Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

does anyone have a child on the team??
I would like to know how some of you feel about so many young men standing around doing nothing. THey should just please find something for those boys to work on. They look so pitful on the sideline. MY son is on the 8 grade team and that is what he does pretty much 5 nights a week.
I sorta feel like a bad mom for allowing it, but he really hopes to play.
Even if they don't play in a game they should not make it so boring for them.
how do some of you feel about this team this year??
Confused

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

proud mommy wrote:
does anyone have a child on the team??
I would like to know how some of you feel about so many young men standing around doing nothing. THey should just please find something for those boys to work on. They look so pitful on the sideline. MY son is on the 8 grade team and that is what he does pretty much 5 nights a week.
I sorta feel like a bad mom for allowing it, but he really hopes to play.
Even if they don't play in a game they should not make it so boring for them.
how do some of you feel about this team this year??
you ever thought about asking the coach instead of putting it on topix for some dumb ass to slam you about it or put down the school ball team...
former bcms mom

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Good Luck!! I think you do have a new coaching staff be thankful!!!! Hopefully he'll get some playing time but if they are like the past coaches best of luck to ya!
Yep

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Judged:

As with everything in this town, it all depends on your last name or who you know!
Basketball Coach

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Yep wrote:
As with everything in this town, it all depends on your last name or who you know!
you for got the most important part also it's who you sleep with too
football

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

been their done that said he did no the plays I asked how is golng to learn standing on side ,its who you are and how much money you have.
SO WHAT

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Its football survival of the fittest so to speak.If your son wants to play he has to win the position at practice by going all out.He has to be faster,stronger,and have more knowledge 0f the game.I agree his chances may be few and far between so he has to take advantage of them when they arise.The bottom line is you win the position in practice not the last five minutes of a game you are winning in a blowout.
7th grade mom

Raywick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

I agree it is who you are. It is amazing how much pull the "CLICK" will have in sports. I can't wait until the game on Thursday night to see who plays and who is out.
pap

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

what in hell do u expect . bc want to the biggest district in the state so u have all of those kids for what a barren co education hahaha
ummm

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

I hope pap isn't from barren co. because you are having trouble stringing a sentence together....

sorry...

back to the subject....yes I think you are right...its all in who you know....but its that way at Glasgow....what to we do about it???? I am a nobody but my son loves football so I guess he will not play...

Since: Aug 08

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Well if you and your kids think they are nobodys and got the shit end of the stick with their last name then thats the attitude they will have. How far do you think that will get them?
know the coach

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

I happen to know all the coaches very well, and who your parents are has nothing to do with the amount of playing time you get. How good you play dont even have anything to do with it, the things the coaches look for the most is how hard you play each and everytime the ball is snapped. If your kid is not getting enough playing time tell him that when he does get his chance to give it 100% all the time and that will impress the coaches more than anything
know the coach

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

and for you that had kids that were on the team and didnt play dont allow your kid to use the excuses you are using for them (well i guess i dont make enough money for my kid to play) cause all your doing is giving them a reason or excuse to fail
7th grade mom

Raywick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Judged:

Have you saw from a friend of the coaches standpoint or from a parents standpoint? Although this thread is on BCMS football, I'm also speaking for other sports. It does matter who you are and what your parents do. I think there are "FAVORS" that are given everyday.

Just for an example, there is 1 kid in the district that has been fortunate enough to play every sport and also in good positions. This child makes MANY errors. So why does some kids set out while this child makes many errors? It's because this child has a parent that is very influential in the Barren County District.

My child does get to play quite a bit. He has earned it by practicing at home and on the fields. My eyes have seen very clearly how things are done sometimes!!!!

Hope your at the games!!! I wil be!!!!
proud mommy

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

know the coach wrote:
I happen to know all the coaches very well, and who your parents are has nothing to do with the amount of playing time you get. How good you play dont even have anything to do with it, the things the coaches look for the most is how hard you play each and everytime the ball is snapped. If your kid is not getting enough playing time tell him that when he does get his chance to give it 100% all the time and that will impress the coaches more than anything
Yes I know them as well... And I am not trying to put them down. I do like all them, and I dont agree that it is a matter of who you are. I will be honest. My son loves football,but needs work. So Do I expect him to get a lot of real play time, no. I would just like to see the coaches work on one thing, getting those 48+ boys standing on the sideline busy. If just to simply keep them busy.
I would be satisfied, and so would my son.
In LL all kids practise but at games only some play. I would like to see these boys busy that is my only complaint.
I have a friend that her son plays 1st string and it is becaue he is working so very hard, very clear of that when I watch him. He is from a very low income famiy and they have no "PULL" so the coaches are being fair and I don't want to imply otherwise. again if they could just work on the sideline bordom.
been there

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Judged:

What about all of the brownnoseing that goes on!!!!
I know Mother's that have their kids coaches phone # on their cell phone speed dial!!!
They want to get all buddy,buddy with these coaches and teachers just to get their kids in the "Click". They will just about do anything to get this "Status", It starts in LL and goes into high school!
I know these moms(mom) from BC and I'm sure alot of you do too,Get in thick with the coach or teacher
kids gets speical treatment,happeneds everyday!
ummm

Horse Cave, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

That is exactly my point....we are proud of what we have, and have no reason to be ashamed of our name but we are simply looked over....I am not aggressive in "hanging out" with the coach my child is not one of those kids that are constantly saying look at me, but he is a good dependable, solid player....He always played first string in LL but now nothing....I am sure that people will say that football is not for him because he isn't aggressive....but I think he should have a chance...
SO WHAT

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

ummm wrote:
That is exactly my point....we are proud of what we have, and have no reason to be ashamed of our name but we are simply looked over....I am not aggressive in "hanging out" with the coach my child is not one of those kids that are constantly saying look at me, but he is a good dependable, solid player....He always played first string in LL but now nothing....I am sure that people will say that football is not for him because he isn't aggressive....but I think he should have a chance...
You say your child is not aggressive,he needs to be to play it may be something he has to work on.You cannot be passive and play football,if he gets a chance to go against the starter in practice he has to lay him on his a**.It will only make your son better and get him some playtime and it will also make the other player better,because dont forget football is the biggest team sport.

Since: Aug 08

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

How did the game go last night?
bcms football player mom

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

as for all the kids standing on sideline i think they should have had tryouts instead of just letting the kids sign up...my son signed up late and he got a few minutes of playing time in the seventh grade scrimmage i think the only reason he did was because he worked hard in practice..he also play in little league and he was on first string the whole two year he played as matter of fact his time won second last year..the only thing i like that is different than little league is that i didnt see one coach get in my sons face and scream at him and talk to him like he was a nobody...but i do agree that they need to do aomething about allhtose kids standing on sidelines wanting to play real bad and never getting too..some of you say that the parents are saying things to these kids to give them low self esteem but what about them wanting to do something so badly and noone ever giving them a chance that affects the self esteem also.. just a thought everyone needs to think about it ...players , coaches and parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

126 Users are viewing the Glasgow Forum right now

Search the Glasgow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min GOTP 144,615
Hooking up bi guys 13 min Looking 1
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) 29 min Susie 968
Democrats are liars (Nov '13) 35 min my say 40
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 44 min gogetter 81,541
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 48 min gogetter 16,111
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 57 min ChromiuMan 127,800
•••
•••
•••
•••

Glasgow Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Glasgow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••