From High School Principal to Transpo...

From High School Principal to Transportation Director

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just a wondering

Edmonton, KY

#1 Dec 8, 2010
http://glasgowdailytimes.com/local/x119904945...
I just read on the GDT website that Keith Hale, Barren Co. High School Principal is moving over to replace Tarry as Transportation Director. What goes? He's leaving as Principal right in the middle of the school year? You can listen to and read all the spin BC puts on everything, but what's the real reason??? Hmmmmm
bchs student

Cave City, KY

#2 Dec 8, 2010
keith hale is a damn good principal. im a senior there and keith has always helped me if i had a problem. he has always listened to my side of things. he has done a lot for that high school. he is the reason why so many students graduate. hes the reason why our ap department is doing so good. he is the reason barren county high school can call themselves a magnet school. keith hale took the transportation job because thats what he wanted to do. it is less stressful. he has 2 little girls and he hardly gets to see them. i say keith deserves a pat on the back for stepping up. he will be a good transportation director just like hes been a good principal. everyone just needs to stop trying to find a bigger meaning to things cause there isnt one. just leave it alone.
hillbilly

Glasgow, KY

#3 Dec 8, 2010
WILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE BCHS STUDENT, KEITH IS A FINE , UPRIGHT , HONEST MAN , HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR SEVERAL YEARS, HAD DEALINGS WITH HIM , STILL THINK A LOT OF HIM
Kelsey

Glasgow, KY

#4 Dec 8, 2010
I also agree; everybody is making it such a HUGE deal out of it. They are pretty much being selfish, look at in a positive way. He is finally getting a job opportunity that will better him and his family. He said he wants to be a superattendant one day, and this is the first step.
He isn't going to be holding our hand for the rest of our life.
Good Luck Mr. Hale and Congrats!
Been there done that

Glasgow, KY

#5 Dec 8, 2010
I am in no way saying that Keith Hale is not a good person but honestly I think that there were at least 2 other people that interviewed for this position that would have been a better choice for the job. Keith has done a good job with the test scores and the "public appearance" for the high school but everyone knows that giving him the job as transportation director was only a stepping stone to someday taking over Ralston's job. I mean really!!! Keith has not lived here in Barren county all of his life and does not know all of the roads that the transportaion department covers. I just don't see him in this position. He will not be in the lime light. There is only so much he will be able to do with a big yellow bus to make it look good!!! I HAVE NOTHING BUT PITTY FOR ALL THOSE DRIVERS!!!
gladheisquit

Glasgow, KY

#6 Dec 9, 2010
I could not agree with you more is he gonna take BUD"S chair at MC"D"S too and set all day with the old men no need to talk to him he will be talking talking and laughing at MC"D"S if he acts like BUD
Been there done that wrote:
I am in no way saying that Keith Hale is not a good person but honestly I think that there were at least 2 other people that interviewed for this position that would have been a better choice for the job. Keith has done a good job with the test scores and the "public appearance" for the high school but everyone knows that giving him the job as transportation director was only a stepping stone to someday taking over Ralston's job. I mean really!!! Keith has not lived here in Barren county all of his life and does not know all of the roads that the transportaion department covers. I just don't see him in this position. He will not be in the lime light. There is only so much he will be able to do with a big yellow bus to make it look good!!! I HAVE NOTHING BUT PITTY FOR ALL THOSE DRIVERS!!!
Been there done that

Glasgow, KY

#7 Dec 9, 2010
He would not be caught sitting at McDonald's talking to everyone he just does not have that personality!! He would be there telling them how to eat and if they don't do it his way then they just should not come back. He did do some good things for the high school but he also put on a good front for the central office staff and the board of education. The transportation dept. is in for some real changes!! What he doesn't realize is the he will not be able to come in there and make some of these people mad and expect to be able to replace them they next day. It takes time for someone to get a CDL. He may learn that he has to be a little more patient with people. I just don't see him ordering fuel, tire, and oil. Looks like he took a step down to me! Or maybe we just don't know the reason that he left the all mighty BCHS!!! Could it be that he was forced to leave in such a hurry after all of the praise that the school system has been giving him!! Just saying!!
okmaybe

Glasgow, KY

#8 Dec 9, 2010
well i dont know much about him,but i hope he does come in there and law down the law,a lot of them bus drivers cant drive for crap,especially on these little country roads,they think they're on the daytona 500 or something,and besides the non-driving part i hope he has the backbone to try to fix the ethical problems that these bus drivers have,not all,but some,if teachers got caught talking about these kids like the drivers do they would be fired not to mention the cheating and affairs that have happened last cpl years and ppl look other way,because they cant get any more drivers for what little pay they get.clean them up and ship them out!!!!and put responsible people on the bus's so we parents will know they are being looked after.thats how i see it and my opinion.
Been there done that

Glasgow, KY

#9 Dec 9, 2010
Well I told you so!! Ralston announced his retirement today!!! You would have to be completely blind to not see this GREAT BIG SIGN!! Ralston restires + Bill Walter being appointed superintendent = Keith Hale being appointed asst. superintendent. Drivers don't get to upset the Hale storm will only last a short time!!
my 2 cents

Cave City, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2010
Yes, I agree with been there, it all unfolds before our eyes as soon as I saw tonights paper I knew exactly where the great Mr. Hale was headed, personally don't feel his superintendent material. He can look you straight in the eye and lie but then can't they all?
my 2 cents

Cave City, KY

#11 Dec 9, 2010
oops that should have read don't feel he's superintendent material.....
Pam

Cave City, KY

#12 Dec 10, 2010
my 2 cents wrote:
Yes, I agree with been there, it all unfolds before our eyes as soon as I saw tonights paper I knew exactly where the great Mr. Hale was headed, personally don't feel his superintendent material. He can look you straight in the eye and lie but then can't they all?
He can look you straight in the eye and lie---sounds like he was personally trained by MR. ralston
Fester

Glasgow, KY

#13 Dec 10, 2010
Keith Hale's head finally got to big to fit in the high school and he needs a bus garage to house it.
I, for one, will not miss him.
LOL

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 10, 2010
he's(Keith Hale)isn't the little Mr. Innocent everyone thinks he is! He cusses the children and there is alot more that goes on that should be told but lots of people are afraid of the political circle involved in the school system!

“They call me the Fireman”

Since: Jul 10

Glasgow/Rocky Hill

#15 Dec 10, 2010
When I attended BCHS, Mr. Hale was a wonderful man... He was one of the best principals I ever had. It's sure is sad to see him transfer to DOT.
Just Sayin

Glasgow, KY

#16 Dec 10, 2010
heard Mark Wallace wanted another job so his um....., well um, so Cynthia York could get his job as a Director ..
Good Times

Glasgow, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2010
Keith Hale is an excellent principal, as well as a nice person. He'll do well wherever he goes and whatever he does.
wondering

Glasgow, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2010
who do u think will take over the high school?
Been there done that

Glasgow, KY

#19 Dec 11, 2010
My guess is that they will place an interim principal there for the rest of the year then I see Warren Cunningham being named principal. If basketball season was over I think that he would get it now but since he can't be principal and head coach at the same time.
Just My Opinion

Horse Cave, KY

#20 Dec 11, 2010
Ralston isn't retiring until August 1st. Won't Bud Tarry wait until the end of the school year to retire? I can't imagine him retiring in the middle of the school year. I predict that Bill Walter will be superintendent and Benny Lile will be asst. superintendent although Lile is probably champing at the bit to replace Ralston. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. It's all political anyway and the ones who have brown-nosed the right people will wind up getting the jobs they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes 10 min I know 10
Boycott NFL 15 min atf 47
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Paul 168,029
Everyone on topix read.. 54 min Wise Man 5
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 57 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,462
watch out for jason thurman 1 hr truth 4
Anyone know any good male personal trainers in ... 1 hr JBO 1

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages