platinum salon and spa

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disappointed

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Well, got a massage at platinum and it was the worst massage ever. I really think she was a cosmetologist and not a massage therapist. Anyone else have this problem. Can't we report this to someone?
Idiot Watch

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
Who was the massage therapist? You can check the state's website and see if she is licensed.
disappointed

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
She was apprentice there for becoming a hairdresser. I found that out. I also been told that they been turned in for doing massages and not being licensed. Its not right that they are taking peoples money for services they know nothing about. Trust me they don't!
wow

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Are there any threads on here not full if gossip and lies?
disappointed

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
I was there and got what was supposed to be a massage, not sure what it was. Not satisfied at all
disappointed

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Jan 3, 2013
I will come back in and point her out and if need to be with the right authorities. Someone let me know who and I will do just that.
LMAO

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Jan 3, 2013
Thank you disappointed, I worked there and it was going on then. You report it to the hairdressers' board. It's not right for them to be doing massages, I had to be away from kids to get my degree to do massages and I'm a single mom. If they want to make money from doing massages, let them spent the money to learn how to give massages.
wow

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jan 3, 2013
disappointed wrote:
I will come back in and point her out and if need to be with the right authorities. Someone let me know who and I will do just that.
Safe to make that threat on here. How about YOU find out who these "authorities" are and contact them and carry out your "threat". Oh wait - you won't as you are another all mouth no action idiot on Topix.
Idiot Watch

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2013
If someone is giving massages and isn't licensed, you report it to the Ky Board of Massage Therapists. Here is the info:
​Kentucky Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy | 911 Leawood Drive | Frankfort, KY 40601
502-564-3296, ext. 239 (Telephone)| 502-696-5230 (Fax)| [email protected]

What is going on in this town? Another salon here had an unlicensed person doing massages. There is a huge fine for that. Shop owners should verify licenses of who they hire.
JustMy2Cents

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2013
I had one of the stylist there highlight my hair a while back. They fried it like no tomorrow. It was a frizzy mess. I haven't been back and I will not be going back.
I and both my daughters go to the place in front of Wal-Mart by GameStop. Nice people, reasonable prices, and they are always quick. I highly recommend them.
okk

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jan 5, 2013
you need to report it to the massage board in frankfort you can find their number online and they will take care of it.
Idiot Watch

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 5, 2013
okk wrote:
you need to report it to the massage board in frankfort you can find their number online and they will take care of it.
It is already posted on this thread in post #10. If an unlicensed person is giving massages there, I wish someone would report it. That is not fair for those you are licensed and keep up their classes, etc.
Barbara

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jan 5, 2013
They have always gave massages without a license your behind times..
LMAO

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Jan 5, 2013
Yes they have and have been reported and nothing was done!!!
Idiot Watch

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 5, 2013
LMAO wrote:
Yes they have and have been reported and nothing was done!!!
I suspect the problem with an investigation being done is that the unlicensed person is only doing massages on people she personally knows. So if someone calls there undercover and asks the names of your massage therapists, the caller is only given the names of the real ones, the ones who are licensed. Even if an undercover investigator showed up for a massage, only the real massage therapist would give massage. Am I correct in my assumption??

In this case, the investigator has no proof of an unlicensed person doing massages. anyone who knows this is being done will have to get some proof.

In the other salon where an unlicensed person was working, the salon gave out her name to a caller as being a massage therapist and a quick check of the website for the licensure board showed she wasn't licensed. then BOOM, the licensure board was all up the butt of the unlicensed person and the shop owner.
fact

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Jan 5, 2013
She will get hers. It's call karma and its a bitch. The apprentice that are doing massages knows better too. Anyone that's getting massages, they are not licensed to do them. Turn them in to the state board, you wouldn't want someone coming in doing your job. Help put a stop to them doing massages.
mr green jeans

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 5, 2013
My daughters a massage therapist if they are in need of one.
massage lover

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jan 5, 2013
mr green jeans wrote:
My daughters a massage therapist if they are in need of one.
is she working in a salon here? which one?
Owners

Cave City, KY

#22 Jan 7, 2013
Plz call the owner to report any problems with the back facial and relaxation session that is offered at platinum. You may also contact Linda, the state board inspector thru Frankfort. Platinum received their 6th 100 grade on Friday Jan 4th. This service is acceptable by all professional standards of our state board.

If you are looking for more than a relaxation session you will be directed to another establishment. Note: the last therapist was fired and left with a bad standing. She may be finding it hard to get another job. She may be posting and stirring up stunk because of her hard feelings.

These post do not threaten our business. They are no more than gossip. Gossip is trash!

Plz call the owners if you have any services to discuss. Any future threads or comments will be ignored. Real people with real complaints call in person to discuss.
Donna

Bowling Green, KY

#23 Jan 8, 2013
I have nothing to do with this shit, but you mess with me and every will know what was going on in that salon including the wives. So leave me out of it. I was fired because I told you that yall couldn't do massages. That's all I want to hear about me. I had no trouble finding another job, because I'm good at what I do. I'm not bothering you so back off!!! I can comment and give advice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bethanie Hardin 1 hr He who knows 6
Jason Pace (May '15) 2 hr Sara 36
Shawna Pedigo 3 hr KJDQ 14
Sister Schuberts 4 hr Sam 13
who was the badest men in glasgow (Aug '08) 4 hr Real 246
Cheering for Chloe 4 hr what 2
Old circus closing new one opening 4 hr Hahaha 4

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance