The Green Mansion!
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Court

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jan 24, 2008
I am looking for anyone that might have information on the "green mansion" out in the roseville road, temple hill area! I am not expecting the younger generations to know what I am talking about but I am sure some of the older people might know! I am EXTREMELY interested in this place! I am also looking for other places that are haunted in Barren County for I have a ghost hunting group and we are interested in investigating places! Such as the green mansion! We will welcome anyone that wants to become a member! Thanks for the help!
Bigman43

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 24, 2008
BOO!
country boy

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Court wrote:
I am looking for anyone that might have information on the "green mansion" out in the roseville road, temple hill area! I am not expecting the younger generations to know what I am talking about but I am sure some of the older people might know! I am EXTREMELY interested in this place! I am also looking for other places that are haunted in Barren County for I have a ghost hunting group and we are interested in investigating places! Such as the green mansion! We will welcome anyone that wants to become a member! Thanks for the help!
there's a house over off bartly rd on 68/80.i went there when i was younger and it is real,if they havent tore it down yet,its been about 16 years since ive been ther.
Mikey

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jan 24, 2008
How would an interested person be able to join your group?
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#6 Jan 24, 2008
I know how to get to it, but it's not in the area of Temple Hill. It's out the Oil Well Road area, keep going and you'll come to a y in the road, continue straight, onto a road that I cannot remember the name of but I can show you anytime if you wish for me to. The Siddens family took care of that place for yrs. We used to try to get to go back in there at Halloween to watch the goings on with the Satanic group that used it, but were always shot at. My brother in law told that he found his Weimerauner(sp?) dog in there above where the pentagram was and it was strung up by its back legs and had its throat slit. It had gone missing the night before Halloween. My hubby and I were raised in that area. Send me an email, I'd like to do some informal investigating with your group. Have you checked out the big brick house on North Race Street. It's next to Ford Drive. It was known to have tunnels that lead up to the courthouse. And it was told that the house was used during the Civil War to help the runaway slaves, the Underground Railroad? My email is [email protected] TY.
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#7 Jan 24, 2008
PS - I think that Kay Bush (Etoile area) and her parents purchased the home on North Race and you could contact her about it. they have been doing recent restoration, so it may have some paras going on there. You know how it is when you begin projects like that, it stirs it all up...
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#8 Jan 24, 2008
PSS, I can purchase an EMF detector at reasonable prices via ebay. I had one several months ago but could not find out if there was a group in the area. So I'd be happy to be able to purchase one again to be able to use in the group. Also, we have always been very interested in Waverly Hills in Louisville area. Have neighbors who lived in the area of Waverly before they moved here to Glasgow, they said that the times they had been there by hopping the fence when they were teens that they did see and experience some mighty strange things, but without the evidence, they had no proof, they also would want to become a part of this local group.
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#9 Jan 24, 2008
And I'm not actually in Horse Cave, I don't know why that comes up on this, I am in Glasgow.
just lookin

London, KY

#10 Jan 24, 2008
What about the house that Dr. Kiser bought and is now renovating? It's right off of North Race Street in Glasgow. I've heard there have been some interesting things happening there!
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2008
Is it the big hug brick one - what was it called Spotswood? At the corner of Ford Drive and Race St?That was the one I thought someone had told me that Kay Bush and family purchased, but I may be mistaken. I figured it would have to be getting some boogies going on since renovations have began. Cool huh. I love that stuff.
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#12 Jan 24, 2008
Hey folks - I found a bit more info on Spotswood on North Race St.
http://www.answers.com/topic/glasgow-kentucky...
Taken from article;
"The Spotswood home, built there in 1795 under the direction of George Washington for his niece, is still occupied."

This, "Iredale, WIlliam W to Spotswood, Mary Randolph Brooke,
4 Sept 1816" - I found on http://boards.ancestry.com.au/localities.nort...

So the more info we can locate, to find who all has been a part of that home in the past years will be good info to go on for investigating the place.
Court

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jan 24, 2008
You can leave me your email address on here I wont post mine because I dont want a lot of people emailing me cussing me for what I do! But Mickey if you want to leave your email address on here that is fine and I will email you and let you know more about the group!
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#14 Jan 24, 2008
I think a person could actually contact Sandi Gorin here in Glasgow to find more info on the place. She's the one in the know when it comes to Glasgow's history and geneology of many familes that first established Glasgow. I believe one of her Gorin relatives, John, perhaps, was one of the original founders here.
Court

Glasgow, KY

#15 Jan 24, 2008
I have heard a few stories about the green mansion! One of them was that a little boy of the family was bit by a rabid animal and they took him out tied him to a chair and poured gas on him and set him on fire instead of taking him to the doctor! the other one is that there was a drifter walking one day and stopped and asked for a glass of water and he went crazy killing the whole family. I am not sure if there is any truth behind these or not I would just like to know more about it and possibly do a paranormal investigation there to see if its actually haunted! By the way My Neck of the Woods I just sent you an email!
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#16 Jan 24, 2008
Court - you have email!!!
Chas

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2008
I have been dying to go to Waverly Hills. They have an official website and tours. I want to go to the overnight tour. You don't have a tour guide or anything and you can bring all the paranormal equipment, cameras, etc. It is 100.00 for 8 hours. They are going to start taking reservations again in March because of the weather.
Chas

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 24, 2008
Here is the link to Waverly!!

http://www.waverlyhillstbsanatorium.com/
My neck of the woods

Horse Cave, KY

#19 Jan 25, 2008
Chas wrote:
I have been dying to go to Waverly Hills. They have an official website and tours. I want to go to the overnight tour. You don't have a tour guide or anything and you can bring all the paranormal equipment, cameras, etc. It is 100.00 for 8 hours. They are going to start taking reservations again in March because of the weather.
We had thought of that last fall too and wanted to get a bunch of us together to go in and split the fees. If anyone wanted to bring whatever items they have they could and the others can do the walkthrough with us all and we can split up, whatever, and ck it all out and just roll with the flow on it. Chas, my email is in a post abve, feel free to email me so I can get back with Court on all of us meeting up soon. TY for chiming in!!!:)
Mikey

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2008
Hey court here is an email I just set it up just to recieve your email with the info I requested after you send something I will send yuo my regular email for further contact.thank you
Mikey

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jan 25, 2008
sorry forgot to post the email address [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NHC Administration 37 min rumor or truth 93
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min uMoron 143,061
Chief decision 1 hr Albert 4
Matthew Vaughn 2 hr Honestlytho 8
Glenview church 5 hr Tequila sanchez 1
Female friends wanted 6 hr Becca 3
Why do white girls hook up with blacks??? (Jun '10) 7 hr Jesse White 382
Police Chief??? 11 hr Loser 42
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) Aug 27 Love Hurts 1,224
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages