First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wonderwoman

Glasgow, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2008
ok i'll start this one...how many of yall can't stand when you go to hardees and no matter what you order they always ask would you like to try ......no how about a .....no or a.....no i just want what i ordered...how about saying" welcome to hardees may i take your order?
Just Me

Cave City, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2008
wonderwoman wrote:
ok i'll start this one...how many of yall can't stand when you go to hardees and no matter what you order they always ask would you like to try ......no how about a .....no or a.....no i just want what i ordered...how about saying" welcome to hardees may i take your order?
Gosh AMEN to that statement !!! I go by there for breakfast some mornings , and by the time I finally get finished answering all her sales pitches I am irritated and running late ....
john law

Etoile, KY

#3 Aug 23, 2008
i just want coffee and ill get a call on police radio and have to leave cause sales talk
county girl

Glasgow, KY

#4 Aug 23, 2008
to all u smart a**es if u had any since u would know that it is the job that requires the people to ask these things,if u are in that big of a hurry dont stop!! as for just wonting coffee, make it at home!at least the food is good , which hardees are u talking about anyway i know that the one on east main dont do this
Old fast food

Glasgow, KY

#5 Aug 23, 2008
I worked fast food LONG ago (in high school). What they are doing is called a "suggestive sell" and it is what they are trained to do and told to do. It's part of their job. Aren't there things about YOUR job you have to do that you don't like -but you do them because THEY ARE PART OF YOUR JOB?

That aside, I think fast food service today sucks. I worked it before there were electronic cash registers. You had a menu pad and had to add up their order in your head and on the pad AND calculate tax all before they pulled away from the drive-thru speaker.

Now, you see slow moving people who can hardly push a button and count back change with employees sitting outside (and even inside at Hardees) smoking cigarettes stinking up the place and looking unprofessional. And I know this is not true of ALL place and all employees - but it is true for about 85% of them.
bchs11

Edmonton, KY

#6 Aug 23, 2008
it gets on my damn nerves they need to stop it my god.
i said what i wanted to eat, and thats what i want. i dont want a damn strawberry biscut if i wanted it you better bet i damn good and well would have said it..
done

Munfordville, KY

#7 Aug 23, 2008
they are doing their jobs, if they didnt suggest that stuff u would be somewhere bi**hing about well they didnt tell me the specials.
Good stuff

Glasgow, KY

#8 Aug 23, 2008
I think Hardee's has great food with good service. The people who work there are trained to do what they do. They get my vote and my money.
Yes

Glasgow, KY

#9 Aug 23, 2008
I worked at a restaurant many moons ago and I hated doing the suggestive selling, but it was part of my job and I had to do it or get in trouble with the managers on duty. So even though it annoys me I just grin and bear it.
liz

Anderson, IN

#10 Aug 29, 2008
I think that the employees at Hardees do a wonderful job...every time that I've been in town everyone has been very friendly and not pushy about selecting more items.

It is their job to ask if you would like something else. Leave a little earlier if you are going to stop and pick up breakfast at any of the local restaurants.

It pays to be friendly to the people that handle your food! They could do stuff to it that would make you sick and you not know it.-
wants to know

Glasgow, KY

#11 Sep 2, 2008
ok too all you ppl putting Hardee`s down for what they have to do or say . how many of you have ever worked fast food? if you haven't then you don't know what they have to do just to keepthe managers off their backs. did you ever think that they don't like saying it nomore than you like hearing it but it is their job to do it. so damn give them a little credit for once . if you don't like it why keep coming back for more cause you know they do it so if you come back quit your b***hing about it..
New Kid

Glasgow, KY

#12 Sep 3, 2008
wonderwoman wrote:
Just reply: Yes, I would like a Big Mac! LOL!
I have actually done that!
scooter

Glasgow, KY

#13 Sep 3, 2008
county girl wrote:
to all u smart a**es if u had any since u would know that it is the job that requires the people to ask these things,if u are in that big of a hurry dont stop!! as for just wonting coffee, make it at home!at least the food is good , which hardees are u talking about anyway i know that the one on east main dont do this
Would you like a apple pie with that?
country girl

Glasgow, KY

#14 Sep 3, 2008
let me gues scooter....u are dumb ass scooter brents!!!!
mmm

Glasgow, KY

#15 Sep 6, 2008
first off i worked at the hardees on east main and we were trained to say that if we didnt and the main people came we would get wrote up. If you dont want to hear what they have to say pull up. But thats what they are required to do and the dont want to lose their job.
wonderwoman

Glasgow, KY

#16 Sep 7, 2008
what i'm saying is when i pull up before i order i say..ok i'm ready to order then they start their spill....Welcome to hardees would you like to try our new whatchamacallit? Then i say i want 2 sausage and cheese biscuits and thats it..2 sausage and cheese biscuits would you like to make that a value meal? NO just the sausage and cheese.! ok would you like 2 apple turnovers for a 1.00$? NO just the biscuits.. Would you like anything to drink with that? DAMNIT al i want is the biscuits...@ sausge and cheese biscuits is that all you want to order? YES!!!!! is your order correct? YES FINALY!!!! pull around please......Then when i get to the window they try again...Would you like 2 apple turnovers for a 1.00$?NO!!! how bout cinnamon raison biscuts? Would you please just take my money and give me my order?!!!!!! Scripting or not when someone makes an order and then says "that's all i want then you should keep all that scripting to your (big wigs) when they pull up....that's what the camera's are four uggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
countygirl

Glasgow, KY

#17 Sep 7, 2008
WONDER WOMAN we do the job we are paid to do,u must be one of the deadbets without a job so u wouldnt understand
mom04

Glasgow, KY

#18 Sep 7, 2008
Don't they have to do the same thing at Mcd's ?lay off people its part of the job!I happen to know a lot of good people that work at hardee's.
Just Me

Cave City, KY

#19 Sep 8, 2008
mom04 wrote:
Don't they have to do the same thing at Mcd's ?lay off people its part of the job!I happen to know a lot of good people that work at hardee's.
I realize it is part of their job , and they would be repremanded otherwise . It is called suggestive selling and probably works 10% of the time . I figure by the time they do their irritating sales technique , they could get customers through there a heck of alot sooner . I've had to leave because the line was so long . I really believe they loose customers because of the 5 minute sales pitch at the speaker ..

I do however enjoy their breakfast , and have no complaint about the food . They don't have enough choices for my family for us to eat there any other meal . I think they should have more variety like they did years ago .
Agree

Glasgow, KY

#20 Sep 8, 2008
Good stuff wrote:
I think Hardee's has great food with good service. The people who work there are trained to do what they do. They get my vote and my money.
I agree, I love Hardee's. I always get through there SUPER fast, even with a long line. Who cares if they take 10 extra seconds of your time to do what they are asked to do? Donna in the drive through is the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 138,174
Kelsey files lawsuit 42 min Really 7
Chad Hunt Caveland Church (Sep '08) 2 hr for sure 586
TJ Samson Physicians leaving 5 hr controlzone 23
Brandon trae Gordon 7 hr Weezer 7
Laynee Wallace body found 8 hr shes the one 64
Lift anyone? 8 hr dbee7007 1
Grand Jury 9 hr fact 5
Laynees MOTHER 11 hr meth killer 132
missing child Thu sad 139
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE