We need good jobs in Glasgow!

Posted in the Glasgow Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Horse Cave, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2013
OK guess I just need to vent but where are all the jobs we were suppose to get when the liquor came in Glasgow. I thoght the way you people talked we would see all kinds of new industry in this town. I think it,s a shame you have to go to Bowling Green or somewhere else to get a decent paying job and don,t tell me it,s the economy either you had enough economy to build your new restraunts. And boy did that bring the jobs in Glasgow. Ha waitresing for 2.00 an hour plus tips. I will never vote for or believe anything you people ever say again. All it amounted to was you people just wanted your drinkypoos here.And I remember one buisness man in particular stating how much revenue it would bring into this community. Ha I heard George Jays went broke. So again I ask you fine citizens of Glasgow WHERE ARE THE JOBS!!!!! You are nothing but a bunch of Joe Blows!! I,m done talking now!!!!!!!!!!
Hank

Horse Cave, KY

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I feel exactley the same. There are so many lies told to people here in Glasgow just to get a vote. Alot of these kids graduating need good paying jobs. Along with people who havw been laid off. It, a shame because some have to work to pay for their college educations. This town is the best town in the world to raise your kids and be safe but we really do need some good factorys for people to have a good check and good insurance.
my thinking

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jan 30, 2013
I think we could say those who wanted the liquor here was for themselves, so they don't have to drive to Bowling Green. The jobs we have added are those who are working are restaurants we have added. Look how many we have that can serve 100 customers. (I guess not very many when we take away the mexican restaurants)
grow the hell up

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Ask yourself how many jobs Glasgow lost by going moist? Answer: NONE. And look beyond a waiter or waitress. What about cooks? Manager? Assistant Managers? What about the local contractors that built these restaurants or remodeled the spaces? What about the added tax revenue? What about local distributors supplying food an goods to the restaurants? I pushed heavily for going moist and would do it again. I'd even go for fully wet and package sales.

And before you start name calling, I rarely drink. I might have a beer with a meal at a restaurant once or twice a year. But going moist is moving Glasgow out of the ridiculous dark ages and making us a stronger city at competing of jobs. You need to look at the long term benefits to the city. How has going moist HURT Glasgow? And let's not even bother with the moral argument as that is, quite simply, bullsh*t and your personal religious agenda which should never drive growth. In fact, it usually just drives stagnation.

And don't start claiming there are more drunk drivers. Check the stats and you will see that we have about the same number of DUIs as before. Those people getting in wrecks are the ones drinking at private parties - which went on long before. Like those two kids recently killed in a single vehicle wreck after being out partying.
a waste of time

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 30, 2013
grow the hell up wrote:
Ask yourself how many jobs Glasgow lost by going moist? Answer: NONE. And look beyond a waiter or waitress. What about cooks? Manager? Assistant Managers? What about the local contractors that built these restaurants or remodeled the spaces? What about the added tax revenue? What about local distributors supplying food an goods to the restaurants? I pushed heavily for going moist and would do it again. I'd even go for fully wet and package sales.
And before you start name calling, I rarely drink. I might have a beer with a meal at a restaurant once or twice a year. But going moist is moving Glasgow out of the ridiculous dark ages and making us a stronger city at competing of jobs. You need to look at the long term benefits to the city. How has going moist HURT Glasgow? And let's not even bother with the moral argument as that is, quite simply, bullsh*t and your personal religious agenda which should never drive growth. In fact, it usually just drives stagnation.
And don't start claiming there are more drunk drivers. Check the stats and you will see that we have about the same number of DUIs as before. Those people getting in wrecks are the ones drinking at private parties - which went on long before. Like those two kids recently killed in a single vehicle wreck after being out partying.
There is a whole lot I could say about your comment, but I won't waste my time. You id says quite a bit about you.
a waste of time

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Correction your id says
lol

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
a waste of time wrote:
<quoted text>There is a whole lot I could say about your comment, but I won't waste my time. You id says quite a bit about you.
Can you say "cop out"? Yes, I think that you can. LOL. And it seems your ID says plenty about you as well, you waste.
shmegma

United States

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Ask jeeves
ignore

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jan 31, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say "cop out"? Yes, I think that you can. LOL. And it seems your ID says plenty about you as well, you waste.
I believe that pertained to a waste of time.
Could it be that it was truth, and this comment is also truth?
Hank

Horse Cave, KY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Can only speak for myself but I don,t believe wondering was in any way refering to the alchol except that it,s not bringing any industry to the community. People we need jobs. I have family members and they all work but I,m just saying one good paying factory would be such a blessing in this town. It,s very hard especially on these young folks to make it on the wages here. Heck even if you work 2 jobs and believe me been ther and done that it, still hard to make it.I know I know it,s hard everywhere but I believe the frustration comes from the expectations that going moist was supposed to help bring in those jobs.
why

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Why factory jobs? I keep seeing everyone in this town bitching and moaning for factory jobs. These are not that great of jobs. They need a mostly unskilled and uneducated work force. Is that all Glasgow is? Why not get some professional jobs here? More construction jobs? More service jobs? Just another big warehouse churning out car parts? Is that the highest aspiration of people in this town? If it is, then this town is doomed. Even factories want to locate on vibrant, progressive, aspiring towns. If your dream is for an assembly line job, then you have little to no aspiration.
grow the hell up

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Hank wrote:
Can only speak for myself but I don,t believe wondering was in any way refering to the alchol except that it,s not bringing any industry to the community. People we need jobs. I have family members and they all work but I,m just saying one good paying factory would be such a blessing in this town. It,s very hard especially on these young folks to make it on the wages here. Heck even if you work 2 jobs and believe me been ther and done that it, still hard to make it.I know I know it,s hard everywhere but I believe the frustration comes from the expectations that going moist was supposed to help bring in those jobs.
He was completely blaming the alcohol vote for not bringing jobs to Glasgow. Which is simply not true. As I stated.

How much of not getting good jobs is due to the overall low education level of people in our community? The closed mindedness? The distrust of "outsiders"? I moved here 10 years ago from the "north" and people still give me sh*t for being a "Yankee". Why would any good company want to put up with this crap? This town is slitting it's own throat with everything from the piss poor attitude, education, and work ethic to the corruption of the GPD and the overall hate and fear of anything new or different. When it's time for me to retire in a few years, I will not be remaining in Glasgow.
Hank

Horse Cave, KY

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Most want factorys because they have the benifits where most other jobs don,t offer them. They want to work you just enough hours so you can,t get benifits.
My time

Horse Cave, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Agree Glasgow does not want anything to change except what benifits them.I personally live in Glasgow but go to church, shop, get my hair done in other towns. Gosssip, gossip, gossip everywhere you go.I don,t care whosedoing who and I don,t care to hear this everytime I go out. People in this town need to get a life and mind their own buisiness.
wtf

Edmonton, KY

#15 Jan 31, 2013
a waste of time wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a whole lot I could say about your comment, but I won't waste my time. You id says quite a bit about you.
Oh wow...that really got your point across. Run Forest run when you can't dispute any of what the other poster stated. Hint, hint...because the other poster was 100% correct and you made a good choice to run from a reply. You would have looked much dumber than you do now if you had tried to debate. lol
oh please

Edmonton, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Wondering wrote:
OK guess I just need to vent but where are all the jobs we were suppose to get when the liquor came in Glasgow. I thoght the way you people talked we would see all kinds of new industry in this town. I think it,s a shame you have to go to Bowling Green or somewhere else to get a decent paying job and don,t tell me it,s the economy either you had enough economy to build your new restraunts. And boy did that bring the jobs in Glasgow. Ha waitresing for 2.00 an hour plus tips. I will never vote for or believe anything you people ever say again. All it amounted to was you people just wanted your drinkypoos here.And I remember one buisness man in particular stating how much revenue it would bring into this community. Ha I heard George Jays went broke. So again I ask you fine citizens of Glasgow WHERE ARE THE JOBS!!!!! You are nothing but a bunch of Joe Blows!! I,m done talking now!!!!!!!!!!
Take a look around you. Burkesville for example. Clinton's NAFTA wiped Cumberland County off the map. Their only factories were gone lickity split! Many tourist travel through Burkesville for their vacations at Dale Hollow. Burkesville won't go moist so the vacationers keep right on going and end up in Tennessee where those adult vacationers can have a drink or a beer with their dinner while they are relaxing on vacation and not have to worry about being hauled off to another county for drinking a beer with their bratwurst. Burkesville is a ghost town and will probably not take advantage of their tourist opportunities until the old people are gone. They don't have even the lowest ranking of things/places...McDonald's, Burger King, dollar Tree, sports Bar and Grill, Kmart, Walmart, nothing.
bam

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wow...that really got your point across. Run Forest run when you can't dispute any of what the other poster stated. Hint, hint...because the other poster was 100% correct and you made a good choice to run from a reply. You would have looked much dumber than you do now if you had tried to debate. lol
BAM! lol
nope

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Hank wrote:
Most want factorys because they have the benifits where most other jobs don,t offer them. They want to work you just enough hours so you can,t get benifits.
No, they want factory jobs because they don't need more than a high school education.
no shame in working

Edmonton, KY

#19 Feb 1, 2013
Somebody has to work the factory jobs, don't they? Should those people who work in factories and do their jobs and are very good at their jobs be ashamed because they earn an honest living for their families? I worked in a factory for 15 years and those "rich" edumuhkated engineers would have to come ask the lowly factory employees how this or that works or how could the machines be more efficient. Not one of those so-called scholars had any common sense whatsoever. The company was anticipating us going on strike one time and the Plant Manager was going berserk because he knew the office guys weren't even smart enough to turn the machines on much less run the damn things. lol
thank you

Glasgow, KY

#20 Feb 1, 2013
no shame in working wrote:
Somebody has to work the factory jobs, don't they? Should those people who work in factories and do their jobs and are very good at their jobs be ashamed because they earn an honest living for their families? I worked in a factory for 15 years and those "rich" edumuhkated engineers would have to come ask the lowly factory employees how this or that works or how could the machines be more efficient. Not one of those so-called scholars had any common sense whatsoever. The company was anticipating us going on strike one time and the Plant Manager was going berserk because he knew the office guys weren't even smart enough to turn the machines on much less run the damn things. lol
I am so glad you made this comment. When I read some of these comments my mind was thinking along your line. I couldn't have begun to say it as well. Thank you so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeep 18 min Mike 1
T.Vincent 1 hr Who 2
UFO lands in Slaytons yard...stole their junk 1 hr Ricky Retardo 17
Justin Hester (Jul '08) 3 hr Buba 25
***479 Youngs Rd , trailer , is this place haun... 3 hr friend 25
looking for a crossdresser/tranny (Aug '15) 3 hr Joey 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 165,739

Glasgow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Glasgow Mortgages