. Just that you even attempted to use Barren County's "best rural place to live" honor as an excuse to let your kids run wild around here is so scary. How many unsolved murders where looming over our county like a bad storm when we received that best place honor? How many meth labs do you suppose were just around the corner when we received that honor? How many pills change hands every minute of every day in our county? There are drunks and dopers and thieves and rapists and just plain ole mean and crazy people that live in our community. Yet you think it's okay to let little 12 year old girls roam around at Walmart unsupervised because this was the best rural place to live a few years ago? WTF?

We all read what happened to those 2 girls and the woman. Obviously none of them had ever been taught what to do because each and every one of them did nothing. They just walked away hoping nobody saw anything and it could just be over with. Is that what you teach your kids? I bet those 2 twelve year old girls will not be roaming around at night in any store again in Mayberry Barren county...ya think? NOW mom knows better.
lmmfao

Glasgow, KY

#61 Jan 23, 2011
<quoted text>
Are you saying they should have hit him with their cell phones? lol If they tried to call somebody he could have freaked out and did worse to them. it isn't that hard to keep your young kids with you at Walmart. Try it sometime and we will all be a lot happier. lol
janet

United States

#62 Jun 29, 2012
Walmart needs better security, the employees never stop anyone whether there acting up or not. I saw a man in there taping women the other night and he up skirted my daughter and I told an employee and they just laughed at me.
blurg

Lexington, KY

#63 Feb 1, 2013
Wal-Mart Attorney wrote:
I think your male member has to be over 6in to be considered rape any thing under that they just consider aggravated assault! Rite! am I Rite ! huh I do believe 6in-9in is in the rape category and anything bigger than 9in is assault with a deadly weapon. I KNOW I AM NOT ONLY A LAWYER I AM THE OWNER OF A AGGRAVATING ASSAULT STICK ! Get it ! do ya get it !!(that means I have a little one)
that is the most idiotic thing i have ever read.
Shop TIll You Drop

Bassett, VA

#64 Feb 3, 2013
just what kind of town is Glasgow anyways? women and kids getting asaulted and raped DAMN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 43 min Hmmmm Really 135,115
Chad Hunt Caveland Church (Sep '08) 7 hr Too Funny 487
New girl akebono 8 hr Tiffany 1
need meth 11 hr Hum 2
babys born with tails 11 hr LOL 2
lakeside trash 11 hr Yeah 6
Barren County School Allegations 13 hr a mother 13
Red Cross One Call Sat Disappointed 9
Red cross school story Sat Just thinking 80
Red Cross Cover Up Mar 27 God help us 14
Glasgow Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web