Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#42 Jul 25, 2008
zanman wrote:
it dont matter who's in office there will always be somebody or more selling drugs that goes for prescription drugs or pot or anything else they want. they will never get it all off the streets and you all know that!! its been going on for a long time and there is no end in sight. just try to keep you and yours off of it if you can. its up to us not our city goverment they are not gonna help!! they might bust them but they right back on the streets pretty quick, its all a big circle how will it ever end.....it wont!!!!!!
I completely agree.

Since: Jul 08

Cave City, KY

#43 Jul 25, 2008
Suboxone is a med to block opiates. They need to start handin' these out to the actors.....I know a lot of good actors in this town. They need Emmy awards cuz they tell the docs they are in pain.... the next day you see em in thier yard pullin the engine out of thier car by hand..... it makes me sick.
fed friend

Glasgow, KY

#44 Jul 25, 2008
Investigation actualy started with jeff staples up in hart co. a few years ago, he sang on alot of so called law enforcement officers in the tri- co. area.bid your time big things are coming!!!
vegas

Glasgow, KY

#45 Jul 26, 2008
Aqua wrote:
<quoted text>
According to another thread on this forum, there's a doctor in the ER at TJSamson that will not even give pain medicine for a kidney stone. I don't know if you've ever had a kidney stone but they cause major pain. From what I've read and heard about that doctor, he will not prescribe pain medicine for ANY reason. I personally know someone who saw him in the ER for 2 broken ribs and was sent home with nothing for pain. The idiot told her that Tylenol should be sufficient in controlling her pain. Ever had a broken rib? The pain is excrutiating with every breath you take. This happened during a weekend when her regular doc wasn't working. When she saw her regular doc on Monday, he was livid that no pain meds had been prescribed. So don't be calling my post BS when I know for a fact that there are idiot doctors out there that don't have enough sense to know when pain medicine is really needed.
Is his name Dr "K"
Aqua

Glasgow, KY

#46 Jul 26, 2008
vegas wrote:
<quoted text>Is his name Dr "K"
There are 2 docs in the ER whose last name starts with K.
just someone

Glasgow, KY

#47 Jul 26, 2008
I'm taking lortabs right now.
i'm young.
and i do have a past of stealing pills from my friend's parents medicine cabinets and so on.
i like how they chill me out and make me feel.
i take a double dose when my parents aren't looking.
i have bad withdrawal symptoms when i stop, so when i need to, i just take less and eventually stop for a while until i'm stressed and i need to be chilled out and relaxed again.
get some help

Horse Cave, KY

#48 Jul 26, 2008
just someone wrote:
i'm young.
and i do have a past of stealing pills from my friend's parents medicine cabinets and so on.
i have bad withdrawal symptoms when i stop, so when i need to, i just take less and eventually stop for a while until i'm stressed and i need to be chilled out and relaxed again.
before you injure your liver from taking too many pain pills

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#49 Jul 26, 2008
just someone wrote:
i'm young.
Deal with reality. Thise things are bad. When you really need them they arent gonna help.
silly pill popper

Glasgow, KY

#50 Jul 26, 2008
go to pain clinic
trashman

Glasgow, KY

#51 Jul 27, 2008
Well I will stay on the subject.This is a very serious problem. What's the answer? I can let you in on my experence. My wife is hooked on lorcets and xnax. She will tell you she is. Dr's done it.
She cant get off them. we have a nice home, great kids, and steady income. There are times the house wont get cleaned for weeks at a time. no meals cooked. we eat out alot. laundry stacked waist high. She has had 7 knee surgerys and 2 total knee replacements.She will go thru 60 lorcets in 5 days. If she runs out she will try to borrow from a friend or buy off the street. she sits in her chair high as a kite watching food network. oh and as far as treatment for this shes been to the 6th floor 2 times and wont stay. I had all I could last sept. and left her. I came back for Christmas thinking maybe I'll give it another go. But it's not working.I've done all I know to do and nothing works. I am planning to leave her again very soon and get on with my life.
high as a kite

Glasgow, KY

#52 Jul 27, 2008
trashman wrote:
Well I will stay on the subject.This is a very serious problem. What's the answer? I can let you in on my experence. My wife is hooked on lorcets and xnax. She will tell you she is. Dr's done it.
She cant get off them. we have a nice home, great kids, and steady income. There are times the house wont get cleaned for weeks at a time. no meals cooked. we eat out alot. laundry stacked waist high. She has had 7 knee surgerys and 2 total knee replacements.She will go thru 60 lorcets in 5 days. If she runs out she will try to borrow from a friend or buy off the street. she sits in her chair high as a kite watching food network. oh and as far as treatment for this shes been to the 6th floor 2 times and wont stay. I had all I could last sept. and left her. I came back for Christmas thinking maybe I'll give it another go. But it's not working.I've done all I know to do and nothing works. I am planning to leave her again very soon and get on with my life.
I really feel for you and your family...Try a intervention with family and friends and take her off from here.IMHO the places to go aren't what there cracked up to be...Why i say this, I know I been there!I quit cold turkey nad almost died!
Aqua

Glasgow, KY

#53 Jul 27, 2008
trashman wrote:
I'm sorry that your wife has the disease of drug addiction. Just remember that it IS a disease. If you're talking about the 6th floor at the Medical Center, then that is not a substitute for drug rehab. There is a rehab in BG called Park Place. There's also a very good one in Elizabethtown called Communicare. Both take payments on a sliding scale so it might cost very little for her to go there. It sounds like she needs at least 30 days of inpatient rehab. Would she agree to go to rehab? I have a relative who went to Communicare for 30 days and he's been clean for 3 years now. He still goes to AA/NA meetings regularly. Could you possibly talk your wife into going there? I wish you and your wife the best of luck and I hope she can recover from her addiction.
trashman

Glasgow, KY

#54 Jul 27, 2008
Thanks Aqua and high as a kite.
She won't go into rehab. She thinks if she does go away that i will sell the house, file for divorce and take our daughter from her.I swore to her I would not sell anything or try to take my daughter. I have no business trying to raise a 12 yr. old girl by myself. The only way I would is if she died. Never the less she won't go. Friends we use to hang with over here that would come visit and play cards and stuff won't come around anymore. I think due to this. My oldest son moved out, and my youngest son can't wait to get out of here next month and go to school at E.K.U. all is left is my daughter. She crys alot when the wife gets wasted and unresponcive to verbal comands. I keep a close watch on her breathing to make sure she don't quit. my little girl calls a friend or grandparent to go stay with cause she doesn't want to see her mom like this. We are all fed up with life here and want something to give.
high as a kite

Glasgow, KY

#55 Jul 27, 2008
I know she willl think that..She needs to have the right ones in like a intervention too assure her that your not gonna clean her clock and let her be left out in the cold....."I't s the drus talking" believe me,They'll make up anykina of excuse in the book to avoid help until they really get it.....The they will look back and say thank you..Also i know how you feel.You can only take so much.....If you tell her look if you don't get help i'm gonna do such and such and she still keeps on..Well you'll have to do it too show her what you mean......I really feel sad for you....I know i have urges every day but i have strong will to fight them off...
Aqua

Glasgow, KY

#56 Jul 27, 2008
high as a kite wrote:
I know she willl think that..She needs to have the right ones in like a intervention too assure her that your not gonna clean her clock and let her be left out in the cold....."I't s the drus talking" believe me,They'll make up anykina of excuse in the book to avoid help until they really get it.....The they will look back and say thank you..Also i know how you feel.You can only take so much.....If you tell her look if you don't get help i'm gonna do such and such and she still keeps on..Well you'll have to do it too show her what you mean......I really feel sad for you....I know i have urges every day but i have strong will to fight them off...
I am so glad that you sought help and are in recovery. I wish you the best.
a person

Glasgow, KY

#57 Jul 27, 2008
Reading these recent comments makes me think that I don't want to end up a serious addict later on in life.
I'm having withdrawal symptoms from taking them everyday, and it sucks but I'm stopping.
Get your wife help, soon, before it's too late.
Most pill poppers will overdose one day. Because they will take more and more until their bodies can't handle it anymore. They're so used to feeling that high that you get off of them, that a few won't do it anymore, and more and more will be taken.
stop it

Glasgow, KY

#58 Jul 27, 2008
Go to an ACCREDITED pain center run by board certified doctor.
There i in e-town
several in Louiseville
WKU-GURL

Cave City, KY

#59 Aug 21, 2008
Aqua wrote:
There are people who truly need pain medication, but can't get it because of the ones who don't need it and have caused the doctors to stop prescribing it. I think it's a crying shame that there are people who have to live in pain just because of the drug addicts who get it and don't need it. If any of my loved ones ever need it and the doc won't prescribe it, I will raise 15 kinds of hell because I'm not going to sit and watch them suffer. It looks like the docs would get a clue about who's really in need of pain meds and who's not. If there's a legitimate need for pain medication, then the suffering person should get the meds without having to jump through hoops to get it.
I agree I have two babies and I go to college I have a lot of pain in my back and neak it causes me to get migrane headachs at least 3 times a week I am not getting anything for pain but i know a lot of people who get a shit load of pain pills and don't even take them they sell them and I know some that are not in pain but get them and abuse them. I know that they are bad for you but I need something for pain so I can be up on my feet and feeling better for the kids and actually sit through a 3 hour class with out having to go out in the hall and walk around and strech.
lived with it

Horse Cave, KY

#60 Aug 22, 2008
trashman wrote:
Do you really think it is wise to leave a 12 year old to deal with someone/something that you as a grown man can not handle? I lived with an addict and she would be better off with a father that cared then a mother that was in your words "hooked on lorcets and xnax". What kind of life is that for her. Your wife deserves to have her child taken away if she will not take the steps needed to change her life and insure that her children are cared for.
I could go on but I think you get my point.
Get A Life

Glasgow, KY

#61 Aug 22, 2008
You know reading this thread makes me think of a few people that I know. I don't take them, but my friends are addicted to them. They think that they can't make it through the day unless they have them, but they don't even work or do a thing but sit at home. Try working all day everyday, running after kids, and having a back that is so bad that they want to operate on it, and they won't give someone like me a thing, but my friends get them all day everyday, it just makes me sick how people that don't need them, get them but people that do need pain killers cant!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glasgow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara reed wheeler 40 min Twister 2
Missy Rodgers 1 hr John 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 136,651
The Reddys did not donate South Green Elementary 1 hr my thinking 77
Shane Moran YMCA employee 8 hr Concerned 1
What Money Can Buy 8 hr liveets 2
ingram family 10 hr Seriously 45
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) 17 hr Elmer 1,174
More from around the web

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]